2015/2016 Money Shield Thread

Heard that the player in this game is doing lots of time on the sidelines. but the umpire gets off. Swept under the carpet i imagine. surprise surprise.

12 weeks to be exact atlas was intimidated apparently but that didnt stop him downing 12 stubbies after the game........must of been very frightened

Can anyone explain why Eltham have only points from 4 games on the ladder? Has changed up the position a bit. A typo or have points been deducted?

Rounds 1 & 2 - have a yellow dot against them in the fixure in Mycricket.. which means results either disputed or not confirmed... games dont count until completed.
Perhaps match results have not been confirmed by one of the clubs ( v Whittlesea & Hurstbridge)???

Fair point however the last time I checked (before the last round) it there was miles between eltham and banyule who were 5th, checking only a couple days ago eltham had dropped considerably and bergs had leapfrogged yulers. Points have definitely been deducted? I stand to be corrected though

Although I was only joking about losing points for cheating, it is amazing me all the worry over the ladder at the moment.

A close inspection of Mycricket shows that not all games are being displayed on the ladder. While 6 rounds have been played, its only showing 4 played for Eltham, 5 for Whittlesea and 5 for Hurstbridge.

As Ex Prez has pointed out, if you look at the fixture there are some games that are showing as unconfirmed, therefore do not appear on the ladder.

I think some people need to calm down.

Fantastic let's have a forum to discuss all things Money Shield and when a valid question arises about the current situation of the season lets belittle the asker and tell them to calm down.

It was a genuine and legitimate question which certainly carries weight considering the ladder position as it stands at the moment. Get off your high horse

All fixed now, assuming the games were re-opened to adjust some minor details or something.

A slip up from lalor on the weekend wouldn't read too much into it?,but it does leave 4th spot ajar for mont if things go their way.

Looking at the fixture, Lalor Stars could very easily miss the finals. They are playing Monty (5th), North Eltham (2nd) and Lower Plenty (1st) last 3 rounds.

Monty are 12 points out, but play Lalor (4th), Hurstbridge (12th) and Greensborough (11th).

I think whoever wins out of Lalor and Mont this round will pick up 4th spot.

Looking at the fixture, Lalor Stars could very easily miss the finals. They are playing Monty (5th), North Eltham (2nd) and Lower Plenty (1st) last 3 rounds.

Monty are 12 points out, but play Lalor (4th), Hurstbridge (12th) and Greensborough (11th).

Lalor had three 1's blokes on a cruise on the weekend, think that they will bounce back this weekend.

4 is sorted.

Monty have lost more games than the top 4 combined. Admittedly, the top 4 still yet to play each other for a large part. Which will make for an interesting finish.

The gap between the top 4 and the rest is significant.

Greensborough's had a big year - all senior sides on the bottom of the ladder.

33 games
2 wins
2 heat-outs
23 first innings losses
6 outright losses

Am I right in hearing the club might be in a bit of trouble next year re: folding?

33 games
2 wins
2 heat-outs
23 first innings losses
6 outright losses

Am I right in hearing the club might be in a bit of trouble next year re: folding?

A big walk out would hurt any club, depth is tested in every side. Will be a rebuilding job, but the club has a proud history and good facilities, as long as they don't let the juniors lapse, they should be back. We shouldn't be dancing over their graves, because weak clubs are bad for the comp.
I also wonder if the boys that used to be up and about on this forum are the same ones that left.

33 games
2 wins
2 heat-outs
23 first innings losses
6 outright losses

Seem to have a lot of spare time on your hands Warwick? get a life mate

Idiot

33 games
2 wins
2 heat-outs
23 first innings losses
6 outright losses

45+ kids enrolled in Milo Cricket. 60+ Kids enrolled in T20 Blast. One of only 4 T20 Blast centres in the Diamond Valley. Tripled Junior numbers year on year. U16's lost their semi final by 14 runs to the top side. Healthy finances off the field and a profit for the 2015/2016 season. If that sounds like "Trouble", I reckon there would be a lot of clubs that would love to be in "Trouble"!!!

Back