2016/2017 Barclay Shield

A) it's not newsworthy
B) the use of the word Allegedly - why not ask the the umpires what was actually said
C) Davidson giving an opinion without being informed of the facts from all concerned parties

Come on Serg, you're trying to defend the indefensible. It's a shocking act.

Within the rules, yes. Hence he was given out. But for a player that is merely trying to assist the fielder, for him to then be run out by said fielder. Is nothing short of disgraceful and I am sure that the vast majority of the club would be embarrassed by it.

Maybe the batsman should have been paying more attention to what he was doing rather than trying to assist the fielder. He made a mistake and was dismissed. Why is it "disgraceful" to run a bloke out who was careless enough not to get back in his ground, but not "disgraceful" to throw it to the vacant end when the batsmen have a mix and are both up one end of the pitch? Both are errors that the fielding team capitalises on.

If it was so shocking , why is the batsman given out ? Shocking would be a word used , perhaps, for an illegal activities. This is not one of those .

Shocking behavior by your captain. I've stated very clearly it was within the rules. But what he did was cheap and you know it. You can't defend what he did.

Sorry mate. Ask the umpires who are probably two of the better ones going around. Obviously his team mates love him because they follow his poor attitude. It was some of the worst behaviour by a club and its supporters. John may be a great bloke in certain circumstances but what he does is spark teammates and others to go beyond what's reasonable which results in flames. Others were just as bad but he does nothing to discourage. And he wonders why opposition blokes don't bother hanging around after a game. If he's a good friend, then perhaps encourage him to give it away. 50 year old blokes yelling out umpires are Effing C's when he gets given out lbw in front of women and kids is bad enough. Is lack of respect for the game, other participants etc was the final straw for me.
Hey mate. Read very carefully what I said. Show me where I said that the President went out to protect players from John. I said that his behaviour encourages team mates and supporters to overstep what's acceptable. I think your taking a few liberties with my words. His abuse occurred at the player exit from ground and as entering changrooms, so umpires wouldn't have heard it, but everyone of their players, officials and supporters would have. There's no denying his passion and keenness to participate but his antics are a thing of the past and shouldn't be tolerated. I would have at least some respect if he could cop and ounce of what he delivers, but he's to thin skinned for that. Marching up and down after being dismissed shirt off constantly abusing fielders who dare give him his own medicine is the stuff of the primary school yard. Seriously mate, they were feral and his behaviour feeds it and is tolerated.

If it was so shocking , why is the batsman given out ? Shocking would be a word used , perhaps, for an illegal activities. This is not one of those .
Mate mankad is within the rules, but only a morally corrupt desperate for success individual would deem it acceptable, hence why you rarely see it and it is frowned upon. I admire your willingness to protect your organisation, but you'd be doing a better service if you admitted what 95 percent of the cricket world acknowledges. There are the rules of cricket and rules of fair play. Knowing what's right and what's honourable. If Tim wants to hang his hat on "it's in the rules" camp, then he'll be drinking alone.

Mate mankad is within the rules, but only a morally corrupt desperate for success individual would deem it acceptable, hence why you rarely see it and it is frowned upon.

So our teams are playing each other in a GF, we need 1 run to win off the last ball, you're bowling, I'm at the non strikers end, you run in and I take off running well before you've bowled it and you're telling me that you wouldn't take the bails off because it's "morally corrupt"? BS, you'd take them off and tell me to GFTO.

Hey mate. Read very carefully what I said. Show me where I said that the President went out to protect players from John. I said that his behaviour encourages team mates and supporters to overstep what's acceptable. I think your taking a few liberties with my words. His abuse occurred at the player exit from ground and as entering changrooms, so umpires wouldn't have heard it, but everyone of their players, officials and supporters would have. There's no denying his passion and keenness to participate but his antics are a thing of the past and shouldn't be tolerated. I would have at least some respect if he could cop and ounce of what he delivers, but he's to thin skinned for that. Marching up and down after being dismissed shirt off constantly abusing fielders who dare give him his own medicine is the stuff of the primary school yard. Seriously mate, they were feral and his behaviour feeds it and is tolerated.

It's always been about JB,don't know how so many clubs have put up with him. Could he be charged for indecent exposure for having his top off?
#ordinaryrig #titties

Last edited:
Brutal....Tom, forgot to mention that he won't remember who you are, when the cash dries up.

I do agree with you re JB, been a great cricketer but absolute moron during games for far too long. Sadly he'll be remembered for his appalling behaviour rather than his great talent, his loss.

On the Wise issue, dont agree with it...maybe the 'spirit of the game committee' needs to remove/adjust some rules so we dont have this happening.
Bit like when attempting a runout and throw hits batsman, deflecting for possible overthrows....we dont run in the first innings, but in a tight game with 2 overs left, we always run, or as above the grand final situation with a mankad, you'd be silly not to~!!

So our teams are playing each other in a GF, we need 1 run to win off the last ball, you're bowling, I'm at the non strikers end, you run in and I take off running well before you've bowled it and you're telling me that you wouldn't take the bails off because it's "morally corrupt"? BS, you'd take them off and tell me to GFTO.

Firstly, you would already be out. Secondly, you would need to take off running early, it takes you a fair bit to get your big frame up the other end.

In all seriousness though I don't agree. I would rather walk off the ground with a loss head held high and my integrity in tact, than walk off the ground winning with a mankad. It would always be a premiership with an * beside it in my mind.

Shocking behavior by your captain. I've stated very clearly it was within the rules. But what he did was cheap and you know it. You can't defend what he did.

You are really letting the batsman off the hook here.
Umpires umpire to the rules not to the spirit of cricket.
What a lack of game sense in a tight game to think that a fielder needs any help whatsoever to field a ball.
Fielders field, batsman bat, there is never a good reason for a batsman to pick up a "live" ball.

You are really letting the batsman off the hook here.
Umpires umpire to the rules not to the spirit of cricket.
What a lack of game sense in a tight game to think that a fielder needs any help whatsoever to field a ball.
Fielders field, batsman bat, there is never a good reason for a batsman to pick up a "live" ball.
Spoken like somebody with great cricket smarts. Tongs wouldn't entertain the thought of picking up the ball. He is definitely the type to have the ball sit at his feet and let the fielder come and get it, and that's the truth.

Back