2016/2017 Barclay Shield

Macleod to atone for last season and turn the tables on Diamo this year.
Riverside still need a batsman or two as even though great bowling line up the other two sides have great attacks as well.

Macleod to atone for last season and turn the tables on Diamo this year.
Riverside still need a batsman or two as even though great bowling line up the other two sides have great attacks as well.
Apparently the new Pom that Macleod have is a bit more than handy. Bats and bowls left arm orthodox I think.

Congratulations to Mark Minney, whom has had the honour of having the Best on Ground medal in the Barclay Shield Grand Final named after him. Universally respected and liked as player and person.

Congratulations to Mark Minney, whom has had the honour of having the Best on Ground medal in the Barclay Shield Grand Final named after him. Universally respected and liked as player and person.
Congratulations to Skips, totally agree Tongs...

This is not a knock on him, but...... I would have thought a medal for best on ground in a Barclay Shield gf would have been in someone's name who has a history in a Barclay Shield gf?

Congratulations to Skips, totally agree Tongs...

This is not a knock on him, but...... I would have thought a medal for best on ground in a Barclay Shield gf would have been in someone's name who has a history in a Barclay Shield gf?

Ordinary comment.

How? Is he not allowed to have an opinion?

Did I remove it or say he's not allowed to post it?

I just think when someone gets an honour like that, to then give them an immediate backhander is poor form. Like him, I'm entitled to my opinion.

Agree with Tongs, know one is more deserving. They should Throw in Brett Glynn for the Money Shield Medal and Justin Whitcher for the Mash Sheild Medal as well. Both guys have been One club champions, always been available for comp games and have played game like Skips in the right spirits. Apologies to other guys I've missed but those two come to mind first.

Did I remove it or say he's not allowed to post it?

I just think when someone gets an honour like that, to then give them an immediate backhander is poor form. Like him, I'm entitled to my opinion.
In no way is it a sledge by any means on any of the blokes who have been honored...

I just would have thought a medal for a grand final would represent individual achievements in the grand final.

In no way is it a sledge by any means on any of the blokes who have been honored...

I just would have thought a medal for a grand final would represent individual achievements in the grand final.

Have to agree. Let me be clear though, no issue with him being recognised but wouldn't have thought that the GF medal was the appropriate accolade. How many comp batting avg has he won (not sure if that's already named after someone though?)

Brutal very quiet this week,though I would be too if my club put in a pitiful performance like that especially against another ordinary team.

Last edited:
Heard today that the dust had barely settled on his teams first up win, when the winning captain coach thought he'd contact his opposition counterpart to ask about his cricketing future and make an offer to chat. Perhaps the realisation that despite victory he has not a lot of faith in his list long term and the first round opponent has more upside than his own. Opposition club thinks this self styled guru with large ego needs to learn a bit of respect. It's certainly been stored in the memory bank for the future encounter.

Anyone ever heard of a sports psychologists services being employed by a local cricket club, in order to sort through some issues of the past few years?

Anyone ever heard of a sports psychologists services being employed by a local cricket club, in order to sort through some issues of the past few years?

Nope, but there are a couple of posters on here that could probably benefit from seeing one.

Which club, and what issues?

Back