2016/2017 Barclay Shield

Been rumblings all season that Salm and Austin are gone at season end. Banyule are tell everyone that O'Connor is heading home. Look out for the Clappers at your local Bunnings selling snags to pay for their next Runners Up tilt.
Austin is a Riverside Junior isn't he? Where would he go? Obviously he had a great year with the ball. Salm less so this year, but still a good season with the stick. They'd both get more cash elsewhere I am sure, but would they bother? They'd probably have to go to separate clubs.

Austin is a Riverside Junior isn't he? Where would he go? Obviously he had a great year with the ball. Salm less so this year, but still a good season with the stick. They'd both get more cash elsewhere I am sure, but would they bother? They'd probably have to go to separate clubs.

I honestly can't see either of them leaving. I highly doubt it.

Wonder why they haven't exactly advertised it all that well
The DVCA pres night doesn't need to be advertised, clubs are advised well before the season begins (and before clubs have organised their own nights). It's up to each individual club to organise their own night accordingly, and to let members know when it is and who is attending.

The DVCA pres night doesn't need to be advertised, clubs are advised well before the season begins (and before clubs have organised their own nights). It's up to each individual club to organise their own night accordingly, and to let members know when it is and who is attending.
Well that clears that up..

I haven't been on the committee of my club for a few years now, but that was always the way it was done, and I assume still is...

Questions that have come from an amazing GF.
1. Has a Barclay premier ever had a worse form line going in to a finals series to win the flag? 1 win after Xmas, bowled out for 98 and 35 in games just before finals. Goes to show, doesn't matter how you get there, anything can happen in finals.
2. Was Riverside in line for the greatest single season as a club? all 6 sides in the finals, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's all win the flag.....

1. Has a Barclay premier ever had a worse form line going in to a finals series to win the flag? 1 win after Xmas, bowled out for 98 and 35 in games just before finals. Goes to show, doesn't matter how you get there, anything can happen in finals.
2. Was Riverside in line for the greatest single season as a club? all 6 sides in the finals, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's all win the flag.....
They certainly were, a club won 1st, 2nd, 3rds and 4th back in the 80's.

2. Was Riverside in line for the greatest single season as a club? all 6 sides in the finals, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's all win the flag.....[/QUOTE

In fairness to our ordinary form post Xmas, we had a few injuries ( Johnson out 2 games, t wise couldn't bowl much, o'leary out 2 matches , and lynch for a couple as well). When your cream is not there, the results are always going to suffer. Lucky they were all available and fit for finals.

Last edited:
To my knowledge the only notification of date change was via Admin section in rule book. If true, hardly qualifies as being "well advised". Not sure about others, but I don't read the rule book at best of times, let alone the admin section. A good old fashioned email may have been better, highlighting change.

To my knowledge the only notification of date change was via Admin section in rule book. If true, hardly qualifies as being "well advised". Not sure about others, but I don't read the rule book at best of times, let alone the admin section. A good old fashioned email may have been better, highlighting change.
From what I've heard I'm pretty sure email was sent to each club before the start of the season, if the secretary doesn't pass it on thats on the club I would have thought.

From what I've heard I'm pretty sure email was sent to each club before the start of the season, if the secretary doesn't pass it on thats on the club I would have thought.
I spoke to someone who is with DVCA and they said notification of date change was only listed in Admin section of rule book. Our secretary who is very thorough, never received any other notification.

I spoke to someone who is with DVCA and they said notification of date change was only listed in Admin section of rule book. Our secretary who is very thorough, never received any other notification.
Ive heard otherwise, so have to agree to disagree on this one

So I take it Research have theirs on the same night? Which one will Tom go to?

Back