2016/2017 Money Shield

Do you think his replacement will come from inside the club or has the search begun for a new coach?

Nick wasn't coach this year, so that search is null and void.

Nick has been a brilliant servant for our club. To come across and have an immediate impact on the playing group taking us to a Money Shield Premiership, only the second 1st XI flag of our club, was nothing short of outstanding, and will forever hold a special place at the club, and with the other 10 blokes in that team.

He has a lot of things happening in his life with a new job that has taken up a lot of his time, as well as only recently being married.
Nick came to us and we had a very honest conversation about the club and moving forward without him at the helm of the 1's.

A great mate, and a great bloke that we hope will be involved around the club for a long time.

Nick has been a brilliant servant for our club. To come across and have an immediate impact on the playing group taking us to a Money Shield Premiership, only the second 1st XI flag of our club, was nothing short of outstanding, and will forever hold a special place at the club, and with the other 10 blokes in that team.

He has a lot of things happening in his life with a new job that has taken up a lot of his time, as well as only recently being married.
Nick came to us and we had a very honest conversation about the club and moving forward without him at the helm of the 1's.

A great mate, and a great bloke that we hope will be involved around the club for a long time.
Well said Nic

Do you think his replacement will come from inside the club or has the search begun for a new coach?

I would expect Ross to continue as coach next year. As for a captain, as I and several others see it, there's certainly potential within the current group to do the job. That said, I know we will be recruiting, there are some gaps that our 2nd XI is not deep enough to fill, so I guess it depends who is recruited. Fortunately, that's not my problem.

I would expect Ross to continue as coach next year. As for a captain, as I and several others see it, there's certainly potential within the current group to do the job. That said, I know we will be recruiting, there are some gaps that our 2nd XI is not deep enough to fill, so I guess it depends who is recruited*. Fortunately, that's not my problem.

bought*

you dont recruit. you buy players from overseas.

bought*

you dont recruit. you buy players from overseas.

We weren't exactly the only ones, plus you get no argument out of me about it, I vehemently and openly disagreed with getting overseas players. However, if I read between the lines correctly in what's been said post season, I think committee may have finally realised their error here and agree with my initial thoughts on the subject 5+ years ago. Not that the current executive of the club would swallow their pride and admit I was right.

Besides which, if I'm interpreting the 457 visa bans correctly, there may be no overseas players for anyone next season.

I reckon he'll be running amuck at the Ginger pride Fanta pants festival in the city tomorrow!

Back