2022/23 Shield Thread

Jhye Richardson has been rested after a single 50 over game. This is telling me he is being seen as fragile. A huge blow to Australian cricket if he can not return to Tests.

Blues selectors on another planet as per usual. No Ryan Hackney, Lachlan Hearne, Hayden Kerr or Trent Copeland. Surely we have not let Harry Conway leave in preference for Liam Hatcher. Dwarshuis adds balance with his left armers.

Last edited:
Day1 finished about even. Blues all out for 180 while WA are 2 down at stumps.

Skipper Kurtis Patterson was the glue that kept the Blues together. He and Jason Sangha looked to be rebuilding nicely after early wickets fell until the vice captain copped a Morris snorter, one of the express pacers fivefor.

Last edited:
Some good or maybe not so good news for some. Former Test skipper Tim Paine will finally return to First class cricket on Thursday when the Tigers take on their host the Bulls. I am one that is glad Tim did not retire as he still has plenty to offer Aussie cricket......

Yesterday in Perth, Australia witnessed the emergence of a future Test batsmen. Teague Wyllie,18, became the youngest batsman to score a Shield century since Ricky Ponting some 30 years ago. With wickets tumbling around him on a bowler friendly WACA deck, he showed a mental capacity well beyond his years.
I have followed Teague's progress since he was 15, hitting 145kph balls from an indoor bowling machine and actually commentating at the same time, such was his confidence. At the time he was being mentored by a former semi pro cricketer who ran clinics for promising schoolboy batsmen.

Last edited:
I have always rated paceman Chris Tremain. No doubt in my mind had not Josh Hazlewood been given the Test nod Tremmers would have. Yesterday the Dubbo-born r/armer bowled three of the most economical spells you will see in first class cricket. From his 24 overs, 13 of which were maidens, he conceded just 25 runs..

Last edited:
One batsman from each side, Lehmann and Doran, live charmed lives.

SA win toss and batting. Good grass cover at AO should suit the Tassie seamers in the first session.

Another poor show with the bat by the SACAs. 227. Head again a failure. Tigers veteran seamer Jackson Bird was best with the ball.

A resilient Tim Ward has led Tassie to a slender first innings lead. Ward, who batted for 200 odd balls admitted it was 'hard going on a difficult seaming pitch'.

Only some late order runs has kept SACAs in the contest that was until Ward and Jewell took 100 off the deficit by stumps. Tigers should wrap up victory by tea.

Last edited:
WA enjoying themselves on a batting belter finally fall for 466 on the second day. By stumps the Vics were well on the way to making it a contest. Looks a cert to be a draw tho the spinners may have something to say about that over the final two days.

Last edited:
One batsman from each side, Lehmann and Doran, live charmed lives.

SA win toss and batting. Good grass cover at AO should suit the Tassie seamers in the first session.

Another poor show with the bat by the SACAs. 227. Head again a failure. Tigers veteran seamer Jackson Bird was best with the ball.

A resilient Tim Ward has led Tassie to a slender first innings lead. Ward, who batted for 200 odd balls admitted it was 'hard going on a difficult seaming pitch'.

Only some late order runs has kept SACAs in the contest that was until Ward and Jewell took 100 off the deficit by stumps. Tigers should wrap up victory by tea.

its still a live result imo.
manenti played brlliantly yesterday and i cant see him and agar at least giving up without a fight, .
im looking forward to a good afternoon

Report Edit Delete

how good was handscombe today?
i dont have the slightest idea who he would replace but he deserves a recall if anyone does

itll be hard not to recall handscombe in the test team if he gets 200 today

how good was handscombe today?
i dont have the slightest idea who he would replace but he deserves a recall if anyone does

I wouldn't read much into it. The pitch was a massive road, frankly it was rather disappointing that they wheeled out such a deck.

Fantastic win by WA today, fell quite way behind early on day two, especially after being 6/29 in the first innings but skittled Queensland cheaply in the final session yesterday to setup a tricky but gettable chase. Things weren't looking too great at 4/24 this morning but great knocks from Hilton Cartwright and Aaron Hardie managed to turn the game in WA's favour with Hardie eventually seeing WA home with well deserved Player of the Match honours.

A great win by WA which sees them move to the top of the table. Tasmania drew with Victoria yesterday in a match which was called off after multiple hail showers while the match between New South Wales and South Australia remains in progress with one day to play. NSW are 3/35 at the close of day three, leading by 113 runs.

Back