siddle2franklin;317983 said:
oh jeeze again :(
i want myself dropped
shocking performance

You can say that again :D

You're dropped!

Re: 25/25 Round 5: Nairobi Nuggets v Madrid Magic @ T.O.C.A

breeno;317986 said:
Me and you man, we can take out the averages in the comp, you know we can.

That's what I'm aiming for :D

Nuggets are the form side of the competition!
Who is good enough to stop them..

SHIT EFFORT! We trade all our bowlers for a half eaten hotdog! When are they going to pull their fingers out?

siddle2franklin;318000 said:

Nope, I'm going to play 11 bowlers next game. Hopefully we're only chasing 11 runs when we bat.

siddle2franklin;318002 said:
its not our fault blame the sim

Yeah, I blame Jolldo.

Quite clearly his fault ;)

Dirk Kuyt;318010 said:
Nope, I'm going to play 11 bowlers next game. Hopefully we're only chasing 11 runs when we bat.
the way we are going now i think the total will be about 100 times that

Jolldo87;318053 said:
Not anymore. :mad:

That's okay. UCL matches start at 6:45am; therefore it will be finished before 9am, you'll still make it to school on time.

Unless SBS or ESPN play the Man Utd match delayed, then you'll be in trouble :p

**** me. I am a disgrace. Drop me instead of siddle. I wanna be a bowling allrounder again. :(

School starts tommorrow for me, but I'm not going. Too hot.

Dirk Kuyt;317926 said:
Something about player safety.

I don't understand why we don't just have a drinks break every 10 overs, rather than every 20.

Soft. That's exactly what senior competitions in WA do and Perth is hotter than what Melbourne is. A few extra drinks breaks would solve the problem.

fmr_13;317927 said:
Nah because Victorian cricket is of a standard far better than the cricket in WA it is more strenuous on the players hence their being rules in place to prevent heat related injuries etc.

Rubbish argument. At the end of the day, the majority of us are playing amatuer cricket or sub-district cricket and it's going to be the same standard no matter what state you're in. Calling off a game or delaying the start because it's too hot is soft as butter. Cricket is a summer sport, played in the heat, seniors should be able to cope with the heat with almost all players being 18 years of age or more.

A few extra drinks breaks would stop the madness and let them play.

Mousey;318060 said:
**** me. I am a disgrace. Drop me instead of siddle. I wanna be a bowling allrounder again. :(

School starts tommorrow for me, but I'm not going. Too hot.

Haha, excellent work @|

Refer to the Magic thread for an answer to your first sentence.

Go Magic!

Great win, full credit to the batters again, another superb job. Sean was ferocious with the willow once more, a great knock of 89 not out. South got a good start at the top of the innings with FG scoring well near the end and also DFT who blasted a quickfire 33 not out including a hectic last over which gave us a real boost.

Bowling was acceptable, a few of us went for some runs but that's understandable. Weapons was decent with the ball, anything about six an over on here is a decent job, I bowled okay also and picked up a wicket.

Hitting some form of late with two pretty big wins which will help our quotient again. Looking for 3 from three next round.

Go Nugs!! @|

Ljp86;318072 said:
Great win, full credit to the batters again, another superb job. Sean was ferocious with the willow once more, a great knock of 89 not out. South got a good start at the top of the innings with FG scoring well near the end and also DFT who blasted a quickfire 33 not out including a hectic last over which gave us a real boost.

Bowling was acceptable, a few of us went for some runs but that's understandable. Weapons was decent with the ball, anything about six an over on here is a decent job, I bowled okay also and picked up a wicket.

Hitting some form of late with two pretty big wins which will help our quotient again. Looking for 3 from three next round.

Go Nugs!! @|

Firmly on the Nuggets bandwagon! What a team, lead by the great LJP. Anyone who can bowl 5 overs and take 1-18 in a T25 match is a real bowling legend!

Ljp86;318067 said:
Soft. That's exactly what senior competitions in WA do and Perth is hotter than what Melbourne is. A few extra drinks breaks would solve the problem.

I might put it to the club president and get him to bring it up at the next meeting, starting next season @|

Ljp86;318067 said:
Rubbish argument. At the end of the day, the majority of us are playing amatuer cricket or sub-district cricket and it's going to be the same standard no matter what state you're in. Calling off a game or delaying the start because it's too hot is soft as butter. Cricket is a summer sport, played in the heat, seniors should be able to cope with the heat with almost all players being 18 years of age or more.

Exactly right again LJP.

The majority of the players are over 18 and if they're not, the parents can control whether or not they play on certain weekends.

But yep, we're playing amatuer cricker and instead of a drinks break at 20 overs, then tea at 40, then a drinks break at 60 and then stumps at 80. Just include more drinks breaks in there and that should do the trick. The umpires can also carry water for the bowlers/batsmen who can take drinks in between overs to keep refreshed.

Pretty simple really, there's no need to abandon matches or delay them because of the heat. After all (as you said) cricket is a summer sport and you've got to expect to be out in the heat during summer while playing cricket.

Ljp86;318067 said:

Yeah the problem is the blokes 50+ or that have the fitness levels of me :p

Doesnt bother me, we wont be playing long this week so luckily the forecast has now dropped below the 40 mark so we're safe

The most pathetic thing about the rule is the worst day we have had was under the 40 degree rule, so we played but it was smoky and alot more dangerous to our health than a 42 degree fine day.

But I dont know what its like in Perth, but the majority of grounds have no facilities and little shade

eddiesmith;318078 said:
Yeah the problem is the blokes 50+ or that have the fitness levels of me :p

Doesnt bother me, we wont be playing long this week so luckily the forecast has now dropped below the 40 mark so we're safe

The most pathetic thing about the rule is the worst day we have had was under the 40 degree rule, so we played but it was smoky and alot more dangerous to our health than a 42 degree fine day.

But I dont know what its like in Perth, but the majority of grounds have no facilities and little shade

Well that's true.

That could be a problem for the older blokes, but then again, that's why there's veterans competitions and one day competitions.

I remember that smoky day. It was about 39 degrees where I was playing and the smoke was about 3m above our heads for the whole day, it was absolutely ridiculous playing cricket in those conditions.

Back