4 Piece balls in lower grades

F Troop

I was told at training on thursday night that all lower grades are now using 4 piece balls.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

A change in the rules like that cannot be made halfway through a season and cannot be ratified without being voted on by all clubs. To make this change, a rule change proposal would have to be put forward and voted on by all clubs.
As this has not happened, the rule cannot be changed.
Montmorency used a 4 piece ball in a G Grade game before Christmas stating this same rubbish about all grades using 4 piece balls. It is not true and was confirmed by the DVCA.
The DVCA has confirmed that any club using a 4 piece ball in lower grades will lose the game on protest.

It's not crap, it's called both teams playing on an even playing field.
You cannot have a game of cricket where one team uses a different ball to the other team!
I would have thought that was just common sense?!?
2 Piece and 4 Piece balls do behave differently and in my personal experience, the 4 piece ball does swing, however it does not swing as far and it does swing late. The 2 piece ball swings out of the hand which is a lot easy to pick up as a batsman. The 4 piece ball swings much later and does not swing as far, but as any good bowler will tell you, you don't want a ball to swing 2 feet, you only want it to swing 2 or 3 inches, and late.

Thanks for confirming TGAT. I told blokes at my club that it can't happen without a RCP and they told me i was wrong. Looks like i'm the one who's correct.

Back