A Few Questions

postmanpav

A Few Questions

I'm a young pace bowler whos can bowl a fast-medium pace. The problem im having though is that i am struggling with variation and movement.

I have a good slower ball that is hard to pick but my cutters and swinging deliveries is what im struggling with. With my off and leg cutters they pretty much become slower balls because i cant seem to get enough cut and they mainly hold their line.

I'm also having trouble with swinging my deliveries. I can get one to swing away but cant seem to get them to swing in.

Any tips/advice anyone could give? I no there pretty basic problems but i have tried a few different techniques etc with them and it doesn't seem to help.

Re: A Few Questions

Most pace bowlers will generally only swing the ball one way, but if you would like to experiment, use a tennis ball with one half taped up, then watch the swing.

talked to a different coach and he seemed to help me a fair bit with some of the stuff so i should be ok, thanks for your help anyway.

I presume your a right hand bowler. When bowling swing it is important to get your qrist behind the ball, you dont want to be placing it, insteas firing it out like a cannon. To get your wrist behind the ball just think of your hand/wrist being cocked up like a cobra head, this will get your wrist behind the ball and assist swing.

Also angle the ball to leg slip and in your follow through your bowling arm must finish inside your front leg, not outside like an outswinging or normal delivery. Also you want to release the ball infront of your head with your hand pushed over the ball.

Back