Advice on Bats

the little man

Advice on Bats

Hi All,

I have been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post. I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback/advice on some bats. I need to but a new one for this season and I have narrowed it down to 4:

a) Bradbury Sterling
b) Fisher Best/Custom Bat
c) Puma Evolution
d) Screaming Cat (professional or premium)

Has anyone had any experience in using any of the bats above?

Cheers.

TLM

Re: Advice on Bats

I used a Bradbury Sterling for three years and it was amazing. By far the best bat I've had. It was heavier than I'm used to (about 2' 11') but if you get onto one, it stays hit. It was only the 'silver' grade too (Cost $350 at the time).

Yep, have heard good things about Bradbury. I previously had a Puma Tribute (until I left it behind after a game and it never showed up again!). I think I definitely want to move towards the 'boutique brands', I get the feeling you are less likely to buy a dud bat from them as opposed to the bigger brands.

I'd advise going for a 2009 Gunn and Moore. I've got an Icon myself, and I've seen quite a few of this season's G&M's and they've all looked excellent. My Icon is superb, best bat I've ever had by a long way. I'll definitely be sticking with G&M for a long while now.

Leaning towards Fisher, from what I have read people seem pretty impressed by them. Also that fact that the top of the line Fisher is $470 while the top Screaming Cat is $650+.

Wait till the new kooka range comes out and have a look .. picked up some stuff yesterday fantastic , New pointing bat for this season is amaizing limited to 100

the little man;352391 said:
Hi All,

I have been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post. I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback/advice on some bats. I need to but a new one for this season and I have narrowed it down to 4:

a) Bradbury Sterling
b) Fisher Best/Custom Bat
c) Puma Evolution
d) Screaming Cat (professional or premium)

Has anyone had any experience in using any of the bats above?

Cheers.

TLM

My run down on the 4 bats in the above post ;
Bradbury: I have never used a Bradbury, I have only had 4-5 in my hand. The first thing I noticed was they have HUGE edges and a massive sweet spot. Very well waited for such a large bat. I don't think you could go wrong with one of these. Bradbury's are not cheap though.
Fisher: My current stick. Nice bats, brilliant out of the middle (when you find the middle). Do yourself a favour and go and visit Lachlan in Geelong road.
You will get a quality bat at a good price.
Puma: Not for me, I personally would not touch them, but thats just me.
Screaming Cat: Julian Millianchamp, what more could you say!! one if not the best bat maker in the world.
When he had M&H I gave there factory a visit in Perth ( a long time ago now ) and purchased a M&H original. It was a brilliant stick. I no for a fact a lot of test players used his bats. Can't go wrong with anything he makes. As with the Bradbury the Screaming Cats are not cheap.

Overall I dont think you could go wrong with a Bradbury, Fisher or Screaming Cat. Your best value for money is the Fisher, around $450 to $470 for memory where the other two are around $650 to $700.

Good luck with your choice.

Lads,

Not matter where you look for bats weather G&M or a lesser brand like Newberry etc.
You can always find a gem amongst them, it takes some what a small % of luck and the rest knowing what you look for.

I have had plenty of bats my best been a Puma, i have heard great things about all brands of bats at one point or another.
Bats very from pick up, length, thickness, weight and the size of the Middle to sit here and say one is better then the other is not right.

The more you pay the more likely you are of getting a decent bat, but at the end of the day the bat is only as good as the person useing it.

Happy hunting.

10notout;354204 said:
My run down on the 4 bats in the above post ;
Bradbury: I have never used a Bradbury, I have only had 4-5 in my hand. The first thing I noticed was they have HUGE edges and a massive sweet spot. Very well waited for such a large bat. I don't think you could go wrong with one of these. Bradbury's are not cheap though.
Fisher: My current stick. Nice bats, brilliant out of the middle (when you find the middle). Do yourself a favour and go and visit Lachlan in Geelong road.
You will get a quality bat at a good price.
Puma: Not for me, I personally would not touch them, but thats just me.
Screaming Cat: Julian Millianchamp, what more could you say!! one if not the best bat maker in the world.
When he had M&H I gave there factory a visit in Perth ( a long time ago now ) and purchased a M&H original. It was a brilliant stick. I no for a fact a lot of test players used his bats. Can't go wrong with anything he makes. As with the Bradbury the Screaming Cats are not cheap.

Overall I dont think you could go wrong with a Bradbury, Fisher or Screaming Cat. Your best value for money is the Fisher, around $450 to $470 for memory where the other two are around $650 to $700.

Good luck with your choice.

Was in Melbourne last week so went in and saw Lachlan, very impressed with the range. I went through them and found one that felt right.

He is going to do a custom for me in the same shape, weight, etc. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Back