Aero Strippers P1

Re: Aero Strippers P1

at first i hated them.... now i love them!

The biggest problem i have with them is every time you walk to the square some one makes a comment! and then they dont stop.

They are some of the lightest pads i have used (nearest is the morrant pads) they are very comfy! and most of all they offer fab protection all the way down to the ankles!

Yeah thats what i hate...
Everyone always makes jibes about my kit... Its all from like fairly small companies (Fusion Sports, Redback) They just dont understand how GM and GN etc are ripping them off!

i wear them cos i like them, i never had stickers on my bat as i didnt want them! i'd rather people ask what it is!

I just saw a photo of vaughans setup in the Metro newspaper today.
He has tied his inside thigh pad to the waist strap of his front thigh pad. Do you think someone should tell him about aero strippers?

rubbish they are not going to any more protective, lets face it he rarely gets hit on his thigh's.
:laugh:

The Ace, Remfry and Buchanan are stabproof, look at the players on the international circuit. Look at the numbers using these brands and then look for ones using Aero.

Many many more use Custom thigh pads

they looked very soft.
I think he is just used to his setup by now.
No need to change right before a big test.
There is also probably has a kind of "lucky underpants" effect. hehe

I'm sure there are more strippers users in the Uk you are using sponsored high level players as an example!

Stab proof! Why? Its a cricket ball! Leather! Not kevlar! That's the funniest selling point ive heard for a thigh pad!

Must be those sharp deliveries!

Strippers wont be moulded to a players legs like these custom guards are...Off the top of my head i know...
Vaughn and trescothic and Strauss all use Custom thigh pads

Stab Proof proves they are protective, when there's a 90mph+ cricket ball coming down at you you know you're safe with a good thigh pad like these custom brands.

There may be more young players using Strippers, but if these Pro's are willing to pay £100 out of their own money for their thigh pad then they must be good. Some even have their leg covered in almost a cast, this cast is then taken away and the thigh pad is shaped to this cast. A good fitting thigh pad is important, the strippers are all one size so may not fit everyone and the custom ones will.

Of course they pay for kit unless they're sponsored by that brand. They pay for Remfry I'm sure of, and I know a number pay for bats.

evo said:
Of course they pay for kit unless they're sponsored by that brand. They pay for Remfry I'm sure of, and I know a number pay for bats.

You're totally correct, a number of players will use bats by specific makers and then have them stickered up as their sponsored brand (of course, we won't name any of those players or brands). If they do this then they will pay for the kit, although some places will offer a discount for a number of reasons.

As for the thigh pads, well, I'd say that at the moment (and talking top class cricket) the custom made thigh pad will be far and away the most popular option. Strippers will have it's users but mainly those sponsored by the brand (and even then that is not a given). Unless these players come out and say the brand or are able to give it some exposure then you can normally bet that they have paid something for it, Remfry being a fine example of this.

If we are talking club cricketer level then the strippers will be the winner but that's mainly as a custom pad is probably beyond the means of your average cricketer (I mean, how many people will be willing to pay £100+ for a thigh pad?) plus it's going to be something that very few will realise you can get.

Which one is better? Search me as they both claim (at the highest level) to offer protection at 90mph and above. I don't fancy testing that one out but if we have any volunteers then I'll see what can be done :lol:. It will mean standing there and having balls fired at your thigh at 95mph and we may even try the stab test :p.

stab proof proves nothing!

Stab proof material is to stop a sharp! Pin Point object from penetrating through to the Skin.

A Thigh protector is a different kettle of fish, the aim of a thigh protector is to disperse the energy across an area and thus stopping a ball from hurting!

i know for a fact that players of a higher level do not pay for their kit (well the good players). Flintoff does not pay for his bats. He has them made in pairs and sent to him. Its like saying david beckham pays for his adidas predators! Professional cricketers do get some perks!

If anyone has a spare pair of strippers i will quite happily put a bullet through them! infact two! one a .44 mag round and a .22 Mini mag. and show teh effects of something that goes over 90mph!
:laugh:

I've been there and sold bats to players, I think I'd know if they pay or not!! They'll give you the £150 for the bat and then go and put whatever stickers on it.

If they're from the sponsor (like David Beckham and Adidas to use your example) they'll get them free. Flintoff gets them free from Woodworm, although they'll be made by Hunts or Sareen's but Woodworm will pay for this cost. If a player, by choice, chooses to use something not by their sponsor they'll pay.

For example KP could easily use a Woodworm thigh guard, however he chooses to pay from his own pocket for a custom one. Remfry aren't going to give him one free as they don't need the advertising, they're a small boutique brand matching to people's specs.

Remfry and ACE FIM are in my opinion the best thigh pads going, stab proof or not they're used by most of the top English and Australian players who happily pay out of their own pocket for them. On the subject of pro's bats does anyone want Ian Blackwell's Bradbury :D

FYI Flintoff has his bats made at County (who Make woodworms for those who dont know) my bat was made by the same bloke.

we have a ex county player who has just moved to our club. and he still doesnt pay for any of his kit! he gets new free kit every season!

i'm all for custom, but what i'm trying to say is Strippers will serve just the same purpose as a Custom thigh pad. and at a quarter of the price!

Sareen Sports also make some Woodworm bats and gear. In the Ashes both KP and Flintoff had SS made bats.

Strippers will perform the same purpose, same as any cheap thigh pad will. Custom will do it better.

Edit: Found a quote from the Times Of India to back up my point.

"According to cricket gear manufacturers Sareen Sports, who also make bats for Woodworm UK, both Flintoff and Pietersen had ordered special bats prior to the start of the Ashes. "Before the Ashes, both Flintoff and Pietersen gave specifications for bats they needed for the high-profile series," Jatin Sareen of SS told TOI onWednesday.

"The two England players enquired about the performance and feel of the bat. And I am glad that my explanation convinced them... it was apparent that they wanted to make a difference this time in the Ashes," Sareen said."

Back