Aero Strippers P1

Re: Aero Strippers P1

Without getting too embroiled in this, you're both right to a certain extent.

Flintoff is happy (from memory and articles I've read) to use whatever bat is supplied to him (he certainly gets through enough), others (and we will not name them for legal reasons) will source plain bats from a preferred maker, usually at cost plus 25% (for example) and then add the appropriate stickers.

evo said:
Strippers will perform the same purpose, same as any cheap thigh pad will. Custom will do it better.

Now, I'm not going to dispute any claims made by manufacturers, but I really would like to test them out and see who comes out on top.

evo said:
"According to cricket gear manufacturers Sareen Sports, who also make bats for Woodworm UK, both Flintoff and Pietersen had ordered special bats prior to the start of the Ashes.

I think that backs up both of your arguments re: Flintoff. Outside maker, but one who does supply the company in question.

Also, please do not name any player who may or may not source bats from outside of their sponsor. I can do without any potential for legal aggro.

I think we have hijacked this thread enough. The Main point of this was to reveiw the Strippers not to proove that a custom more expensive thigh pad woudl do a better job. I have no doubt if i was paying £100 for a custom thigh pad, in theory it would be better than a cheaper alternative. A bit like buying a suit off the peg and having a bespoke one made. The Off the peg job will do the job and be cheaper but the Bespoke one will be suited to your cut.

In terms of customisation . I think the aero strippers have enough for 95% of the population. They come in 4 sizes and you can adjust them with the various velcro straps.
It makes a big improvement on the one size fits all policy of most manufacturers.

I'm quite disappointed to find that this thread isn't about chocolate bars and nubile ladies... :embarrassed:

On topic, I'm in the market for some thigh pads and hip protectors, so these will be top of the list!

Apologies again for going back to bats. I have heard flintoff uses Bradbury, also if anyone was watching Sussex vs Lancs the other day they would have seen Bumble at the Newberry factory showing us Matt Priors Newberry bat, I doubt his sponsers, Slazenger, were very happy.

Also, I am thinking of investing in some aero legguards however i don't have the balls to go and buy them, if they affect performance though, it should be worth it.
I have a pair of mid-range slazengers that i scuffed up last week diving for my wicket, i was given out. It may prove a blessing in disguise though as i felt they were wide on my legs. How are the aeros width-wise, Stumped?

Stumped;26652 said:
alot of players use "other" bats with tehir sponsors logo's on them!

Ofcourse they do, i know that, however i was just adding to some of the points that had been made and found it mildly amusing that Bumble was showcasing Matt Priors Newberry bat in between Priors innings with his 'Slazenger' !

Very cheap, not sure how reputable the store is but if they're ok that's a bargain.

Only a couple of quid more than UK Trade Price.

yeah, i'm not too sure. its hard for me to trust these online sites b/c i can't actually physically go to a store and compare equipment and see it for myself...one of the disadvantages of cricket being a fringe sport in the US

i'm sure kit will become more widely available! if not find somewhere that has a drop box to get stuff delivered.

i'm seriously considering getting them, my only concern is that they'll feel weird as I've never worn an inner thigh pad before. Also, they might just be a little much, considering hardly anyone bowls over 75 MPH here...

I contacted one of the reps from Aero and cricmart.com is indeed a retailer of Aero equipment, not sure what their international shipping policy is, but might be worth it!

Back