Age Requirements?

LeBriton

Hi, I'm trying to find out what the minimum age requirements are around the world for playing adult cricket. Thanks for any info you can give me

Hi, I'm trying to find out what the minimum age requirements are around the world for playing adult cricket. Thanks for any info you can give me

Here in the UK in friendly games and league games come to think of it, I've seen kids playing aged 12. The opposition always tone down their bowling to accomodate the kids abilities.

The ECB's guidance is here
http://www.ecb.co.uk/ecb/safeguardi...on/safe-hands/download-safe-hands,450,BP.html (kit bag item 18), the section below is probably all you are really asking, with the rest being about the club's responsibilities to the young player
District and club players who are not in a county or area squads must wait until they reach the U13 age group, be in Year 8 and be 12 years old on 1st September of the preceding year before being able to play in any open age group cricket. As before written parental consent is required for these players.

Back