Ajantha Mendis

Re: Ajantha Mendis

He is very hard to pick.

He is listed as an off-spinner but he also has a leggie, doosra, googly, arm ball, quicker ball. The guy is very hard to pick up and utilises the unpredictability to send some of the best international batsman packing.

Will be interested to see how effective he is in the longer form of the game but the signs are very good for him

Ajantha Mendis

what are people out there thinking of him? i think he's about to take the game by storm, an absolute freak.

Guru™;223583 said:
He is very hard to pick.

He is listed as an off-spinner but he also has a leggie, doosra, googly, arm ball, quicker ball. The guy is very hard to pick up and utilises the unpredictability to send some of the best international batsman packing.

Will be interested to see how effective he is in the longer form of the game but the signs are very good for him
I wouldn't be getting to excited lets just wait n see he might become one of the sub continent spinners that we say what ever happend too????? 1 good match doesn't make him a freak, its always easier decieving batsman with an old white ball under dodgey lights. Lets see him in the day time on a proper cricket wicket not them pile of dog sh*t wickets they play on in the sub continent

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;223717 said:
I wouldn't be getting to excited lets just wait n see he might become one of the sub continent spinners that we say what ever happend too????? 1 good match doesn't make him a freak, its always easier decieving batsman with an old white ball under dodgey lights. Lets see him in the day time on a proper cricket wicket not them pile of dog sh*t wickets they play on in the sub continent

Hardly a one match wonder

He has taken 1 4fa and 2 5fa's with his best being 6/13 from only 8 matches. He was rewarded with the Player of the Series for the recent Asia Cup. His first class average is an 14.54 with 111 wickets. Quality player and could be the next big spinner we see.

Early days, but he could be absolutely anything. As a Sri Lankan fan, it's pretty exciting to see a player with this kind of potential emerge.

I really hope he doesn't chuck it.

I can't wait to see him bowl, whenever Sri Lanka's next series on Aussie TV is.

Cricket innovates, through how the new players innovate, and hence play. Ajanta Mendis, is a spinner like no other, in the way he bowls spinners, because I see, that he innovates, when he bowls.

I've seen him bowl twice now and to be honest i wasn't that impressed.

Every time he gets hit for a boundry he seems to get scared and then bowl a really defensive delivery, usually a wide one.

Mendis has a long way to go from what i've seen to be an elite bowler but he does have alot of potential.

Back