Amazing Aus/india Fan Interactions In Adelaide

Nick Jungfer

I recently attended a one dayer between Australia and India at the Adelaide Oval and the atmosphere, crowd, and they fantastic way in which the Aussie and Indians fans interacted blew me away.

I wrote an article about this amazing experience. So not to clog up this post, I will post the start of it and then the link the rest of the article which is on a free sports fan site called The Roar.

I hope you enjoy it and hope my article about one of the true beauties of the glorious game of cricket isn't somehow perceived as spam.

And of course, please share your thoughts.

Racial slurs, violence at sporting events, opposing groups of fans having to be segregated by tall, steel fencing; we’ve heard it before. It’s dramatic and so media love it.
However, despite what the mainstream media would have you believe, this isn’t all that’s occurring in the stands at sporting events. There may even be hope for humanity after all.
On Sunday, I attended the One Day International between Australia and India at the Adelaide Oval. As I entered the ground and made my way towards my seat directly in front of that glorious old scoreboard I noticed the staggering number of Indian fans around the ground.
(whole article here)

Sounds like a great day and good onya. I have traveled in India and loved it but going to a cricket match was special.

Back