Announcement - Bigcricket Fantasy Cricket League

Ljp86

Staff member
Announcement - Bigcricket Fantasy Cricket League

As it stands, Jolldo has suddenly disappeared with any warning. No-one has heard from him via PM on here or e-mail for about two weeks which leaves us in a bit of a pickle as he runs the majority of the competition.

Jolldo has done an excellent job for us since this comp started and has combined well with Kshitiz to help run the competition. I am reluctant to take the admin duties away from Jolldo at this point but unfortunately we seem to have no choice as participation, posting and general interest seems to be on the wane as nothing has been happening.

After a discussion with the other mods and admin, I have decided that should Jolldo not show up before 11:59pm AEST (Standard time, not DST, 1:59pm GMT) then we will look for another person to help sim games. I should note that this role will be of a simming nature only for the present time, this person will only sim and post matches and will not be admin of the competition. They will be working in co-operation with Kshitiz who will act as sole admin until Jolldo returns or a more appropriate arrangement is reached (i.e simmer is promoted to admin or another admin is found).

The aim is to start playing matches towards the end of next week so hopefully we won’t have to wait too long before the recommencement of the competition.

That is the plan as it stands at the moment.

Re: Announcement - Bigcricket Fantasy Cricket League

Well done Kshitisz. great choice as admin.

Let's move forward from here asap ...thumbsup

It feels pretty lonely to be working without Jolldo tbh, he has just that aura of positive energy around him.

Nevertheless, I hope he's back and if he isn't, then it would be a new experience to work with new people, and a new task to preside over the competition alone - I'm anticipating it.

Kshitiz;338254 said:
It feels pretty lonely to be working without Jolldo tbh, he has just that aura of positive energy around him.

Nevertheless, I hope he's back and if he isn't, then it would be a new experience to work with new people, and a new task to preside over the competition alone - I'm anticipating it.

it wont be a new experiance putting the niarobi nuggets name on the premiership cup in the test arena........:rolleyes:

I dont really like this having to be done but i feel that it is the right choice otherwise negative things may happen if the comp goes onn too long like this.

Edge;338474 said:
I dont really like this having to be done but i feel that it is the right choice otherwise negative things may happen if the comp goes onn too long like this.

I like some negative things

NeonHotChick.jpg

Okay, Jolldo got back to me earlier today. Lack of access has been due to change of ISP and his new provider has not yet hooked them up.

Anyway, it looks likely that Jolldo won't be able to sim games anyway so we're on the look for a new simmer. Anyone that wants to help sim games is welcome to express their interest in this thread or via PM.

Hopefully we can find a simmer and the comp can get underway again next week.

Ljp86;339126 said:
Okay, Jolldo got back to me earlier today. Lack of access has been due to change of ISP and his new provider has not yet hooked them up.

Anyway, it looks likely that Jolldo won't be able to sim games anyway so we're on the look for a new simmer. Anyone that wants to help sim games is welcome to express their interest in this thread or via PM.

Hopefully we can find a simmer and the comp can get underway again next week.

I hope Jolldo doesn't sim a game again!!!!!

There are more important things to do with your time in year 12. His results must take priority.

Although Frodo is probably a better candidate than me I would be more than hapy to be the simmer for the time being.

Edge;339261 said:
Although Frodo is probably a better candidate than me I would be more than happy to be the simmer for the time being.

Go for it, mate. We need to get more involved.

Only thing is that you need to commit to it for the season, and it does take a bit of time.

This is great news, atleast we know he'll be back as comp. admin soon! :)

Frodo27;339273 said:
Go for it, mate. We need to get more involved.

Only thing is that you need to commit to it for the season, and it does take a bit of time.

If I do get to be simmer can I just let you know that I will be away for most of the 2 week holidays and a week before that.

Maybe you dont want me now ;)

Just a quick heads up, things are going through quickly and we should be back on very soon! :)

We'll also be starting up from Round 2 of OD's itself, just to make it clear. :)

Back