Announcement - Test Competition

Ljp86

Staff member
Announcement - Test Competition

Due to technical difficulties associated with the sim, it appears that we may have to cancel the remainder of the test season. This is something I nor anyone else wants to do but the problem with the sim seems to be a lot deeper than what was originally thought and is hampering our competition.

We've already fallen well behind and with people starting to lose interest, we really need to move forward and get the competition running again. At the moment, Kshitiz and Jolldo87 are trying to get the sim going but haven't had much luck. If the games aren't able to be simmed within the next 24 to 48 hours, then the test comp will have to be abandoned or at the very least, postponed until a later date. Postponing the comp will allow us the try and get the sim working again for the test format in the hope that the test can continue should we have that option available.

A final decision on the matter will be made in the next couple of days but it looks likely that the tests will have to take a back seat for now. For the time being, round eight one-day threads will go up in the next 24 hours and the one-day comp will continue as normal.

If anyone is willing to sim test matches, now is the time to speak up. A decision on the future test simmer will be made by BigCricket's administration or via public consensus. We've worked hard so far to get this thing going, let's not give it away now after all of our efforts.

Re: Announcement - Test Competition

and I am happy for frodo to have a crack at this.

I know he isnt from the circle of pimply young men who like being with each other but for a man of his age to cheat he must have nothing else to do in his life.

It really is sad really, I'm working really hard because somehow I managed to get it sim 2 entire matches and then it gave up. There must be something then, it means it isn't a random error.

Ok. Now I'm mad. I've tried around 6 times and everytime my method works. Whenever I clear all the stats, restart the sim and then sim a 5 day match, IT WORKS! Now why I'm mad is because it has something to do with the stats and I can't switch off the stats all together.

I guess this is kinda a bargain. If we can do without stats, we can still continue the competition. I hope. :)

EDIT - I will also be trying one last thing tomorrow. Instead of creating totally new teams, I'll try editing the current team files which work perfectly. Lets see if we have some success there... :)

Personally, i'm happy for you to sim the games without stats but this would mean the whole integrity of the competition would be in your hands.

What does everyone else think?

I'll try the same thing on mine and see how it goes.

D.K;277129 said:
and I am happy for frodo to have a crack at this.

I know he isnt from the circle of pimply young men who like being with each other but for a man of his age to cheat he must have nothing else to do in his life.

Why was it necessary to even mention that? A load of bloody crap.

It's not exactly a giant league. Why can't the stats be saved and added to a new sim. If that can't be done, scrap the current test series, get a new sim and start again.

Kshitiz;277567 said:
The problem is, even the new sim is not working. New as in a new copy.

Yep, i have the exact same problem.

Also running the sim from C: didn't work either.

I think there is something wrong in the team structures. Because when I sim with the default teams, I have no problem. When I sim with the custom teams of some other sites, no problem. But the moment I sim with BC's teams, that error. And one more thing, even editing the default ones makes it to crash. So I'm now guessing there might be some logical error in the sim.

P.S - Have you set atleast one player in the lineup as keeper?

Yes, both sides have keepers but it looks like we're making some sort of progress. :)

Do you guys know exactly what's wrong with the simulator? As what Fred suggested, coould we save the stats and then try a new sim or something?

Well when I tried my simming efforts I simmed with a whole new sim and newly entered teams. I still say its somewhere there in the team structures, the problem I mean. Because had it been a problem with created teams, it shouldn't have again come up when I edited the working ones.

Or I happen to shout when I see it simming fully sometimes after clearing all the stats. There seems to be no connection web forming!

Btw, Don't just scrap it already. I'm verrrrrrrrrrrrry close to solve the problem! :)

EDIT - Boy oh boy this is getting more and more interesting. I reentered all the teams from the one day simmer, tried to sim many matches, and have come to this conclusion as of yet.

The only team having problems in the sim atm is Western Wizards. I used the lineup they quoted in the Test Round 7 of their match. Now, all other three teams are having matches within themselves with absolutely no problems. The problem arises when I play WW.

They play their first innings fine. But here's the bummer, it always hangs when scottyD finishes his 2'nd over, his stats say 1.5 and the overall overs have gone to 3 for the innings, and then it hangs. I've tested with each and every team and 10 times, same result. I don't know what's going wrong in the WW lineup!

Double EDIT - lol. Sorry for this again but just noticed it happens with WWZ's bowling overall. Whether scottyD or someone else at 11 doesn't matter. Even a pure batsman at 11 can cause this problem.

And another thing. It only happens when I edit the WWZ's lineup according to their latest lineup. If I sim with the default lineup that was entered in the sim, it doesn't happen.

Would renaming the Western Wizards to something else help? Or changing their code?

You're doing well Kshitiz, i'm sure it's only a matter of time until the problem is solved. @|

With all due respect to the work being done......

I really think it would take me less than a day to get things going.

Back