Anyone Know Of Any Moves Or Signings For The 2011/12 Season???

If that's true, RIP Albion!

If true - shame, but signs have been there for atleast 2 years that they were in trouble.
Ironically since their last flag it's been nothing but downhill.

That's a shame, as for a long time fielded strong/competitive 1X1 sides, premiers in NTH A only 3 years ago.

If you don't keep working to keep ur club going 4 the future then time will eventually get u,
lessons for other clubs who are shortsighted!

Does anyone know of a club with more moves than Williamstown CYMS?

I can definitely confirm that Williamstown CYMS have been gutted by the below departures.

Danny Law & Syed Ali Hussain (both former First Class Players) have come to Keilor :) . These signings had absolutely nothing to do with Darrel.

Tarek Moughanie has left for 'Greener' pastures. wink wink

The 'rumour' is that CYMS were trying to short change them after implying certain amounts earlier.

Ian Blanchett (former County Cricketer) has been shown the door and has found a new door at Airport West.

David Alleyne (former Country Cricketer) did not 'fit' the fabric of the club and was not offered another season.

Andrew Walshe may not be able to bowl this season.

Andy Leetet has come out of retirement to be senior coach in D. Law's absence. With all those departures it may be easy to neglect the foreign signings coming over. Hopefully for their sake they can all bat, bowl and keep.

I'm sure that the above departures will merely give their 2nd teir players/kids opportunities.

As a young player at Keilor I am excited to learn about the above signings. We'll be back to Senior Division in no time.

Go Keilor!!!
Havent been on for a while but thought this post deserved a response. Let me clarify a few things for u.

CY'S were keen to keep danny in a playing role as he had indicated he no longer wanted to coach. Made him 2 offers, but after finding out what was on offer elsewhere even i told him he would be mad not to take it. He took it.
Ali was keen on a substantial rise on last season ( which i must say we probably got him cheap) but 239 at 23.9 doesnt get u loads up front at our club. He didnt want a performanced based deal.
T im told has left for "greener" pastures. Again was made an offer based on his performances in the last 3 yrs, but took i believe an exceptional/unbelievable offer and moved on. Mad if he didn't
Blanny was not "shown the door". He was made an offer based on last seasons performance and chose to take a substantial pay rise to move. Again, mad if he didn't
Dave Allayne was interviewed as a potential coach, so not fitting the "fabric" of the club as u have stated is a lie on your behalf, but his asking price and his telephone number may have been mixed up. Not sure where he has ended up but will be a good coach for someone.

As 4 your rumor cy's were trying to "short change" players nothing could be further from the truth. Each player was assessed on performance and contribution to the club over their 1-3 yrs and made offers. Some were offered more, some less. based on performance, not just numbers on big cricket. Their is a major difference. We have a budget, and need to work within these boundries. If your club or others think these players are worth up to 200% more than they were getting, good luck, maybe your right. As all these blokes see themselves as "pro/semi pro" cricketers, taking a better offer elsewhere is understandable. Clubs not paying more than they believe a player is worth is also understandable. Only their performances at seasons end will indicate if we were right or wrong

"Andrew Leetet" is the senior coach and will do an excellent job

Havent been on for a while but thought this post deserved a response. Let me clarify a few things for u.

CY'S were keen to keep danny in a playing role as he had indicated he no longer wanted to coach. Made him 2 offers, but after finding out what was on offer elsewhere even i told him he would be mad not to take it. He took it.
Ali was keen on a substantial rise on last season ( which i must say we probably got him cheap) but 239 at 23.9 doesnt get u loads up front at our club. He didnt want a performanced based deal.
T im told has left for "greener" pastures. Again was made an offer based on his performances in the last 3 yrs, but took i believe an exceptional/unbelievable offer and moved on. Mad if he didn't
Blanny was not "shown the door". He was made an offer based on last seasons performance and chose to take a substantial pay rise to move. Again, mad if he didn't
Dave Allayne was interviewed as a potential coach, so not fitting the "fabric" of the club as u have stated is a lie on your behalf, but his asking price and his telephone number may have been mixed up. Not sure where he has ended up but will be a good coach for someone.

As 4 your rumor cy's were trying to "short change" players nothing could be further from the truth. Each player was assessed on performance and contribution to the club over their 1-3 yrs and made offers. Some were offered more, some less. based on performance, not just numbers on big cricket. Their is a major difference. We have a budget, and need to work within these boundries. If your club or others think these players are worth up to 200% more than they were getting, good luck, maybe your right. As all these blokes see themselves as "pro/semi pro" cricketers, taking a better offer elsewhere is understandable. Clubs not paying more than they believe a player is worth is also understandable. Only their performances at seasons end will indicate if we were right or wrong

"Andrew Leetet" is the senior coach and will do an excellent job

Great post Jika Jika! A very honest summation.

I notice you've lost 4 first class players plus Tarek (whatever his highest level was). You've also lost 2 Englishmen. So you've lost 7 players, how are you covering these losses???

Great post Jika Jika! A very honest summation.

I notice you've lost 4 first class players plus Tarek (whatever his highest level was). You've also lost 2 Englishmen. So you've lost 7 players, how are you covering these losses???

Doesnt look good on paper does it. T played 1sts at carlton. Due to injuries, points and when we recruited some players we usually had 4 or 5 of these blokes in any one game. They certainatly didnt all play together, and maybe we had 1 game where 6 of them played. We will have a pom again who will bat at 3 or 4 and bowls pretty well, and it looks like we have picked up at least 3 new players. Obviously we had a bit of budget to recruit after our departures. We also have 1 or 2 kids that we have been developing that will get a chance, so not all doom and gloom. Dont think we' ll be world beaters next year, but we wernt last yr either.

Doesnt look good on paper does it. T played 1sts at carlton. Due to injuries, points and when we recruited some players we usually had 4 or 5 of these blokes in any one game. They certainatly didnt all play together, and maybe we had 1 game where 6 of them played. We will have a pom again who will bat at 3 or 4 and bowls pretty well, and it looks like we have picked up at least 3 new players. Obviously we had a bit of budget to recruit after our departures. We also have 1 or 2 kids that we have been developing that will get a chance, so not all doom and gloom. Dont think we' ll be world beaters next year, but we wernt last yr either.

Would the Pom be an ex Cy's player? Specifically which 3 new players did you pick up and which kids are you promoting... obviously the departures have left a pretty big void.

I guess clubs in general have to keep an eye on retention these days. The point system has allowed retained players to become more affordable 'points wise' every season; its really an extra bargaining tool that existing players have with clubs.

If you lose 7 players and then gain 3 plus an English import you're still down a net 3 players. Hopefully you have managed to retain players from the lower grades and can top up with some juniors. Sorry to sound naive, but do you guys have a junior program? I read on one of the other threads that some of the W&DCA clubs have struggled when they've had no junior program. Different competition I know, but I bring up that example because they are in your geographical area.

I'm sure that you guys will do ok next season.

Would the Pom be an ex Cy's player? Specifically which 3 new players did you pick up and which kids are you promoting... obviously the departures have left a pretty big void.

I guess clubs in general have to keep an eye on retention these days. The point system has allowed retained players to become more affordable 'points wise' every season; its really an extra bargaining tool that existing players have with clubs.

If you lose 7 players and then gain 3 plus an English import you're still down a net 3 players. Hopefully you have managed to retain players from the lower grades and can top up with some juniors. Sorry to sound naive, but do you guys have a junior program? I read on one of the other threads that some of the W&DCA clubs have struggled when they've had no junior program. Different competition I know, but I bring up that example because they are in your geographical area.

I'm sure that you guys will do ok next season.

I reckon u know more about cy's than your letting on bigfish/max but ill answer what i can. yes the pom has played with us before, 5 yrs ago as a 17 yr old who top scored in 2nd innings of GF. Our recruits ill keep to myself, we do have a junior program which restarted 5 yrs ago at u/11 age, so this year we will have 2 x u 15's as our top age juniors and 4 or 5 sides under that. Means we r still 2 or so yrs away from any 1st x1 players, but have a plan in progress to play some of these kids on turf this season in 2nds and 3rds.. Some players do have the extra bargaining tool now days that they r only a low no. of points, but i believe that shouldnt get u a payrise, u should earn it. Players can argue cash, clubs can argue loyalty. Both r right, both r wrong. I believe u pay blokes what u think they r worth, if someone else wants to give them 50-200% more than u can offer/afford, they r mad not to take it, but clubs r mad to try and compete with these increases if they cant afford them. As i think i said before we usually had 4 or 5 of our lost players in any one game last year, so we should only be on average 1 player down on last yr, if our recruits dont get injured like we unfortunately had last yr.

That's a huge loss for YC and the competition!

Is it confirmed?? Because a lot of ppl talk shit on Here. I messaged my mate who plays with bakes in the 1s at yc and he said he hadn't heard anything as yet so wouldn't take it too seriously just yet

I reckon u know more about cy's than your letting on bigfish/max but ill answer what i can. yes the pom has played with us before, 5 yrs ago as a 17 yr old who top scored in 2nd innings of GF. Our recruits ill keep to myself, we do have a junior program which restarted 5 yrs ago at u/11 age, so this year we will have 2 x u 15's as our top age juniors and 4 or 5 sides under that. Means we r still 2 or so yrs away from any 1st x1 players, but have a plan in progress to play some of these kids on turf this season in 2nds and 3rds.. Some players do have the extra bargaining tool now days that they r only a low no. of points, but i believe that shouldnt get u a payrise, u should earn it. Players can argue cash, clubs can argue loyalty. Both r right, both r wrong. I believe u pay blokes what u think they r worth, if someone else wants to give them 50-200% more than u can offer/afford, they r mad not to take it, but clubs r mad to try and compete with these increases if they cant afford them. As i think i said before we usually had 4 or 5 of our lost players in any one game last year, so we should only be on average 1 player down on last yr, if our recruits dont get injured like we unfortunately had last yr.

I (like you) have my sources. When you've played since the disco era its easy to know everyone. ;)

I agree with you Jika Jika. Clubs need to work within their means or they will become unviable. Not every club can afford to pay all their players a king's ransome (aka a Spoljaric ransome). The rise in the amount of paid players could be the death of many local clubs.

Is it confirmed?? Because a lot of ppl talk shit on Here. I messaged my mate who plays with bakes in the 1s at yc and he said he hadn't heard anything as yet so wouldn't take it too seriously just yet

Not good form to admit to having mates from YC! :p Just kidding!

I have not heard about it from their camp either, but nothing in life surprises me these days.

Back