Are Aussie fans the new ROWDY english soccer fans?!?!?!

tintinsingh

All the hullabaloo during the current VB series about the misbehaviour of the Aussie fans r giving australian cricket a bad name...first the aussie cricketers were considered unsportsmanlike and now it is the turn of the fans to earn a bad reputation for themselves.
It started in the VB series with South Africa complaining about racist comments from the fans and now Murali has flipped the "BIRDIE" to the "NO BALL" chanting spectators...things seem to be getting UGLIER by the day!

I think that the aussie spectators may end up getting the same bad reputation as English soccer fans....some countries have, in the past, refused entry to English soccer fans due to their hooliganism!

Atleast in Australia cricket is fast losing its name as a gentlemans game.....What do u guys think?

Personally, I think Australian sports fans, in general (stereotpying, here) are an arrogant bunch.

Indeed it will, though I think the English are stubborn enough to withstand any arrogance.
icon_wink.gif

already cricket australia cut the tickets to 20000 to english cricket fans for this ashes

This is one of the reasons I am hesitant about the WC going to Australia. South Africa faced racist taunts. Sri Lanka came in and experienced the same thing with that spectator painting his face black and insulting Murali. I don't want that to happen with India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc. either.

Well, I do hope the ICC take all that into consideration. Especially since its all been hyped up in the last few weeks/months.

Back