Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bowling All-rounder

• Batting All-rounder

• Total voters

jimmy33

Are you a batter or bowler??

I was just wondering what the majority of people on the site think of themselves in regards to batting and bowling. I would have to say I'm primarily a batsmen, but I took 10 wickets this season so I'd have to say batting all-rounder. Would be nice to hear your responses :D

Re: Are you a batter or bowler??

i would probably say batting all rounder aswell..... 1st drop batsmen 1st change bowler.... if im in form with the bat then batting all rounder if im in form with the ball then bowling all rounder and if im in form with both probably just touching into bowling all rounder..

Batting all-rounder too. In academy games I tend to open if we bat first, if we bowl first I open the bowling and are then saved for the end of the innings if we need someone to bat out the final overs to save a draw. I prefer batting, so I'd say i'm a batting all-rounder.

Well, started my career as a bowling all-rounder, but my recent promotion to the opening slot says something else. Don't know if I'll retain that opening position for too long though. :p Opening bowler and can bat anywhere from 1-7 per the team's requirement basically.

Bowler and always have been. I can hold an end up and bat higher up in lower level cricket but my true place is about 8/9/10 in the order.

nice to see so many all rounders here. im not one of them though. im a batsman. i dont take my bowling too seriously but enjoy bowling occasionally. earlier when i started playing cricket i tried to be a fast bowler but i always did well with the bat and enjoyed it more.

I was at odds here whether to go for bowler or "Other" as I reckon I'm an asset to my team in the field. Even though I'm an old bloke, I'm quite an agile fast old bloke and playing in Sunday 2nd XI's the teams made up of all the dregs of the better teams - so it is old blokes, over-weight blokes and young blokes who spend the rest of the week with their ears stuck to mobile phones while they drink liquid sugar and lay on their settees playing games like Grand Theft Auto or watching East Enders all day. So basically they have either a reluctance to run and chase a ball down or simply can't! Whereas me I'm well up for it and will dive and put my body in the way of the ball to stop singles etc. So it maybe I'm more effective as a fielder?

The other was meant to be if you can't actually play, but I didnt expect anyone to tick that box, but you never know...

And it is interesting to see how many allrounders there are, 7 out of 11 so far. I guess it helps to have multiple strings to your bow as they say

I am purely a batsman. I cant bowl fast and I cant spin the ball so I decided to give up on being a bowler. I never enjoyed bowling anyway.

jimmy33 said:
The other was meant to be if you can't actually play, but I didnt expect anyone to tick that box, but you never know...

Maybe I should have gone for other so!! I am a bowler really - but I haven't bowled in league games yet as I'm fairly new to the game. So currently more of a fielder than anything else.

Well I'd love to work on my leg spin but I never spend time on it. I enjoy my batting and take pride pride in it. Other than that I enjoy fielding too that is taking catches in slips. Chasing after the ball not so much.

Hmm..i'd like to say a bowling allrounder but overall probably more of a bowler. Like to think i'm a fairly good fielder aswell, i quite enjoy fielding especially slip/point etc. not so much on the boundary.

for me, well i do open and i used to open beccause i could play slow and get the singles but my bowling is what really makes me a crickter. im playing in a twenty twenty tournament in a month and im going to try and see if i can get some runs opening but if not, than ill stick to bowling and bat down the order.

In proper cricket (club) I open the bowling and bat 8, 9, 10. In school cricket I open the bowling and bat anywhere in the top 5. So I'm a bowler really. I've been told I'm going to bat around 6 for the club 2nds this year so if I play well we'll see. I think of myself as a bowler tbh.

Back