Australia vs England - The Ashes 2021/22

Richie

Staff member
It is almost that time again when bitterest cricket rivals Australia and England vye for the greatest prize in cricket.. a tiny wooden urn we call The Ashes.

Squads
Australia:
Pat Cummins (c), Steve Smith (vc), Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, Tim Paine, Jhye Richardson, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner.

England: Joe Root (c), James Anderson, Jonathan Bairstow, Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

First Test: December 8-12, The Gabba

Second Test: December 16-20, Adelaide Oval

Third Test: December 26-30, MCG

Fourth Test: January 5-9, SCG

Fifth Test: January 14-18, Perth Stadium

Baggers

Last edited:
It may be cancelled Richie because of covid travel restrictions 😱
It is set in stone Jess. The only thing that will stop it is this bloody repeat La Nina sweeping the Aussie Eastern Seaboard. There are already cyclones forming off the northern coast.

Probably have already asked you.. but do you like cricket. I'd enjoy your input here girl.

Last edited:
It's a big series for both sides in what looks to be a fairly even match-up squad wise. Tim Paine has taken a leave of absence so won't be playing, he'll either be replaced by Alex Carey or Josh Inglis behinds the stumps.

Another question of the Australian side will be the bowling attack, does Starc get first crack or will someone come into the team at his expense? There are also question marks surrounding the openers in terms of form and the middle order, specifically Travis Head. Selection for the team for the first test will be interesting that's for sure.

England also have their own issues with their batting order having problems as well. Root is a class player but needs help while it'll be interesting to see how England's bowling attack fare here with the decks not being as friendly as the ones they are used to back in the UK.

does Starc get first crack or will someone come into the team at his expense?
Hope not. I want Jhye Richardson to play in his place but Starc is a CA pet and has almost celebrity status alongside his cricketing wife.
No guesses who is the poster boy on their official Ashes squad poster.
Go to HowsSTAT and check out his mediocre Ashes record by grounds. I'd only have him playing the Adelaide pink ball Test. On the other hand Jhye has a fab Gabba record where the First Test will be played and he is in hot current form.

Last edited:
It is set in stone Jess. The only thing that will stop it is this bloody repeat La Nina sweeping the Aussie Eastern Seaboard. There are already cyclones forming off the northern coast.

Probably have already asked you.. but do you like cricket. I'd enjoy your input here girl.
I do like cricket, it's a good sport to watch. We used to play none-stop-cricket at school, it was fast paced and quite literally none stop 😆

Hope not. I want Jhye Richardson to play in his place but Starc is a CA pet and has almost celebrity status alongside his cricketing wife.
No guesses who is the poster boy on their official Ashes squad list.
Go to HowsSTAT and check out his mediocre Ashes record by grounds. I'd only have him playing the Adelaide pink ball Test. On the other hand Jhye has a fab Gabba record where the First Test will be played and he is in hot current form.

I agree Richardson would be a much better option given his form and his good record at the Gabba. Unfortunately, the selectors like a left arm option and Starc fits that bill although it will be interesting to see who they do go with in the first test but also after that, there is certainly scope for some changes in later tests pending form.

I agree Richardson would be a much better option given his form and his good record at the Gabba. Unfortunately, the selectors like a left arm option and Starc fits that bill although it will be interesting to see who they do go with in the first test but also after that, there is certainly scope for some changes in later tests pending form.
:thumbsu:

Carey locked in as our next national gloveman. A good choice as he has been understudy for past four years. Inglis will have to wait his turn. Make him our official white ball keeper.

I'm not surprised, Carey has been the heir apparent for some time now. He is out of form in the longer form of the game which may cause some concern but I imagine he will be given some time to establish himself in the side.

Inglis has been in good form in the last 18 months but that's about it in terms of his career, before that he struggled somewhat. I imagine he'll be next in line and has to keep up the runs to put pressure on Carey. He'll play in the Australia "A" vs England Lions match which also starts next week.

He is out of form in the longer form of the game
This season he has not hit his straps. But he has an excellent record over past two Shield seasons. So no concern over his contributions with the bat from #7. How he bats with the tail is an unknown tho. Paine excelled in this aspect imo.

CA has stuck like glue to Starc, Head and Harris for at least the first two Tests. "Starc is bowling the house down" is the present catch cry. Yeh in the nets or on practice wickets.. what about the actual game. He was pityful in last India series.. pityful in the last Shield season. Conversely his good mate Hazlewood has reached another level.. taking 93 wickets @20.7 across all formats past 18 months or so..

Last edited:
‘Get stuffed WA’: Proof state has lost the plot:

Aussie cricket fans have laughed off suggestions from Western Australia it should host the second Ashes Test in a swap with Adelaide despite the state’s tough border restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Aussie cricket fans have laughed off suggestions from Western Australia it should host the second Ashes Test in a swap with Adelaide despite the state’s tough border restrictions.

Welcome to the forum Sharkman and to the new Ashes thread.. call me Richie or Baggers.
Waiting for a response from TJ on this. He is from WA. Personally I am disappointed for the many fans that will miss watching and being enthralled by Test match cricket at the Perth Stadium.. imo the best new venue in world cricket.

Last edited:

Hope it lands in hobart

Welcome to the forum Sharkman and to the new Ashes thread.. call me Richie or Baggers.
Waiting for a response from TJ on this. He is from WA. Personally I am disappointed for the many fans that will miss watching and being enthralled by Test match cricket at what I regard as one of the great world cricket venues.
I've been on the forum since 2013 and ran a cricket group with a Kiwi bloke from here on Facebook several years ago.

I'll be on here more often now that I got rid of my social media accounts.

I've been on the forum for about 6 years and ran a cricket group with a Kiwi bloke from here on Facebook several years ago.

I'll be on here more often now that I got rid of my social media accounts.

Your mate hasn't been on here for a while.

Back