Aussie Spin Rookies

mas cambios

Aussie Spin Rookies

Who the blazes is Jason Krejza?

I know a little about Bryce McGain (has to be a very short term option) but the other guy is a mystery. You're also taking Peter Siddle and Doug Bollinger, both going for experience only I guess?

I think you'll miss Symonds but it's probably for the best that he's not playing, goo have been interesting though.

Re: Aussie Spin Rookies

Krejza is a Tasmanian offie. Aggresive, gives the ball flight but hasn't got the best State record. Picked for experience, I'm guessing. That and he is better than Beau Casson (not sure if that is a compliment)

Bryce McGain is the next Colin "Funky" Miller (I hope). Although less messed up in the head, eats the weirdest sandwiches.

Doug Bollinger was the leading wicket taker from last season. Left arm quick bowler, young and is promising.

Siddle is quite the same. His career has been marred by injury, but is still young, and picked up 30 odd wickets at 15 last season. Quick and swings the ball. If I got anything wrong Jonesy, feel free to correct me

Shame Symonds isn't playing, though as you said, probably for the best

What's the deal with Symonds? Not that he would receive a warm welcome in India :p, but why isn't he coming?

I think he fell out with the selectors when missing a compuldary team meeting in Bangladesh.

Bollinger is what late 20's? And sprays them a bit- bit like a poor mans Johnson (who is pretty crap too)..

Surely the signs are there.. this must be the weakest side we've sent to India since the late 60's..

Without Stuart Clarke I'd say that this is the worst attack I've seen for a decade.. led by a man (Lee) whose test record is worse than Andrew Caddicks

I'd say this one will be a nasty shock for Australia.. I'm tipping a loss in India and then a home win against SA and then a big loss in the Ashes..

It's about time too.. I turned away from the arrogance of the Australian cricket team since the late 90's- it will be nice to start going for them again once Ponting & Hayden are gone (with Symonds gone already hopefully we are already one step further along a nicer cricket future)..

Until then.. go the poms!!!;)

AB;30135 said:
What's the deal with Symonds? Not that he would receive a warm welcome in India :p, but why isn't he coming?

He's been asked to take counseling for missing the meeting that he wasn't told about.

Trumper. Yeah Lee has a bad career average. But look at the past year...

Siddle had an awesome year with the ball in domestic cricket, had one of the lowest bowling averages. Not sure if he'd be up to test standards though. I thought Siddle was on Victoria's rookie list a few years back but I'm probably thinking of someone else.

McGain looks awesome. Definitely should get a spot in the first test team.

Clarke can handle himself well with the ball, so it's not too much worry bowling wise with Symonds out.

CA will send their review team to check the security arrangements.
I am sure the tour will be "ON".
Coming back to the spinners their records are not that impressive but the pitches & weather conditions in india will help their spin bowling.
So they can work on it and the exprience of currently playing for "A" side in India will help as well.

Jonesy;265525 said:
He's been asked to take counseling for missing the meeting that he wasn't told about.

Trumper. Yeah Lee has a bad career average. But look at the past year...

Siddle had an awesome year with the ball in domestic cricket, had one of the lowest bowling averages. Not sure if he'd be up to test standards though. I thought Siddle was on Victoria's rookie list a few years back but I'm probably thinking of someone else.

McGain looks awesome. Definitely should get a spot in the first test team.

Clarke can handle himself well with the ball, so it's not too much worry bowling wise with Symonds out.

That he wasn't told about or that he conveniently forgot? I'm a big fan of Symonds but don't believe for a minute that he was the only player not told about the meeting.

From what I've heard he was out fishing and they scheduled to meeting while he was out there, and for some reason there was no way he could be contacted/could of got back in time.

It's a rumour I heard but it's probably not true seeing that he was punished.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he left for fishing early in the morning, having decided to miss a non-compulsory training session. Whilst he was out a meeting was called and he couldn't get back in time. So its not like he intentionally missed it, he just couldn't be contacted

Back