aussies winning streak

G

gillyrulz

aussies winning streak

will the aussies beat there famous test winning streak of 16

they are currently on 12 with a 2 test series against zimbabwe coming up in june should boost us to 14

but our only concern is against sri lanka in november

any thoughts

Re: aussies winning streak

Yes, Sri Lanka will not be a concern. If Australia can tear them a new one over there, I can't see why not at home. Clark is settled into McGrath's spot and Johnson/Tait will come in as third seamer. Sri Lanka's main problem is and has always been pace, something Australia has aplenty. They didn't lose to New Zealand but they weren't exactly overly impressive, and if you can't beat the Kiwis , you aint gonna beat Australia.

It was reported that Zimbabwe won't play tests again until November. They'll only play ODI's for the first 10 months of the year.

cleazer;127344 said:
It was reported that Zimbabwe won't play tests again until November. They'll only play ODI's for the first 10 months of the year.

Anyone know if the Zimbabwe team will be competing in this year's world cup?

Langarne;126956 said:
Yes, Sri Lanka will not be a concern. If Australia can tear them a new one over there, I can't see why not at home. Clark is settled into McGrath's spot and Johnson/Tait will come in as third seamer. Sri Lanka's main problem is and has always been pace, something Australia has aplenty. They didn't lose to New Zealand but they weren't exactly overly impressive, and if you can't beat the Kiwis , you aint gonna beat Australia.
Somehow I don't think Clark will be McGrath's replacement. I reckon it will be Mitch Johnson.

pidgeon fan;127548 said:
Somehow I don't think Clark will be McGrath's replacement. I reckon it will be Mitch Johnson.
Stu Clark is currently the best pace bowler (on form) if not the best bowler in the world at the moment.

SouthSwans;127555 said:
Stu Clark is currently the best pace bowler (on form) if not the best bowler in the world at the moment.

Yeah but he won't be pidge's replacement. That will surely go to Mitch Johnson

pidgeon fan;127547 said:
Anyone know if the Zimbabwe team will be competing in this year's world cup?
Yep, they'll be in the World Cup. I'm looking forward to their match against Ireland.

so will the zimbo tour be replaced with another team or will aus just miss out on 2 tests

My guess is that they'll still go to Zimbabwe but they'll only play the ODI's. (Just a guess though, I don't think we've heard any definitive answers about this.) South Africa is scheduled to tour Zimbabwe right afterwards for another 3 ODI's (and 2 cancelled tests), so perhaps Australia and South Africa can get together for a short ODI series, or perhaps they can make it a tri-series in Zimbabwe.

And no, I don't think it's a coincidence that Zimbabwe declared that they'll be magically ready to play tests against West Indies in November, but not before then for their series with Australia and South Africa. They know they'll get trounced by the Windies in November anyway, but they probably figured there just wasn't any point in playing tests against the likes of Ponting and Pollock. Those tests could have been something far worse than a trouncing. Those could have seen the visiting teams declaring at 400-0 at tea on day one and then picking up all 20 of Zimbabwe's wickets in the final 2 hour session.

pidgeon fan;127558 said:
Yeah but he won't be pidge's replacement. That will surely go to Mitch Johnson
On what basis???? An average of over 32 in domestic cricket??? Of which btw, half of his games are played on the most pace favouring wicket in the world.

SouthSwans;127723 said:
On what basis???? An average of over 32 in domestic cricket??? Of which btw, half of his games are played on the most pace favouring wicket in the world.
No it is because he doesn't get many wickets. He's a bit wayward.
He's already in the team. Pidge wants somebody younger to replace him. So I am picking Mitch Johnson.

SouthSwans;127723 said:

What he's saying is that clark's made his own position in the team and now with the loss of McGrath, Mitchell Johnson fill the gap. In other words, the pace attack would be Lee, clark and Johnson.

pidgeon fan;128116 said:
No it is because he doesn't get many wickets. He's a bit wayward.
He's already in the team. Pidge wants somebody younger to replace him. So I am picking Mitch Johnson.
You are digging yourself into a hole.

If you want to go into the Tait vs. Johnson debate then by all means start it up.

trescothick101;128909 said:
Tait vs Johnson vs Hilfenhaus!!!!!!!!!!
vs. Clark lol.

Johnson should be at the bottom of that lot. Throw Bracken in there and you have four up-and-coming seamers better than Johnson. Add Lee and McGrath and you have six seamers suited better than Johnson. Add the factor that you need a spinner in pretty much any country away from Australia - and sometimes in Australia - (MacGill) and you have seven bowlers better than Johnson. Add the factor that the Australian selectors want a seaming allrounder (Watson or Symonds) and you have eight reasons why Johnson should not be in the test team.

SouthSwans;129940 said:
vs. Clark lol.

Johnson should be at the bottom of that lot. Throw Bracken in there and you have four up-and-coming seamers better than Johnson. Add Lee and McGrath and you have six seamers suited better than Johnson. Add the factor that you need a spinner in pretty much any country away from Australia - and sometimes in Australia - (MacGill) and you have seven bowlers better than Johnson. Add the factor that the Australian selectors want a seaming allrounder (Watson or Symonds) and you have eight reasons why Johnson should not be in the test team.

Was Micheal Clarke the 6th best batsmen in Australia when he debuted against India ? No, he wasn't. He was an unproven talent. So is Johnsen. So is Tait. So is Hilfenhaus (At international Level) Johnsen ATM should not be in the team as we have more experianced options, but should get there soon as he is the love child of the australian selectors.

Johnson has shown in his past five ODI's he has what it takes and deserves his spot.

Who else should play ahead of him?

Back