Australia In India

That was a good win by India. They forced the issue, Australia capitulated.

Yep whitewash now with India 4 - 0 in the series, much deserved too. Australia just dont seem to be bringing anything to the table and India are simply pushing them to which Australia dont do anything.

A most appalling series for Australia and for cricket. The Australian team need to go away and get their heads in the right place (ie: with the team not the self), the selectors need to pick a team and stick with it, as we see Lyon has finished the best spinner by far showing that he was not properly prepared for the tour by the coaching staff. There is also the issue of the, to put it diplomatically, Indias inability to prepare a pitch properly. This will continue to plauge world cricket with only the odd team (such as the recent England team) able to find a way to win.

AS for the Ashes, me thinks the ACB will deeply regret the back to back series they are about to have. Barring a miracle on current form New Zealand would give us a cricket lesson. No team unity no leadership = poor performance.

It was a very bad series, it also showed that we're still no good against spin and we have a lot of underlying issues which were perhaps smoothed over during the recent home series win against Sri Lanka and the good efforts against South Africa.

nairbe said:
AS for the Ashes, me thinks the ACB will deeply regret the back to back series they are about to have. Barring a miracle on current form New Zealand would give us a cricket lesson. No team unity no leadership = poor performance.

England weren't that great against New Zealand either so that gives us some sort of hope. I do agree we will be going into the series up against it though.

It was a very bad series, it also showed that we're still no good against spin and we have a lot of underlying issues which were perhaps smoothed over during the recent home series win against Sri Lanka and the good efforts against South Africa.

England weren't that great against New Zealand either so that gives us some sort of hope. I do agree we will be going into the series up against it though.

Your right, we werent that hot against the Kiwis and too be fair the overall series score flattered us...I think its going to be interesting to see who actually turns up for the Ashes and plays.

Your right, we werent that hot against the Kiwis and too be fair the overall series score flattered us...I think its going to be interesting to see who actually turns up for the Ashes and plays.

I'd still rather be England than Australia in the Ashes at the moment. :p

Come on England simply thought they would take a holiday after all the hard work they put in in India. They will be ready for Australia and don't fool yourselves on current performances we will be lucky to win a single test. Clarke is not a captains toe jam and it will be deeply confirmed as we get a pounding from the poms that the team is more fractured than the labor party.

What's wrong with Clarke as Captain?

I said from the start that this bloke was a Kim Hughes figure. A talented bat who has now reached his best, not even to far off with his basic strategy, but he totally lacks the things that are needed. Clearly he has little respect around the dressing room, his inclusion as a selector has proven to be a tragic disaster and i see no way for him to recover the respect that is required to lead.
He got rid of Katich when at the top because he was a decenter, Hussey clearly had no incentive to continue, the primadonna Watson has no respect for him and that is spilling out publicly. Ask yourself? how has your game and the team gone when the captain has no respect from the team? always ordinary when i was playing.
I maintain that we have the players to succeed and most are in the team, we lack leadership and commitment but who would commit to someone that they have no respect for?

Come on England simply thought they would take a holiday after all the hard work they put in in India. They will be ready for Australia and don't fool yourselves on current performances we will be lucky to win a single test. Clarke is not a captains toe jam and it will be deeply confirmed as we get a pounding from the poms that the team is more fractured than the labor party.

I agree Australian cricket looks a little in limbo at the moment with the selectors and the captain not seeming to have a clue....India proved this...but I still think they will achieve better than you think in the Ashes. Its a pride thing the Aussies have against us poms :)

I said from the start that this bloke was a Kim Hughes figure. A talented bat who has now reached his best, not even to far off with his basic strategy, but he totally lacks the things that are needed. Clearly he has little respect around the dressing room, his inclusion as a selector has proven to be a tragic disaster and i see no way for him to recover the respect that is required to lead.
He got rid of Katich when at the top because he was a decenter, Hussey clearly had no incentive to continue, the primadonna Watson has no respect for him and that is spilling out publicly. Ask yourself? how has your game and the team gone when the captain has no respect from the team? always ordinary when i was playing.
I maintain that we have the players to succeed and most are in the team, we lack leadership and commitment but who would commit to someone that they have no respect for?

I think you're being a little over the top. Clarke is a reasonable captain (better than Ponting) and is doing the best he can with a group of players who are good but nowhere near as good as the McGrath/Kasprowicz/Gillespie/Warne era. Australia has been so far in front for so long that most of us have forgotten what it's like to be in a good fierce contest to be the best team in the world or to be fighting for 2nd/3rd/4th such as our form has been so good for so long and the brilliant generation of players we had.

I agree that the Katich situation was regrettable and that Clarke shouldn't be a selector but that other points are drawing very long bows. Hussey has simply had enough and Watson can be a tool at times, his form probably doesn't warrant being in the team anyway.

Back