Australia in India

Re: Australia in India

SweetLincolnsMullet;280148 said:
yeh im telling you. Haddin isnt up for test match cricket.

He's had a bad series but i think he'll come good against New Zealand.

Regardless, he's the best we've got.

Australia are 6/177 from 38 overs, you'd think it would be beyond them now. When Hayden was dismissed, Australia's hopes went with him. The dismissals of Katich and Ponting will also come under question, Katich played an uncessecary shot and Ponting ran himself out.

The Aussies still need 205 from 54 overs so victory is still possible but appears very unlikely to happen. Had they only lost three or four wickets to this point, we have had a game on here.

All up to Watson and White now. This match really becomes a one-day fixture from here on in.

Edit: Spoke too soon, Watson out caught behind to Harbhajan for nine, 7/178.

Krejza was stumped off the bowling of Mishra trying to go for a big slog down to long-on and Lee was caught at bad pad after an unsure poke off Harbhajan.

9/205 now, White on 25 and Johnson on six. 177 needed from 43 overs with one wicket in hand.

All over. Johnson shoulders arms to a ball that turned into him and struck him on the pad. Replays suggest that it would have missed off stump but it doesn't really matter as Johnson is given out for 11. White remains not out on 26 and India win by 173 runs and the series 2-0.

That wicket of Johnson gives Harbhajan his fourth wicket of the innings. Mishra finished with three, Sharma got two and then there was the run out of Ponting which was also done by Mishra.

India now hold the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Man of the Match was Jason Krejza for his 12 wicket haul on debut.

Man of the Series was Ishant Sharma for his 15 wickets in the series.

And that is all she wrote for this series. Neither side gets much of a rest with India now hosting England for seven ODI's and two tests starting on the 14th. Australia head home for an exhibition games against the ACA All-Stars also on the 14th before New Zealand fly across the Tasman for a short test tour and then some one-dayers.

Congrats to India.

Ponting decison making in this test has been appalling, both on the field and with the bat.

Come home safely boys and take it out on the Kiwis.

Shattered Hayden didnt score a ton.

So when is the heat going to be turned onto the selection panel for not picking Krejza earlier in the series ?
He has almost walked out of this series as the leading wicket taker, although he is leaky wasn't the Shane Warne philosophy on bowling all about being contempt after being hit for 6 over his head twice in a row to claim the wicket straight after,
something along those lines anyway.

all will be revealed in the coming days. stay tuned as I believe we may witness some major changes to our highly glorified team.

That 12 wicket haul from Krejza was amazing, Sharma gets man of the series for 15 wickets in the whole series, Krezja played one match and gets 12, amazing stuff there.

And also I dont really blame the selection comittee for originally putting Whitey in instead of Krejza. Krejza was hammered in the practice match, and having a good bastman who can bowl a bit is always handy. But after the first test, that was poor form from the selection panel.

Best Australian players and most surprising this series:

Well the most consistent with the bat would have to be Katich or Hussey, and Most surprising definitely goes to Krejza, although I believe Watson has surprised many.

From India Gambhir or Sharma would have been the best two, with Mishra doing well with the ball also.

Overall a very awakening series.

Also do people believe Ricky Ponting will come under scrutiny, mainly because of his poor form with the bat, highlighted by the captaining issues?

schwab2clarkson;280303 said:
The fellas are on their way back to Australia.

Who's going to watch the allstar 20/20 game?

Where is it being played?

I feel that with a bit of luck at the coin toss the series could have been very different. Anyway that didn't happen so credit must go to Inida for winning the series.

Jolldo87;280316 said:
I feel that with a bit of luck at the coin toss the series could have been very different. Anyway that didn't happen so credit must go to Inida for winning the series.

Im glad someone mentioned the toss ... its hard enough to win in India as it is but becomes twice as hard when you bat second in every game on there decks , you are playing catchup from ball one .

I also think people are getting a little carried away with a series loss to India in India , our record there has never been good even at our peak . At least give some of the guys are chance . Haddin struggled but we need to give him a solid 2-3 series to see if he can cut it at test level .... remember it took Steve Waugh 4 years of test cricket to make his first 100 .

Reality is that we were outplayed everywhere , India's pace attack outbowled us , as with there spinners ( no suprise ) and there top order consistently made more runs then ours did . 2-0 result was a fair indictation of where the two sides were at .

At the end of the day, while we didn't play at our best, we were beaten by the team that played better cricket.:(
Congrats to India and well played. Go you good thing Krejza.:)

Back