Australia in India

Re: Australia in India

Krejza!!! What a gun, why didn't they play him from the start??

Great debut, probably went for too many runs but eight wickets nonetheless is a damn good effort and has got Australia back into the match somewhat.

Australia are 1/52 in reply just after tea, Hayden ran himself out for 16. Ponting on 11 and Katich on 23. There's 37 overs left today.

Big Man said:
8 wickets in 1 innings.

Brett Lee has 7 wickets in 7 innings.

Then there's White's five in seven. ;)

I originally didn't see what had happened because we had a large gust of wind that knocked the power out so I missed it.
Saw the replay though and thought was dumb by Haydos.

Harbhajan bowls Ponting for 24.

2/75 now, Katich on 32 and Hussey on 1.

Run rate is good - just a bit worrying that there are two wickets down already - really need to make it to close of play without losing any more. And Krejza ... wow!

On Nelson now - though I don't think that means anything to Aussies, does it?

Stumps on Day 2. Australia batted very well and finish the day at 2/189. Simon Katich is on 92 and Mike Hussey is 45 not out. Both batters played very well and faced the spinners without too many troubles. Mishra, Sehwag and Harbhajan tried everything but just couldn' break though.

Katich is particular is looking very good, was very attacking early on but mellowed towards the end of the day. He has probably been one of Australia's best batters on tour, very consistent in reaching 50 but has failed to go on with it from there. This is his chance to make a big score and cement his spot in the side for the upcoming Australian summer.

The game is very much in the balance at this point. This pitch is expected to detrioriate but Australia will be looking to press on tomorrow and try and bat for all of day three. If they can do that, they should have a lead of about 50 runs or so by stumps. The pressure is still on them though, they need to win to retain the trophy and this pitch won't get any easier to play on.

Day 3 is going to be a very interesting one.

Great stuff from Katich and Hussey so far.

Hopefully we can get through the first session tomorrow 2 or 3 down and push on from there.

I hope Katich goes on with it tomorrow.

Would hurt like hell to get out in the 90's after that excellent performance today.

Hussey, solid as a rock.

i believe that a great player like Heyden diserves a little more respect than to poot him against th wall after a bad series

Australia managed just over 20 runs in the first hour but didn't lose a wicket.

India used the 8-1 field and just bowled everything wide outside off.

Well done to Katich on getting a ton, he needs to make it a big one now.

Hussey run out for 90, thought he had beat silly point but was very surprised when he saw he indeed hadnt.

265/5

Back