Australia vs England - The Ashes 2021/22

That is the tall guy similar elevation to our Cameron Green.
Better than his 5 @37 in Australia in '19/20. I was more impressed by Shah. Just reading that he will just turn 19 years before we arrive in March.. Is that correct given he played here over two years ago.

I think shaheen is in early 20s now

think ozzies will suffer from them and yasir
We have handled Yasir on our soil. He took only 8 wickets against SAfrica. Dont think that worries us too much. Your paceman Hasan Ali was the leading bowler not a spinner.

Our recent extreme weather co-incides with the rise in climate change/global warming Jess. Australia has always had dry spells and wet weather spells but nothing like what we have had over ..say the past five years. Two years ago we had our worst ever wildfires with a third of my large state scorched. and last year close to our most severe flooding. Already had a repeat this year with many rural towns under water.
Were experiencing climate change here too Richie, we had a mild spell over Christmas yet it should've been minus temps, also heard the wild birds singing early morning too during December which is unusual as they are usually quiet until beginning of spring.

oh my mistake yasir is in his 30s. he is a leg spinner
We are the wrong wavelength friend. The paceman Shah. Is not yet 19 years of age. Yet he was here two years ago. That'd have made him still not 17 and playing Test cricket.. incredible if true.

Last edited:
We can expect another greentop at Bellerive for the pinkie test this Friday says the curator.
the surface we prepared will be similar to Sheffield Shield pitches that have provided some of the competition's leanest batting returns.
In other words a belter for the bowlers. Will be even worse for the bats come dusk. I can see small early innings scores, before, as the curator said, it flattens out into a good contest pitch.

We can expect another greentop at Bellerive for the pinkie test this Friday says the curator.
the surface we prepared will be similar to Sheffield Shield pitches that have provided some of the competition's leanest batting returns.
In other words a belter for the bowlers. Will be even worse for the bats come dusk. I can see small early innings scores, before, as the curator said, it flattens out into a good contest pitch.

Least Harris won’t get runs 😂

Least Harris won’t get runs 😂
If he plays. Or do you still have Head playing and the twin century man sitting it out. Dodemaide.. A Vicco talking up fellow Vicco Harris over his 76 on his home track. Yes a top knock..but what has he done since and before. The guy is not Test class so when will Bailey and Langer grasp that point.

If he plays. Or do you still have Head playing and the twin century man sitting it out. Dodemaide.. A Vicco talking up fellow Vicco Harris over his 70 at Adelaide. Yes a top knock..but what has he done since and before. He has just 3 fifties in 26 Test innings. The guy is not Test class so when will Bailey and Langer grasp that point.

I fully expect Khawaja not to play I can see it a mile away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully expect Khawaja not to play I can see it a mile away.
Only because of this weird obsession CA has with some players..Harris and Head being two. It is a no brainer to play a bloke coming off twin centuries. To not will be seen as a madness act by the selectors and CA will cop masses of flack . Something they will not want.

edit: some posts on Baggy Green thread awaiting comments.

Only because of this weird obsession CA has with some players..Harris and Head being two. It is a no brainer to play a bloke coming off twin centuries. To not will be seen as a madness act by the selectors and CA will cop masses of flack . Something they will not want.

edit: some posts on Baggy Green thread awaiting comments.

Na is still ply ahead he did make a ton too this series. The easy call is dropping Harris it’s one they won’t make

CA and many fans and even past players loved Head's ton as it was seen as white ball like backs to the wall stuff.. almost a super human feat similar to Stokes's Headingley knock. Na, nothing more than backing their white ball experience and knowing when to attack tiring bowlers. I rate Stokes dig superior as Head had everything going for him.. the track was becoming easier to bat on.. two Pom bowlers were off the field and Leach was bowling flat no breaks. The perfect recipe to take the bit between the teeth.

Last edited:
We are the wrong wavelength friend. The paceman Shah. Is not yet 19 years of age. Yet he was here two years ago. That'd have made him still not 17 and playing Test cricket.. incredible if true.

Oh a thousand apologies kind friend. You were referring to Naseem.

He has not played much test if any since the tour to australia. he is still only 18 so will be back soon. Pakistan have very good fast bowlers stocks curremt.

What's a pinkie test Richie?
I'm learning a lot about cricket as I'm reading loads of posts. 🤗

Back