Australian Junior Indoor Cricket Championships 2011

The junior nationals start in under two weeks.
Quuensland are always strong at every carnival, are there any states that can knock them off?

Western Australia will be very strong overall, they have some very good players and some handy ones to support as well. New South Wales generally do fairly well also and ACT will be up there too.

Queensland are always the team to beat though, they are just that well drilled and have some outstanding players. Will be a good tournament.

ACT are generally strong in the 18's, they usually make the finals most years.

I played against WA's 16's last night in a practice game and they are really, really good, much better than what I expected. If they play to their potential they will win, got some very, very good players in there.

ACT are generally strong in the 18's, they usually make the finals most years.

I played against WA's 16's last night in a practice game and they are really, really good, much better than what I expected. If they play to their potential they will win, got some very, very good players in there.

The ACT did not field a side in 18's last year so it will be interesting how they go.
WA are a massive chance in the 16's, have some good kids. Not sure if Taylor is in the team but he is a jet.
WA 14's did not lose a game last year so I assume a few of those guys have stepped up to the 16's.
Selections:
18 Girls: QLD,NSW,WA,VIC.
18 Boys: NSW,QLD,VIC,NTH QLD.
16 BOYS: QLD,WA,NSW,NTH QLD.
14 BOYS: WA,QLD,VIC,NTH QLD.
12 BOYS: QLD,VIC,NSW,NTH QLD

Lenny

The ACT did not field a side in 18's last year so it will be interesting how they go.
WA are a massive chance in the 16's, have some good kids. Not sure if Taylor is in the team but he is a jet.
WA 14's did not lose a game last year so I assume a few of those guys have stepped up to the 16's.
Selections:

Lenny

Taylor is playing, kid is an absolute gun. Will be a freak when he hits 18/19, same with Morgan.

WA should do well in the 18 Girls and the 16 Boys. 14 Boys and 18 Boys they should do okay and the 12's we have no team. I think that should be changed for next year.

WA had an okay tournament I thought, won the 14's which was very good but lost the 16's which they should have won. The 16's had only lost one skin for the entire tournament with a couple of games to skin in the qualifying rounds at one point. Girls did well to make the GF but Queensland are just too good so they were on a hiding to nothing unfortunately. Queensland not making the GF in the 18 Boys was a major surprise.

Opens will be interesting in a few weeks time over here. Hoping to go watch a couple of nights during the tournament.

WA had an okay tournament I thought, won the 14's which was very good but lost the 16's which they should have won. The 16's had only lost one skin for the entire tournament with a couple of games to skin in the qualifying rounds at one point. Girls did well to make the GF but Queensland are just too good so they were on a hiding to nothing unfortunately. Queensland not making the GF in the 18 Boys was a major surprise.

Opens will be interesting in a few weeks time over here. Hoping to go watch a couple of nights during the tournament.

Qld were to good in 16's GF, there batting was to good and WA never looked like winning.

The 14's on the other hand I believe had the best players for the age group. Keys,Hinchcliff and Lynn I thought were the standouts. Keys is going to be a serious player, brilliant keeper and a gun batsman.

Lenny

[

Selections:

Lenny[/quote]

4 out of 5, not bad tipping.

Im tipping a big upset in the opens.

Watched Victoria train at knox on the last day of the Juniors and boy did they look good. MaCdougall was smashing everything into the top corner and looked in great touch. The bowling looked good as well with Bird and Rose bowling wheels. Liked the look of the keeper as well, only a young bloke but had good hands.
Big upset with the Vics to take it out.

Lenny

Western Australia won the Open Mens by five runs. With one ball remaining, WA lead by four runs with the final ball also being a third ball.The batsman on strike, Leach, inside edged the final delivery past his stumps into the leg-side corner with the non-striker diving to make his ground. He made it and WA made it two out of the last three having gone down in the preliminary final to North Queensland last year.

In the other grades Queensland defeated Victoria in the Ladies, Queensland smashed South Australia in the LT's and Victoria accounted for Western Australia quite comfortably in the 21's.

The Ladies and Mens teams will head to South Africa later in the year for the World Cup. Hoping it will be on FoxSports again like it was in 2009.

Back