Australians In Ipl

Gideon's Hay

I'm stunned at how many Australian's are in the IPL, playing and coaching.

I counted 45 or so? Big money for them. No wonder our team is suffering.

Something to be welcomed, IMO. The national cricket boards have been monopoly employers for far too long.

I don't doubt that many cricketers would happily give two fingers to their cricket board and would elect to play in the IPL instead. Why sign a contract and agree to make yourself available for a team that might not call on you at all for two years? Especially one that might just drop you straight after you score a century or get 5 wickets in an innings.

I will be interested to see how this season goes. The interest and popularity seems to ease a bit each year. Wondering when the new ideas will start to beef it back up.

Interest isn't wavering in India and that's the only place that matters as regards the real money making. The competition as a whole was running in the red ahead of schedule from what I read about the last one.

There is a lot of Aussies there but a lot more put themselves up for the auction but were not picked up.

Shaun Marsh is doing what he does in the Big Bash in the Indian comp. Over his entire IPL career he has the insane average of 58!!! and a sr of 142. Very fine BB figures as well.

Can't get a gig for Aus though. ****ing selectors.

Shaun Marsh is doing what he does in the Big Bash in the Indian comp. Over his entire IPL career he has the insane average of 58!!! and a sr of 142. Very fine BB figures as well.

Can't get a gig for Aus though. ****ing selectors.

Good onya Shaun, but the truth is i'm bored. When does the next test series start i want some real cricket.

Mitchell Marsh got MOTM with a fourfer against Deccan. Could have got five if he'd held a very tough c&b chance.

Bloody hilarious.

Both the Marsh brothers dominated their respective games. Good to see for WA cricket.

Terribly dependent upon Shaun Marsh and Chris Gayle when either of them aren't injured. North isn't much use nor is Voges.

Mitch Marsh has only played something like 2 BB games over his entire Warriors career. But he might start making a difference for them if he gets the chance. He's now got 2 4 fers in about 10 matches. Remarkable really.

I'm starting to wonder if he's not going to be a 'lucky' player. It's a bit early to tell but he's skippered the U19 to a World Cup winning trophy already in his short career with them. Luck is enormous. Ian Botham and Adam Gilchrist built careers around that and I'm not denigrating their talent at all by saying that.

I'm just following Napoleon's idea of 'give me lucky generals.'

Back