B & C Grade 2013/2014

Last season

Anthony McFarland Blackburn South 119 runs @ 10.82 and 4 wickets @ 42.50
Brett Millane Keon Park 129 runs @ 16.13 and 1 wicket @ 54.00

Wow! Mill Park is securing some top talent from other comps. How can they possibly afford them!

If guys are getting 'big $$$' off the back of those sorts of seasons... I need a new manager!

If guys are getting 'big $$$' off the back of those sorts of seasons... I need a new manager!

A true reflection of McFarland's ability is 2010/2011 season when he was Captain of the team that got promoted to the Macintosh Shield ( Same standard as Barclay ) 325 Runs Average of 40.63.
Season 2009/2010 ( Money Shield Standard ) he made 439 runs @ 33.7
Without going into too much detail his subsequent seasons are below par due to personal reasons i will not disclose.
I am pretty confident that going to a new club is the best thing for him to do , way too classy for B grade and would easily be a top 20 bat if not top 10 bat in Barclay.
Put it this way he has represented the BHRDCA rep team in the last 4 years even with his form slump , thats how highly they rated him in the BHRDCA

Very lucky pick up for Mill Park considering the grade they play in

A true reflection of McFarland's ability is 2010/2011 season when he was Captain of the team that got promoted to the Macintosh Shield ( Same standard as Barclay ) 325 Runs Average of 40.63.
Season 2009/2010 ( Money Shield Standard ) he made 439 runs @ 33.7
Without going into too much detail his subsequent seasons are below par due to personal reasons i will not disclose.
I am pretty confident that going to a new club is the best thing for him to do , way too classy for B grade and would easily be a top 20 bat if not top 10 bat in Barclay.
Put it this way he has represented the BHRDCA rep team in the last 4 years even with his form slump , thats how highly they rated him in the BHRDCA

Very lucky pick up for Mill Park considering the grade they play in

This is a huge pick up for Mill Park. MaFarland and Groom into the already strong Mill Park team. They are definitely the team to beat. I don't think that the other 3 first XI teams would have nearly as much depth as Mill Park. Should be a walk in the park for them. (and i do realize that they lost to seconds side in last years grand final when it was supposed to be a walk in the park for them, so i don't think they will make that same mistake again).

McFarland will be a very good bat in B Grade - but to say he is a Top 20, even Top 10 bat in Barclay is just ridiculous. As for playing Rep Cricket in the BHRDCA - sometimes you get a game if you are available !

From what i hear, PH have the same side as last year, and Motchall is feeling great. Wittlesea, have an import (i have not had this confirmed btw) , with no other additions or losses. Mill Park, is looking stronger as they have recruited well. Apparently Groom is going accross to Mill Park for a car. (not sure if this is just a rumour or not). Thomastown United have lost 4 players from there 1st XI and have gained none. Nathan Brown and Nick Tsmiklas spotted at St Morong training. and 3 others have left due to friction at the club. So it looks like PH, Whittlsea and Mill park have either consolidated or improved, while TU have gone backward. Could TU miss out on the top four? I know they have Davoine and Premakura who are very good cricketers, and will do very well in the B grade, but what of their batsman?

From what i hear, PH have the same side as last year, and Motchall is feeling great. Wittlesea, have an import (i have not had this confirmed btw) , with no other additions or losses. Mill Park, is looking stronger as they have recruited well. Apparently Groom is going accross to Mill Park for a car. (not sure if this is just a rumour or not). Thomastown United have lost 4 players from there 1st XI and have gained none. Nathan Brown and Nick Tsmiklas spotted at St Morong training. and 3 others have left due to friction at the club. So it looks like PH, Whittlsea and Mill park have either consolidated or improved, while TU have gone backward. Could TU miss out on the top four? I know they have Davoine and Premakura who are very good cricketers, and will do very well in the B grade, but what of their batsman?

Didn't believe they had any.

get on millane from mill park to make a lot of runs this yr!!!

Seen Millane play some of his cricket down at Keon Park. His ability is certainly there. From what I've been told, he rates himself very highly as a cricketer. Now we all do not like them blokes in the diamond valley and we hope that because he talks himself up a lot, that he lets his performance do the talking

Seen Millane play some of his cricket down at Keon Park. His ability is certainly there. From what I've been told, he rates himself very highly as a cricketer. Now we all do not like them blokes in the diamond valley and we hope that because he talks himself up a lot, that he lets his performance do the talking

Considering the depth of batting Mill Park already has, adding Millane is another great pick up. Mill Park are the team to beat. It looks like a race for second place at the moment.

Considering the depth of batting Mill Park already has, adding Millane is another great pick up. Mill Park are the team to beat. It looks like a race for second place at the moment.

Where do they bat down to exactly? List some names other than Millane and McFarlane that will score over 350 runs for the year? Without Andrews, the side looks scratchy in my eyes.

Sticking with my post earlier that Panton Hill are the team to beat. But let's hope that MP do win it after when happened last year

Where do they bat down to exactly? List some names other than Millane and McFarlane that will score over 350 runs for the year? Without Andrews, the side looks scratchy in my eyes.

Sticking with my post earlier that Panton Hill are the team to beat. But let's hope that MP do win it after when happened last year
They have lost 1 bat and picked 3 surely those 3 cover the loss of 1.

ok. here are some names besides Millane and Mcfarlane.
Virtue 442 runs at 34
Maclaughlin 357 at 32
Culpin 297 @37
peterson 230 @32

Add to this list , stewart, Mills and stoneham, who all average araound 20 to compliment the Mill Park batsman, and I think you have the makings of a very good side who bat deep.

Please explain, if you wouldnt mind, what makes Panton Hill the team to beat.?

Motschall

Motschall is a gun player, no doubt. Any club from Barclay down would love to have him. But i am not sure if even a man of his talents can do it on his own, even in the B grade. One man vs eleven in the semi's and Grand Final? Can be done, sure, he is a great player, Is it likely? I doubt it. Stranger things have happened in cricket though. Good luck to Panton Hill and Mots though, he is a loyal person to stay with his club in troubled times. I wish them best.

Motschall is a gun player, no doubt. Any club from Barclay down would love to have him. But i am not sure if even a man of his talents can do it on his own, even in the B grade. One man vs eleven in the semi's and Grand Final? Can be done, sure, he is a great player, Is it likely? I doubt it. Stranger things have happened in cricket though. Good luck to Panton Hill and Mots though, he is a loyal person to stay with his club in troubled times. I wish them best.

Don't know what all the hype is about Mill Park. They had their chance last year to win and blew it. Definitely going to be harder this year with three money sides coming down. Yes it seems like they have topped up on the playing stocks, but it ain't going to be a cakewalk!!!.

ok. here are some names besides Millane and Mcfarlane.
Virtue 442 runs at 34
Maclaughlin 357 at 32
Culpin 297 @37
peterson 230 @32

Add to this list , stewart, Mills and stoneham, who all average araound 20 to compliment the Mill Park batsman, and I think you have the makings of a very good side who bat deep.

Add in Groom's 318 @ 29 in Money, It looks good but completely agree with PIETHROWER ain't gonna be easy.

Add in Groom's 318 @ 29 in Money, It looks good but completely agree with PIETHROWER ain't gonna be easy.

I watched the B Grade grand final last year and what I saw was a team that couldn't handle pressure. They pumped everyone all season, batsmen racked up easy runs, but when it came time to make over 200 they couldn't do it.

For all the talk of Mill Park's stats from last season, not one batsman made a fifty in the grand final, and only 2 batsman made it to 30.

Mill Park could win every game of the year, each batsman could make 400 runs, but if they had to chase over 200 again, I would bet my house on them cracking under the pressure.

I watched the B Grade grand final last year and what I saw was a team that couldn't handle pressure. They pumped everyone all season, batsmen racked up easy runs, but when it came time to make over 200 they couldn't do it.

For all the talk of Mill Park's stats from last season, not one batsman made a fifty in the grand final, and only 2 batsman made it to 30.

Mill Park could win every game of the year, each batsman could make 400 runs, but if they had to chase over 200 again, I would bet my house on them cracking under the pressure.

As a bystander at the B Grade grand final last year, I watched the weather conditions suit N.E.W batting and bowling innings a lot more. Not to take away the fact that North Eltham played extremely well, Mill Park had an off day.

If you checked previous Grand Final results, not many teams batting second scored over 200 runs (btw, MP made over 200 so your comment is false)

Wasn't their batting that cost them in the GF, it was bowling with a cake of soap.

Back