back pain

gundalf7

back pain

unfortunately i'm suffering from a fair bit of pain in my lower back at the moment, it first happened after doing some bowling but not bowling this week at all and its got alot worse. I'm already taking some anti-inflamatories, are there any exercises I can try or something else I can do.

Re: back pain

Were you pace bowling or was this your normal leg spin?

Can you be more specific with the location eg close to spine/inch to left/right side etc

When did this first occur?

What other activities have you been doing?

Any other information you can give me will help. :)

yeah it was doing the leg spin so it may have been doing the rotation of the action.

The pain itself is right on the spine probablly about an inch either side with slightly more pain on the right side at the level just above the waist and the middle of my back is really stiff.

It first occured about a month ago and I though it was stiffness at first but the pain has gradually got worse appreciablly so during the last week which strangely i've barely bowled in. Over the last week i've barely done that much exercise just everyday lifting, walking and most of the time spent working on a computer all week.

Anything else?

gundalf7;342025 said:
small boxes of stuff- upto 10kg

If this is what you do regularly, this may be your problem rather than your bowling. The bowling may have just brought the weak link to your notice.

Consider how you lift:

Are you bending your knees and lifting through your heels?
Are you keeping your back straight or are you flexing your spine?
Are you lifting straight or are you rotating?
Whilst carrying, are you supporting your spine?

That sort of thing :)

k, thanks liz, I was gonna see the doctor towards the end of the weeks but the anti inflamatories seemed to have helped loads as its feeling much better

Back