Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Maybe the BCA should start using the mycricket system instead of cricket stats online. It seems like a much easier system to use. Anyone from out of ballarat can easily view scores that they cant on cricket stats because they need a password to access

Well down to four teams, time of the year that everyone plays for......

Cant see East beating Wendouree especially on the back of there last couple of performances. Mounties to probably beat B/redan.

Interesting year, Brown Hill touted as a strong final contender at the start of the year with the red caps, yet had a disastrous time after Xmas.
and what a shame that Point were so close yet so far..........;)

Thoughts for the finals? Anyway think it can be something other than Wendouree vs Mt.Clear final????

I would think that due to the weather we have had the chance of fully preparing the turf wickets is slim. I reckon there is a fair probability that the four matches on turf this weekend may be decided by the toss of the coin??

That scenario makes it a far more difficult task to tip winners in the firsts and seconds.

However having said that I would imagine Wendouree will stop the trend of fourth beating first in the semi and subsequently that Mt Clear and Wendouree will still play off for the big one.

Let's hope that weather plays no further part in determining results this weekend.

SteveB;391805 said:
I would think that due to the weather we have had the chance of fully preparing the turf wickets is slim. I reckon there is a fair probability that the four matches on turf this weekend may be decided by the toss of the coin??

That scenario makes it a far more difficult task to tip winners in the firsts and seconds.

However having said that I would imagine Wendouree will stop the trend of fourth beating first in the semi and subsequently that Mt Clear and Wendouree will still play off for the big one.

Let's hope that weather plays no further part in determining results this weekend.
City Oval Wicket way off going by the look of it last night.

SteveB;391805 said:
Dunno ... might be a bit in them on Saturday and no doubt that they'll get better as the weekend rolls on.

Wonder how many captains will win the toss and bowl ?
Or will they be courageous and back their team's batting ?

Wonder if the Eastern Oval wicket has recovered from the "ice-olated showers" last weekend ?

SteveB;391844 said:
Razza,

Apparently no ice at all just some silly (moronic) individual went and removed a number of pegs from the covers and the subsequent wind and foul weather did the rest...

Steve.

Yeah someone pulled the pegs out of a corner on the pitch. Not sure who did it, very suspicious though. Obviously it wasn't any of our boys, the pitch needed so much drying before 1pm, why would we risk being washed out when the only chance of making finals was to win?

Nicho, we going to see you again at footy training tonight checking the pitch??? Anyone would think your nervous!!!!

moe syzlak;392031 said:
Yeah someone pulled the pegs out of a corner on the pitch. Not sure who did it, very suspicious though. Obviously it wasn't any of our boys, the pitch needed so much drying before 1pm, why would we risk being washed out when the only chance of making finals was to win?
Needless to say, no advantage to Golden Point, unless someone in-house (lower grade or whatever) did not want the 1s to make it for some wacked-out reason.

Purely scuttlebutt ... but I'm told that a cricket club held a function on Friday night at Ballarat Bowling Club ... anyone know which club ?

Dean Waugh;392042 said:
Nicho, we going to see you again at footy training tonight checking the pitch??? Anyone would think your nervous!!!!

Just heard it was under water mate. Thought I would see to what extent. Good numbers for the Redan boys. $1.01 favourites this year.

the_don88;392082 said:
Just heard it was under water mate. Thought I would see to what extent. Good numbers for the Redan boys. $1.01 favourites this year.
Na it's not under water but after tonight i'll make sure the boys know to run over it in there footy boots!!!

Good luck on w/e, still reckon BRCC will beat you though. L.Brown massive ton!

Dean Waugh;392091 said:
Na it's not under water but after tonight i'll make sure the boys know to run over it in there footy boots!!!

Good luck on w/e, still reckon BRCC will beat you though. L.Brown massive ton!

On the money Deano (except the Brown ton bit though)

Mt.Clear losing 2 semi-finals in a row going in as favourites...........

Dropped Catch;393168 said:
It would take a brave person to tip against Wendouree one would have thought????
Wendouree bats slighty ahead and bowling very even for both sides. BRCC guns need to fire as Pyke, Johnno, Skinner always do in the big games. I'll go the upset though, BRCC to win just.

Dropped Catch;393168 said:
It would take a brave person to tip against Wendouree one would have thought????

wow. At least that is the impression the BCA website gives. Good to see the fine money is going to a good cause. The Bendigo and Geelong Cricket Association's must consider us a laughing stock. I know I am not on my own here but consider the spleen now vented...

Also does anyone else out there think that more should be done for the lower grades? No paper coverage at all, nothing at all mentioned on the BCA website (but then again then there is nothing about the ones on there either). I know the ones are obviously the priority, any other 2s and 3s players out there with an opinion?

club 2nds hack;393224 said:
wow. At least that is the impression the BCA website gives. Good to see the fine money is going to a good cause. The Bendigo and Geelong Cricket Association's must consider us a laughing stock. I know I am not on my own here but consider the spleen now vented...

Also does anyone else out there think that more should be done for the lower grades? No paper coverage at all, nothing at all mentioned on the BCA website (but then again then there is nothing about the ones on there either). I know the ones are obviously the priority, any other 2s and 3s players out there with an opinion?

For finals, I think there should be a small write up at least for the 2s. I played in one of the best games of cricket in the 2nds on the weekend (nth v point), but no coverage from the courier, as you would expect.

moe syzlak;393306 said:
For finals, I think there should be a small write up at least for the 2s. I played in one of the best games of cricket in the 2nds on the weekend (nth v point), but no coverage from the courier, as you would expect.

It truly was a great game, and a shame really that there had to be a loser.

moe syzlak;393306 said:

I would have thought that they would given a bit of a write up for the Bernie Davey Medal also. The district cricket surely isn't that bad that no one cares about it?????

Well done to Spong & Johnno last night.

Who'd they end up getting to be guest speaker or did Don fill the role???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back