Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

ok gents getting nearer to the start of the season about time we created some topic for disscusion how about we post our predicted ladders, most, runs, most wickets, big improver, headline you will see and headline you won't see.

LADDERBrown Hill
Wendouree
Mt Clear
Golden Point

Naps Sebas
Darley
East Ballarat
Ballarat Redan
North Ballarat
Coronet City

RUNS: M.Goonan(Mt Clear)
WICKETS: E.Jonhnson(wend)
BIG IMPROVER: Golden Point
HEADLINE YOU WILL SEE: Wendouree win club championship again
HEADLINE YOU WON'T SEE: Coronet or North win 2 in a row

I like the look of that discussion. I'll have a crack:

RUNS: J. Knowles (Brown Hill - the youngens always come back and make runs when they get off the plane from the Old Dart. It made Potsy.)
WICKETS: P. Moore (who knows)
BIG IMPROVER: Golden Point
HEADLINE YOU WILL SEE: Turf cricket set back to late November
HEADLINE YOU WON'T SEE: Pyke shaves head

RUNS: Pykey, will make most in one hit though, Tipping him to make 386 against Mounties
WICKETS: Cape - Will bowl leggies this season and get 54 wickets!
BIG IMPROVER: Paul Whites Keeping
HEADLINE YOU WILL SEE: Ryan Knowles tops 120kgs
HEADLINE YOU WON'T SEE: Steve Nicholson to captain Mt Clear!

20 / 20 Champs - Brown Hill!

RUNS: Skinner (with Nicholson a close second).
WICKETS: Thompson (with Nicholson a close second).
BIG IMPROVER: Sam Mcvitty (seems to be getting a load off more regularly and will be lighter on his feet).
HEADLINE YOU WILL SEE: 1. Knowles takes bite out of cricket ball mistaking it for Pie. 2. Giblett finally gets over 20 in last game.
HEADLINE YOU WON'T SEE: Yates goes back to back for Cleary.

Dean Waugh;363319 said:
RUNS: Pykey, will make most in one hit though, Tipping him to make 386 against Mounties

Believe it or not but Spong Goonan is unavailable for first game. May well be stripped of VC before first game.

the_don88;363495 said:
RUNS: Skinner (with Nicholson a close second).
WICKETS: Thompson (with Nicholson a close second).
BIG IMPROVER: Sam Mcvitty (seems to be getting a load off more regularly and will be lighter on his feet).
HEADLINE YOU WILL SEE: 1. Knowles takes bite out of cricket ball mistaking it for Pie. 2. Giblett finally gets over 20 in last game.
HEADLINE YOU WON'T SEE: Yates goes back to back for Cleary.

Get ya own material Nicho!

thickedge;363007 said:
ok gents getting nearer to the start of the season about time we created some topic for disscusion how about we post our predicted ladders, most, runs, most wickets, big improver, headline you will see and headline you won't see.

LADDERBrown Hill
Wendouree
Mt Clear
Golden Point

Naps Sebas
Darley
East Ballarat
Ballarat Redan
North Ballarat
Coronet City

[

Mt Clear
Wendouree
Brown Hill
North Ballarat

Golden Point
East Ballarat
Naps/Sebas
Darley
Ballarat/Redan
Coronet City

B]RUNS:[/B] Heath Pyke
WICKETS: Tom Geddes
BIG IMPROVER: North Ballarat
HEADLINE YOU WILL SEE: Darley ask for consolilation trophy for finishing in the bottom 3 for the past 5 years
HEADLINE YOU WON'T SEE: Ballarat Country Week team make final for third straight year

Mt Clear
Wendouree
Brown Hill
North Ballarat

Golden Point
East Ballarat
Naps/Sebas
Darley
Ballarat/Redan
Coronet City

B]RUNS:[/B] Heath Pyke
WICKETS: Tom Geddes
BIG IMPROVER: North Ballarat
HEADLINE YOU WILL SEE: Darley ask for consolilation trophy for finishing in the bottom 3 for the past 5 years
HEADLINE YOU WON'T SEE: Ballarat Country Week team make final for third straight year[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying these predictions, having my boys down the bottom sits very well with me. No pressure, no expectation, no respect.
Inclusions - Matt Hoey, Jarrod Allan, David Sproules, myself back into the fray along with a few other prospects. I would like to think we'd be better than 8th or 9th, but only time will tell.

RUNS - J White, he's allright
WKTS - M Hoey, in tandem with A Johnson could be a dangerous spin combo
IMPVR - Point, top 3 minimum
Will See - Nicholson faulters at first hurdle
Won't See - Darley heads ladder after Round 6

Only 4 weeks to go boys, can't wait to travel down to Darley round 1 to get the rubbish out of the way first up!

Dean Waugh;363319 said:

The left arm chinamen are coming out a treat gibbo. And you dont have to run in as far to bowl them.

Good luck against the lakers this week.

Any practice matches coming up for any of the clubs? Any time in the middle in match like scenarios is gold this time of the year.

the_don88;365316 said:
Any practice matches coming up for any of the clubs? Any time in the middle in match like scenarios is gold this time of the year.

We had an intra-club game last week, good hit out actually. Gave us a look at some new boys, and some old ones too of course. Did have a practice match lined up with Brown Hill this week but that has fallen flatter than a Stevie Nicholson zooter! Not that I was playing in it myself but a few of the boys are a bit disappointed.

the_don88;365316 said:

i just flogged the shit out of bangladesh on the play station. next stop, coronet city!!!!:D

Waka05;365406 said:
We had an intra-club game last week, good hit out actually. Gave us a look at some new boys, and some old ones too of course. Did have a practice match lined up with Brown Hill this week but that has fallen flatter than a Stevie Nicholson zooter! Not that I was playing in it myself but a few of the boys are a bit disappointed.

There was already a pre-season game booked for Sunday before the annual BHCC/BRCC game was planned, that's why that didnt go ahead as usual.

The last few I think have been held after the AFL GF, but for whatever reason was changed, which has clashed with another match that cant be changed

cobber14;365445 said:
i just flogged the shit out of bangladesh on the play station. next stop, coronet city!!!!:D

Cant argue with that logic, been doing much the same myself, but vary the games with Ireland, Zimbabwe, and of course England ;)

no camping;365481 said:
There was already a pre-season game booked for Sunday before the annual BHCC/BRCC game was planned, that's why that didnt go ahead as usual.

The last few I think have been held after the AFL GF, but for whatever reason was changed, which has clashed with another match that cant be changed

I think the reason we brought it forward was because we have a fitness assessment planned for the morning of GF so we didn't want to fill the weekend totally with cricket. I think we'll certainly see who is serious about having a good crack this year for us by attendees. I won't be there, have to attend a wedding in Bendigo. Yes, that's right, a F%#$ing wedding on Grand Final day!

Waka05;365807 said:
I won't be there, have to attend a wedding in Bendigo. Yes, that's right, a F%#$ing wedding on Grand Final day!

That groom is WHIPPED!!! bloody wedding on GF day cmon, will he be walked down the aisle on a leash haha

HitnGiggle;365907 said:
That groom is WHIPPED!!! bloody wedding on GF day cmon, will he be walked down the aisle on a leash haha

That would not surprise me. The bride/mole is a St. Kilda supporter too so if Geelong get up I'll be singing the Cats song all night at the top of my voice while p*ssed as a fart just to p*ss her off!

Waka05;365977 said:
That would not surprise me. The bride/mole is a St. Kilda supporter too so if Geelong get up I'll be singing the Cats song all night at the top of my voice while p*ssed as a fart just to p*ss her off!

have a jumper/scarf/facepaint handy as well then :)

Nicho, Honda signed! Probably the biggest signing since Leigh Thompson for BRCC!

Also, have you got blakey back for whole season this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back