Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

RazzaTheRooster;379798 said:
1) Is an absent player counted as a wicket lost for percentage purposes ?

Yes is definitely counted as a wicket lost, if the side is bowled out, but not if the innings is declared or compulsory closed before the missing player had to bat.

2) If both books don't add up, or the batting, bowling and/or runs don't add up, it is universally accepted that the bowling is right and you make the batting and/or runs match the bowling. In most cases this is within a single figure of runs and adjustment is not that difficult. In very rare cases this changes the result of the game. What happens though when the batting and bowling have a differential of, say for example :eek: 24 ? Can the bowling be assumed to be correct when there is a gap this big ?

MCC rules 3.15 state that consultation between scorers and the umpires on doubtful points is essential. There is nothing stated about using the bowling to establish if the score is correct or otherwise. In fact rule 21.8 states that Any decision as to the correctness of the scores shall be the responsibility of the umpires.

If no umpires are appointed then I guess Captains must agree.

Finally the MCC rules state that... 21.10. Result not to be changed.
Once the umpires have agreed with the scorers the correctness of the scores at the conclusion of the match - see Laws 3.15 (Correctness of scores) and 4.2 (Correctness of scores) - the result cannot thereafter be changed.

Hope that answers your questions...

SteveB said:
RazzaTheRooster said:
1) Is an absent player counted as a wicket lost for percentage purposes ?

Yes is definitely counted as a wicket lost, if the side is bowled out, but not if the innings is declared or compulsory closed before the missing player had to bat.
So if a side with only 8 batsmen present on the 2nd day were smart, they would declare at the fall of the 7th wicket, therefore conceding defeat (but saving percentage) ?

RazzaTheRooster;379852 said:
So if a side with only 8 batsmen present on the 2nd day were smart, they would declare at the fall of the 7th wicket, therefore conceding defeat (but saving percentage) ?

Not sure if you can actually declare absent in the second innings of a match, maybe yes the first, but not the second. Fair to say dissapointing to see a side with only 8 and also then bowled out for 38 off 24 overs !!

SteveB rediculous to see you and Murray not in the 1's this week - common sense clearly out the window...

Waka05;379373 said:
Apology accepted, and I will pass on to the boys who don't read this fine combination of dribble and sometimes amusing forum that you blokes were just misunderstood and we sha'll pit all responsibility on the usual abusive, abrasive and mostly a prick Draff! (just kidding Draff)
yes apologies for that waka our behaviour may have gone over the top a bit. however i was hearing all week from gez and al how i was going to get punished and im sure u guys had a bit of a giggle when u saw gez hobble his way off the ground. i know al and i did

A Draffin;379875 said:
yes apologies for that waka our behaviour may have gone over the top a bit. however i was hearing all week from gez and al how i was going to get punished and im sure u guys had a bit of a giggle when u saw gez hobble his way off the ground. i know al and i did

It's all good mate, we're over it. Gez and Al were telling me how they thought you looked like a retarded spider when you bowled, I'm glad I got to see it. That must be Hammers influence on you?! ;)

Haha yes well i guess that begs the question what's more embarassing? Bowling like a retarded spider or allowing a retarded spider like myself to make runs and even hit a maximum? I would suggest it's the latter...

A Draffin;379986 said:
Haha yes well i guess that begs the question what's more embarassing? Bowling like a retarded spider or allowing a retarded spider like myself to make runs and even hit a maximum? I would suggest it's the latter...

Definitely the latter mate. You and Droopy did well to belt the crap out of us at the end. It effectively killed any slim chance of us chasing down 150 in 20 overs.

Draff's gonna tell the grand-kids about the day he hit a maximum at St Pats 1.

According to Draff:

-The wicket was doing everything - coughcoughroadcoughcough

- We were playing the fence for the boundary - none of this "line" rubbish

- It was hit off a gun off-spinner - former cleary medallist indeed !

- The ball turning was turning a foot and don't get me started on the bounce !

Bit of fun...........Wanna get other guys thoughts on who they think is crucial to other teams. No necessarily guys who are the best player in the team, or may even be considered BCA representative material, but just have an X-Factor if you like or can Unnoticeably (or noticeably for that matter) change a game here goes;

Wendouree - E.Johnson, I know, I started with a proven performer and exceptional player but his ability to blast teams out is outstanding.

Brown Hill - S.Giblett - doesnt quite have the polish as a Hyden or Knowles, but when he hits them, they stay hit!

Mt.Clear - L.Blake - clearly from his performance on the weekend!

East Ballarat - R.Ryan - Wraps on him are supposed to be pretty big?

Ballarat/redan - R.Petersen - exceptional gloveman, can turn a match with an awesome stumping or catch at the stumps.

Golden Point - P.Appleton - dont know to much about the Pointies, but seems to have had a fair impact upon returning!

Naps/Sebs - J.Branch - picks up handy wickets and handy lower order bat.

North ballarat - D.Hopkinson - Proven all-rounder, one on the best getting around

Darley - P.Moore - Only when his tail is up, can be like E.Johnson.

Coronet - Um, struggle here, but lets go P.Gannon.

Happy to be laughed at as I only watch from a distance, but others thoughts would be interesting.

Steve Nicholson - Mt Clear. Hasn't shown his best yet. Could have something to do with not getting the nod for the captaincy. Capable of anything on his day and should be ready to explode back on to the scene.

Liquor & Poker;380623 said:
Steve Nicholson - Mt Clear. Hasn't shown his best yet. Could have something to do with not getting the nod for the captaincy. Capable of anything on his day and should be ready to explode back on to the scene.

ha is this your second profile nico? mt clears best player by far is matt goonan, prob comes close to the best bat if not already in the comp.

Great question Jedi. A couple of suggestions. Hate to say it but Brown Hill seem to perform when Simon Lockyer goes well. At Naps Brendan Thompson is one of the toughest cricketers locally and can influence a game a couple of ways. Wheels at Coronet is in the same vein. At my Mounties Nicho has all the strings to the bow but my pick is the big fella, watch Rhett Ovens to have a big second half of the season.

I've never seen such clean BIG hitting from a local cricketer as I saw from Sam Giblett at the Eastern Oval last night. Thommo and Ash Ringin are no slouches and he put them WAY back over the fence. Great to watch. Three consecutive sixes off Danny Carroll full tosses were very enjoyable also.

Liquor & Poker;380623 said:
I agree, proven finals performer!

Yes Sven, was unbelievable wasn't it? Hit the ball so cleanly it felt like every ball he faced was about to clear the fence. One off Ash Ringin would've landed in the next postcode had it not been caught in the leaves of the huge tree near the grandstand. Well batted, Gibba.

Swardsy if you still alive from your famous no ball incident, i think we might put that into the 'oh **** it' category among **** ups like Alan Donald forgetting to run or Point losin 5 for 10 in a granny to lose it. Please tell me what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back