Ballarat Cricket Association 2010/11

Ballarat Cricket Association 2010/11

Why is there 2 draws out for 8 & 10 team comp?

I understand coronet would be one, is Darley the other or is it Mt.Clear finally off to Geelong league!

Re: Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Dean Waugh;403069 said:

I understand coronet would be one, is Darley the other or is it Mt.Clear finally off to Geelong league!

I believe that you will find most of the district comps play with 8 teams.

Dean Waugh;403069 said:

Rumor has it Coronet and Darley on the outer.......

Re: Ballarat Cricket Association 2010/11

With the season fast approaching lets get the rumour file running...

Hoppy, Cations, Wright, Crouch boys not playing at North. Time to mark them down as another club starting to see through Huntly's BS!!

Darley and Coronet in for 10/11

Darley to play home games at St Pats as theirs unavailable

New coach makes some campers unhappy at Redan and looking to go bush

whats the go with all those north boys not playing?
heard burns is returning back to north

well considering one is most likely heading down to melbourne to play and the other is concentrating on football id say its a reasonable post

thickedge;404586 said:
well considering one is most likely heading down to melbourne to play and the other is concentrating on football id say its a reasonable post
Losing anyone from the premiers thick edge?

Dean Waugh;403069 said:

Rumor has it Coronet and Darley on the outer.......

Looks to be only Matt Skinner at this stage due to retirement. Picked up a quality bat in recent weeks and are looking at adding another hopefully in the next fortnight. What about movements at the bulls dean?

thickedge;404671 said:
Looks to be only Matt Skinner at this stage due to retirement. Picked up a quality bat in recent weeks and are looking at adding another hopefully in the next fortnight. What about movements at the bulls dean?

What brand did ya pick up?

Bulls movements, looks like Knowlesy will coach again after a few unsuccessful attempts with some candidates.

A couple of uni kids from footy club are set to join, Hydens brother & Buchanon from mornington. Think J.Knowles might stay now if a few of the recruits ryan has been onto come on board.

Pretty much just trying to get our T20 side stacked as we have no interest in 2 day comp!!!!

D.Ellis returning?

With the season fast approaching lets get the rumour file running...

Hoppy, Cations, Wright, Crouch boys not playing at North. Time to mark them down as another club starting to see through Huntly's BS!!

Darley and Coronet in for 10/11

Darley to play home games at St Pats as theirs unavailable

New coach makes some campers unhappy at Redan and looking to go bush

very intesting, umm a new adidas one. yeah will be an interesting T20 this year. from discussions with him before he left he will be returning yes.

whats the go with all those north boys not playing?
heard burns is returning back to north

Dean Waugh;404673 said:

Bulls movements, looks like Knowlesy will coach again after a few unsuccessful attempts with some candidates.

A couple of uni kids from footy club are set to join, Hydens brother & Buchanon from mornington. Think J.Knowles might stay now if a few of the recruits ryan has been onto come on board.

Pretty much just trying to get our T20 side stacked as we have no interest in 2 day comp!!!!

D.Ellis returning?

Brown Hill have also re-signed David Keighrey who will be returning to the club and have also picked up ‘Jock’ Kennedy.......Both have signed the dotted line apparently......

I hear Don Jacobsson now has a 50% pay rise on what he was on originally.

What does he do that benefits the clubs in Ballarat to justify this increase I wonder? Maybe it's for the extra hours of counting the fine money, or finding ways to fleece the clubs out of coin each year.

thickedge;404586 said:
Losing anyone from the premiers thick edge?

no camping;405149 said:
I hear Don Jacobsson now has a 50% pay rise on what he was on originally.

What does he do that benefits the clubs in Ballarat to justify this increase I wonder? Maybe it's for the extra hours of counting the fine money, or finding ways to fleece the clubs out of coin each year.
To quote Ron at the BCA AGM - "$20K for a 30 hour a week job during the winter and a 60 hour a week job during the summer isn't fair and reasonable compensation for the work that gets done, and the BCA board decided 3 years ago to increase the Secretary's salary incrementally each year until such time that they thought it was at reasonable level."

Having recently taken over the role as Club Secretary, I reckon Don must take a swim in paperwork back and forth. I understand the need for record-keeping but in today's day and age, just email the damn thing !

RazzaTheRooster;405153 said:
To quote Ron at the BCA AGM - "$20K for a 30 hour a week job during the winter and a 60 hour a week job during the summer isn't fair and reasonable compensation for the work that gets done, and the BCA board decided 3 years ago to increase the Secretary's salary incrementally each year until such time that they thought it was at reasonable level."

Having recently taken over the role as Club Secretary, I reckon Don must take a swim in paperwork back and forth. I understand the need for record-keeping but in today's day and age, just email the damn thing !
Thought it was mentioned last year he was on 45k?

If he's only getting 20 then a pay rise would be fair, about 30k is fair that's what a receptionist would get.

Maybe pay for the country week side to stay in melbs would be a priority too if they are so interested in wanting to be the No1 league...

thickedge;404671 said:

D.Ellis returning?

very intesting, umm a new adidas one. yeah will be an interesting T20 this year. from discussions with him before he left he will be returning yes.

RazzaTheRooster;405230 said:
According to the Annual Report, the Secretary received a salary of $32,621 in 2009 and $36,147 in 2010.

Despite what anybody thinks of Don its not a huge salary. THE Bca have decided to make that position a paid one and whoever it is deserves to get paid a market rate salary. Would any of you do it for that money? Its hardly worth it unless your looking for a job to ease into retirement. Ron said if Don quit the BCA would need to employ someody else and they'd be looking at $40K to $50K.

Unless the BCA are able to get an older volunteer with nothing to do then the cost is only going to get much higher each year.

Back