Ballarat Cricket Association 2010/11

Re: Ballarat Cricket Association 2010/11

The "Red Caps" have secured a top order bat from Essendon. Maybe on the way to a 3rd?

Dean Waugh;404673 said:
What brand did ya pick up?

Bulls movements, looks like Knowlesy will coach again after a few unsuccessful attempts with some candidates.

A couple of uni kids from footy club are set to join, Hydens brother & Buchanon from mornington. Think J.Knowles might stay now if a few of the recruits ryan has been onto come on board.

Pretty much just trying to get our T20 side stacked as we have no interest in 2 day comp!!!!

D.Ellis returning?

Brown Hill have also re-signed David Keighrey who will be returning to the club and have also picked up ‘Jock’ Kennedy.......Both have signed the dotted line apparently......

KENWOOD;406793 said:
The "Red Caps" have secured a top order bat from Essendon. Maybe on the way to a 3rd?
If they have secured him then why not mention his name Kenny?

I hear Don Jacobsson now has a 50% pay rise on what he was on originally.

What does he do that benefits the clubs in Ballarat to justify this increase I wonder? Maybe it's for the extra hours of counting the fine money, or finding ways to fleece the clubs out of coin each year.

no camping;405149 said:
I hear Don Jacobsson now has a 50% pay rise on what he was on originally.

What does he do that benefits the clubs in Ballarat to justify this increase I wonder? Maybe it's for the extra hours of counting the fine money, or finding ways to fleece the clubs out of coin each year.
To quote Ron at the BCA AGM - "$20K for a 30 hour a week job during the winter and a 60 hour a week job during the summer isn't fair and reasonable compensation for the work that gets done, and the BCA board decided 3 years ago to increase the Secretary's salary incrementally each year until such time that they thought it was at reasonable level."

Having recently taken over the role as Club Secretary, I reckon Don must take a swim in paperwork back and forth. I understand the need for record-keeping but in today's day and age, just email the damn thing !

I see he broke into the Essendon firsts last year after playing alot of thirds in the previous years.

Looking at the new recruits on the BCA website I see there are a couple of awesome names a la Steele Sidebottom.

Redan have Joseph Fernando while East have Tyrone Lia.

I don't think we have any names like that at Point other than our Indian blokes. Any clubs got any Misty Hymens or the like?

RazzaTheRooster;405153 said:
To quote Ron at the BCA AGM - "$20K for a 30 hour a week job during the winter and a 60 hour a week job during the summer isn't fair and reasonable compensation for the work that gets done, and the BCA board decided 3 years ago to increase the Secretary's salary incrementally each year until such time that they thought it was at reasonable level."

Having recently taken over the role as Club Secretary, I reckon Don must take a swim in paperwork back and forth. I understand the need for record-keeping but in today's day and age, just email the damn thing !
Thought it was mentioned last year he was on 45k?

If he's only getting 20 then a pay rise would be fair, about 30k is fair that's what a receptionist would get.

Maybe pay for the country week side to stay in melbs would be a priority too if they are so interested in wanting to be the No1 league...

SteveO;407132 said:
I see he broke into the Essendon firsts last year after playing alot of thirds in the previous years.

Looking at the new recruits on the BCA website I see there are a couple of awesome names a la Steele Sidebottom.

I don't think we have any names like that at Point other than our Indian blokes. Any clubs got any Misty Hymens or the like?
Brown Hill get Bazza McCoskey back to the club aswell Nick hyden signed yesterday.

Just saw Knowlsey's Henderson Medal photo and laughed my arse off. Now there's a bloke who doesn't really give a rat's arse. Brilliant!

RazzaTheRooster;405230 said:
According to the Annual Report, the Secretary received a salary of $32,621 in 2009 and $36,147 in 2010.

Despite what anybody thinks of Don its not a huge salary. THE Bca have decided to make that position a paid one and whoever it is deserves to get paid a market rate salary. Would any of you do it for that money? Its hardly worth it unless your looking for a job to ease into retirement. Ron said if Don quit the BCA would need to employ someody else and they'd be looking at $40K to $50K.

Unless the BCA are able to get an older volunteer with nothing to do then the cost is only going to get much higher each year.

The grounds are very wet still up here. If we play round one, then teams will need to visit nice places such as the Wendouree Secondary College, The ground in the heart of the west and number of vic park grounds. No way all teams and grades can play on a Saturday. League should make the call early so clubs can arrange training etc. A one day game to start?

KENWOOD;406793 said:
If they have secured him then why not mention his name Kenny?

My mail is that there will be half the grades playing sunday-sunday to begin with, on the same grounds as used on the saturday eg. 2s and 4s play on Sunday on the grounds that the 1s and 3s use on the saturday.

The Lionshow;408922 said:
What are the grounds like up the road boys? Will round 1 get underway next week on the hard wickets?

What about down the road? We hear the turf is out of action, is that for the full season?

Given the AFL's GF result, the BCA has a big call to make. Play on, delay the start and play a one dayer the week after, or do something radical like play 1s and 2s on the Sunday as first day of the two day match and play the 3s and 4s the following Saturday in a one dayer?

At this stage the forecast is for a wet weekend, so making it a one dayer the following week may work out well.

Pennant Committee release --- BCA 2/3 October 2010 cancelled

In view of the AFL Grand Final replay next Saturday, together with the
unavailability of many grounds due to the wet winter, the BCA Pennant
Committee has decided to cancel all play next Weekend on both Saturday 2 and
Sunday 3 October 2010 with the season to commence the following weekend of
Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October 2010 for both seniors and juniors.

This will result in all matches being 1 day games.

The Pennant Committee will make every effort to keep clubs informed in
regard to the state of the playing ovals, in conjunction with the City
Council.

Please note that more grades of both seniors and juniors will be required to
play on Sundays throughout October 2010, due to state of the ovals/council
repairs.

SteveO;407132 said:

Brown Hill get Bazza McCoskey back to the club aswell Nick hyden signed yesterday.

Just saw Knowlsey's Henderson Medal photo and laughed my arse off. Now there's a bloke who doesn't really give a rat's arse. Brilliant!

RazzaTheRooster;409237 said:
A fantastic common-sense decision.

Totally agree.

Suprised me a bit given previous debacles, and what I once saw in an email from the BCA el Presidente' that said '...there is no place for common sense in Ballarat cricket."

Could Ron be mellowing ahead of his stepping down...Naaahh!!

Outfield at Darley Park is getting levelled & re-surfaced with couch grass. Will be out of action before Xmas but have been told by council it should be ready for after the break. Whether the contractors keep to timeframe is the only variable.

The grounds are very wet still up here. If we play round one, then teams will need to visit nice places such as the Wendouree Secondary College, The ground in the heart of the west and number of vic park grounds. No way all teams and grades can play on a Saturday. League should make the call early so clubs can arrange training etc. A one day game to start?

My mail is that there will be half the grades playing sunday-sunday to begin with, on the same grounds as used on the saturday eg. 2s and 4s play on Sunday on the grounds that the 1s and 3s use on the saturday.

The Lionshow;408922 said:
What are the grounds like up the road boys? Will round 1 get underway next week on the hard wickets?

What about down the road? We hear the turf is out of action, is that for the full season?

Given the AFL's GF result, the BCA has a big call to make. Play on, delay the start and play a one dayer the week after, or do something radical like play 1s and 2s on the Sunday as first day of the two day match and play the 3s and 4s the following Saturday in a one dayer?

At this stage the forecast is for a wet weekend, so making it a one dayer the following week may work out well.

Pennant Committee release --- BCA 2/3 October 2010 cancelled

In view of the AFL Grand Final replay next Saturday, together with the
unavailability of many grounds due to the wet winter, the BCA Pennant
Committee has decided to cancel all play next Weekend on both Saturday 2 and
Sunday 3 October 2010 with the season to commence the following weekend of
Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October 2010 for both seniors and juniors.

This will result in all matches being 1 day games.

The Pennant Committee will make every effort to keep clubs informed in
regard to the state of the playing ovals, in conjunction with the City
Council.

Please note that more grades of both seniors and juniors will be required to
play on Sundays throughout October 2010, due to state of the ovals/council
repairs.

RazzaTheRooster;409237 said:
A fantastic common-sense decision.

Totally agree.

Suprised me a bit given previous debacles, and what I once saw in an email from the BCA el Presidente' that said '...there is no place for common sense in Ballarat cricket."

Could Ron be mellowing ahead of his stepping down...Naaahh!!

Back