Barclay Shield 18/19

This is pretty much what I was thinking.

For Creek to win Benney needs to slog 40+ to get them up and running, and then one of McLean or Adams needs 100+ and to bat the majority of the day.
Not out of the realms of possibility by any stretch but I am tipping macleod get it done.

Macleod played us at Plenty 2 weeks ago and Rob Wise was turning them right angles...

With Diamond Creeks two best bats being left hander’s going to be a bloody good effort to get these runs

Macleod played us at Plenty 2 weeks ago and Rob Wise was turning them right angles...

With Diamond Creeks two best bats being left hander’s going to be a bloody good effort to get these runs

If any side can get the runs, its Diamond Creek. They're a well drilled team who wouldn't succumb to the pressure of a large score and they got 240 against them earlier in the year (although they batted first that game).

In saying that, Macleod must be paying $1.02 to win from there. Runs on the board and with their attack, I just can't see them getting beaten.

If any side can get the runs, its Diamond Creek. They're a well drilled team who wouldn't succumb to the pressure of a large score and they got 240 against them earlier in the year (although they batted first that game).

In saying that, Macleod must be paying $1.02 to win from there. Runs on the board and with their attack, I just can't see them getting beaten.

Creek to win, Daniel Taylor needs to top score if this is to be the case. Much better bat than his stats reflect this season

Outside of Tom McLean, who else stood up for them with the bat this year? Did we over rate DC?
To be fair , rooster was averaging around 50, not sure about the rest. But, each of their bowlers have all taken about 30 wickets each and are a good attack with no flaws.
Everything that Macleod had to do to win happened. Wise boys particularly Rob, played out of their skin, the bonus 50 at the end of the innings from Johnson topped off the first day, Lastly, 3 missed stumpingsfrom McLean and fair to say he didn’t have a great game. He has had a great year, super player that he is.

Not sure how you can not rate a team who goes through undefeated for the season. They shat the bed

Definitely not saying I don’t rate them but just wondering if they were exposed without Tommy making runs. Similar story in the Semi also...

They will be back and there avouts no doubt but probably need more from the rest with the stick to go one step further

To be fair , rooster was averaging around 50, not sure about the rest. But, each of their bowlers have all taken about 30 wickets each and are a good attack with no flaws.
Everything that Macleod had to do to win happened. Wise boys particularly Rob, played out of their skin, the bonus 50 at the end of the innings from Johnson topped off the first day, Lastly, 3 missed stumpingsfrom McLean and fair to say he didn’t have a great game. He has had a great year, super player that he is.

Is that the guy that cheated the week before and shouldn't have played in the Grand Final?

18/19 Barclay Shield Premiers: Macleod*

What I am about to say has nothing to do with Macleod winning the flag, congratulations to them and in particular Rob on an outstanding individual performance.

How Johnson was not even put before a tribunal to explain his actions is an absolute disgrace, If you are an avid user of this site you would know that I have always been on the side of the DVCA executive and stuck up for them on numerous occasions but they have dropped the ball on this. There is no middle ground here, once reported by the umpires it had to go further. I have sat in as a player advocate on hearings where by following the guidelines in place, players would be subject to a 2 game suspension for each time they swore (say f@@k 3 times and you risk copping 6 matches).

Our club has been a past winner of the Spirit of Cricket Award, if it were up to me, it's not, I'd hand it back as the DVCA have shown that the Spirit of Cricket means nothing in this instance.

I have said nothing above I would not say to their face and would hope that at some stage they are held to account for what I believe is the poorest example of their leadership in my time as player/president and supporter. As said earlier, I'm a supporter of the executive and believe they do a very good job 99% of the time. It's a thankless job and one that very few people are prepared to do. This post isn't designed to incite a pile on and to give people the opportunity to get personal, hope it has not come across that way.

Footnote - despite my big cricket name, these views are mine and mine alone.

Last edited:
What I am about to say has nothing to do with Macleod winning the flag, congratulations to them and in particular Rob on an outstanding individual performance.

How Johnson was not even put before a tribunal to explain his actions is an absolute disgrace, If you are a an avid user of this site you would know that I have always been on the side of the DVCA executive and stuck up for them on numerous occasions but they have dropped the ball on this. There is no middle ground here, once reported by the umpires it had to go further. I have sat in as a player advocate on hearings where by following the guidelines in place, players would be subject to a 2 game suspension for each time they swore (say f@@k 3 times and you risk copping 6 matches).

Our club has been a past winner of the Spirit of Cricket Award, if it were up to me, it's not, I'd hand it back as the DVCA have shown that the Spirit of Cricket means nothing.

I have said nothing above I would not say to their face and would hope that at some stage they are held accountable for what I believe is the poorest example of their leadership in my time as player/president and supporter.

My post was more a tongue in cheek post to wind up Serg. I don't begrudge Macleod in anyway shape of form, they thoroughly deserved the win. It wasn't for them to suspend Johnson, although you'd like to think they tore shreds off him behind closed doors.

I genuinely cannot see how anyone could mount an argument against what you've written, absolutely spot on. The only thing I can think of was the DVCA decided that it was in the too hard basket and easier to let it go through to the keeper. Can't help but wonder if it was a "lesser player" would the outcome have been the same?

Interestingly, if you look at the rule book as per the DVCA website, it has the following set penalties for Match Day Reports. How were none if not all of these used in this scenario?
  • Bringing the game into disrepute
  • Misconduct
  • Breaches of Law 42 (Ball tampering, distract/obstruct batsmen, dangerous & unfair bowling, time wasting, damaging the pitch)
  • Captain failing to ensure his team acts within the spirit of cricket.

All of these have set penalties of: Minor 1 match, Moderate 2 matches, Serious 3 matches, Extreme 4+ Matches.

Last edited:
My post was more a tongue in cheek post to wind up Serg. I don't begrudge Macleod in anyway shape of form, they thoroughly deserved the win. It wasn't for them to suspend Johnson, although you'd like to think they tore shreds off him behind closed doors.

I genuinely cannot see how anyone could mount an argument against what you've written, absolutely spot on. The only thing I can think of was the DVCA decided that it was in the too hard basket and easier to let it go through to the keeper. Can't help but wonder if it was a "lesser player" would the outcome have been the same?

Interestingly, if you look at the rule book as per the DVCA website, it has the following set penalties for Match Day Reports. How were none if not all of these used in this scenario?

* Misconduct

• Bringing the game into disrepute

• Breaches of Law 42 (Ball tampering, distract/obstruct batsmen, dangerous & unfair bowling, time wasting, damaging the pitch)

• Captain failing to ensure his team acts within the spirit of cricket.
All of these have set penalties of: Minor 1 match, Moderate 2 matches, Serious 3 matches, Extreme 4+ Matches.
Would it be safe to say, if Macleod went on to lose the semi, he would’ve seen some type of penalty for the following season

How Johnson was not even put before a tribunal to explain his actions is an absolute disgrace, If you are an avid user of this site you would know that I have always been on the side of the DVCA executive and stuck up for them on numerous occasions but they have dropped the ball on this. There is no middle ground here, once reported by the umpires it had to go further. I have sat in as a player advocate on hearings where by following the guidelines in place, players would be subject to a 2 game suspension for each time they swore (say f@@k 3 times and you risk copping 6 matches).

Our club has been a past winner of the Spirit of Cricket Award, if it were up to me, it's not, I'd hand it back as the DVCA have shown that the Spirit of Cricket means nothing in this instance.

I have said nothing above I would not say to their face and would hope that at some stage they are held to account for what I believe is the poorest example of their leadership in my time as player/president and supporter. As said earlier, I'm a supporter of the executive and believe they do a very good job 99% of the time. It's a thankless job and one that very few people are prepared to do. This post isn't designed to incite a pile on and to give people the opportunity to get personal, hope it has not come across that way.

Still reckon having someone on the executive from your club helps

Back