Barclay Shield 18/19

My post was more a tongue in cheek post to wind up Serg. I don't begrudge Macleod in anyway shape of form, they thoroughly deserved the win. It wasn't for them to suspend Johnson, although you'd like to think they tore shreds off him behind closed doors.

I genuinely cannot see how anyone could mount an argument against what you've written, absolutely spot on. The only thing I can think of was the DVCA decided that it was in the too hard basket and easier to let it go through to the keeper. Can't help but wonder if it was a "lesser player" would the outcome have been the same?

Interestingly, if you look at the rule book as per the DVCA website, it has the following set penalties for Match Day Reports. How were none if not all of these used in this scenario?
  • Bringing the game into disrepute
  • Misconduct
  • Breaches of Law 42 (Ball tampering, distract/obstruct batsmen, dangerous & unfair bowling, time wasting, damaging the pitch)
  • Captain failing to ensure his team acts within the spirit of cricket.

All of these have set penalties of: Minor 1 match, Moderate 2 matches, Serious 3 matches, Extreme 4+ Matches.
What I have heard from talking to some umpires is that the umpires as a group are furious that Johnson got off. He was reported by the umpires on the day as a moderate report. This means even with an early plea it would have been reduced to 1 match, meaning he would have missed the GF. Once the report got to the tribunal, they reduced it to minor. Meaning if he takes the early plea (which he did) it gets reduced to warning basically. This annoyed the umpires big time.
Still reckon having someone on the executive from your club helps
Any time an executive member is dealing with an issue from their club, they remove themselves.

north eltham with a substantial recruiting coup.
The returning trio led my james Stevenson, as well as quick max Leropoulos and jesse Smith sure to turn heads

Any news or movement ? nothing out of riverside or diamo yet.
saw Youngy from north at advanced hair over the weekend and he said they’ve gone down the path of Sri Lankan imports , x2 but lost Joel and only replaced him with a couple of old has beens, namely jesse smith and a threes player related to Duckworth

Any news or movement ? nothing out of riverside or diamo yet.
saw Youngy from north at advanced hair over the weekend and he said they’ve gone down the path of Sri Lankan imports , x2 but lost Joel and only replaced him with a couple of old has beens, namely jesse smith and a threes player related to Duckworth
Epping coach going back to Yarraville

Come on... spill the beans! Sounds like you are itching to tell everyone.

They took the most wickets in Money Shield... maybe they should be looking to lock in a couple of more batsmen.
Only know that one of them is from a team who had a very average finals series with the bat.
Will be interesting to see how he goes in DVCA. Used to open the batting and won a couple of club championships. Has taken a fair few wickets when he was an option with the ball..
Club he was at has a few handy quicks

Last edited:
Back