Barclay Shield 2019/2020

So basically grand final is a draw after CA announced no cricket this weekend..

I know it was suggested before the toss last week perhaps the DVCA should consider playing all the shield gf last Sunday as well

does anyone know why it was knocked on the head straight away?

I know it was suggested before the toss last week perhaps the DVCA should consider playing all the shield gf last Sunday as well

Stupid questions will get stupid answers....

I think you will find that neither CA nor CV have any juridsiction over local competitions. They made a recommendation, today it was not a directive. The DVCA admin will have the final say UNLESS the Govt shuts everything down.

Last edited:
So what’s the verdict gentlemen? I’m tipping if it’s good enough for the footy it’s good enough for the teams that busted their arse last week to get into winning positions to get it done fair and square.

So what’s the verdict gentlemen? I’m tipping if it’s good enough for the footy it’s good enough for the teams that busted their arse last week to get into winning positions to get it done fair and square.

If they award joint winners, there will always be an asterix *** associated with it. Finish the game Saturday and go and celebrate the victory

https://www.sportaus.gov.au/media-c...id-19-guidelines-for-community-sport/_nocache

New guidelines for community sport released by the minister of sport yesterday.

Only essential participants should attend activities, i.e. players, coaches, match officials, staff and volunteers involved in operations and parents/guardians of participants.

All players, visitors should practise the following social distancing measures at Community Sporting activities:

• Players, visitors and officials should minimise physical contact as much as is practicable, for example no shaking hands, no walking out with player mascots, no pre- or post-match celebrations and no celebrating between players during the match.
  • When spectating or attending a game or training session, ensure a distance of 1.5 metres is kept between yourself and others.
  • Access to change rooms should be restricted solely to players, officials and essential staff.
  • If spectating, try to maintain 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
  • It is recommended that sporting teams, including school sporting teams, maintain local competitions only, with no inter-district, or inter-club travel. As with all gatherings, basic protective measures should be observed, such as regular hand hygiene practices before, during and after the match, do not share drink bottles, and avoid touching your face.

And this gf could of been decided last Sunday but the ignorance and arrogance of the dvca executives f**ked everything up again. The only real losers were Heidelberg who should feel robbed. Another wasted year by the cock smokers, i mean creekers.

Last edited:
Bring on 2020/2021

Diamond Creek
Heidelberg
Epping
Lower Eltham
Rosanna
North Eltham
Plenty
Riverside
Macleod
Banyule

Interesting to see where the improvements will come for most teams.
How will the new team go?

20 weeks until preseason starts again.

I think cricket season next year will be affected as this coronavirus thing could last 6-12 months. Plus afl will be extended till december apparently. Whatever happens things wont be normal next year thats fore sure.

I think cricket season next year will be affected as this coronavirus thing could last 6-12 months. Plus afl will be extended till december apparently. Whatever happens things wont be normal next year thats fore sure.
I’m hearing the same. Next year is probably also a write off. What do you reckon Clive???

Once the virus peaks and a heard immunity kicks in, there's no longer any point in shutting down society. Besides which, shutting everything down for more than 6-8 weeks will almost destroy our economy, so I think either way we will be playing cricket next season. Although, the DVCA might have to look at things like association fees etc, a lot of people are going to lose their jobs here, thus club income and numbers are going to take a serious hit, so it might be an idea to look at the costs involved as not to send some clubs to the wall.

Back