BARCLAY SHIELD 2022/23

Nah couldn’t be stuffed getting into a pointless argument to be honest but it’s happened anyway.

Think you’ve misread me as some sort of NMCA and Rosebank fan, all I was commenting on was how bad Banyule are this season. And I stand by it.
Banyule haven't played a home game all year due to ground being unavailable. Unfortunate for them that they get relegated but they will be ok. Have a strong junior program. Much stronger than probably most in the dvca.

Banyule haven't played a home game all year due to ground being unavailable. Unfortunate for them that they get relegated but they will be ok. Have a strong junior program. Much stronger than probably most in the dvca.
Good junior programs unfortunately don’t result in good players moving forward. It just means you have a lot of juniors.
Only a hand full of clubs would even have a team half filled with club grown talent.

Good junior programs unfortunately don’t result in good players moving forward. It just means you have a lot of juniors.
Only a hand full of clubs would even have a team half filled with club grown talent.
Diamond creek , rosanna , macleod , banyule , heidelberg, north eltham. There's more than a handful

Diamond creek , rosanna , macleod , banyule , heidelberg, north eltham. There's more than a handful
My point is though, you have listed Banyule who to keep it nice are a shambles at the moment getting smashed week in week out.
Macleod are being held up by 2 guys nearing the end of their terrific careers.
You’re then down to 4 clubs with a strong junior program with proven winners coming through?

My point is though, you have listed Banyule who to keep it nice are a shambles at the moment getting smashed week in week out.
Macleod are being held up by 2 guys nearing the end of their terrific careers.
You’re then down to 4 clubs with a strong junior program with proven winners coming through?
Ok , I don't buy into that. You get the odd club who will have success on the back of a financial white knight , but they come and go. The junior programs are a good recipe for success.

Ok , I don't buy into that. You get the odd club who will have success on the back of a financial white knight , but they come and go. The junior programs are a good recipe for success.
I agree with you, junior programs are a fantastic recipe..
But just saying a club will be fine because they have juniors is a reach statement. Mernda & Laurimar have great junior programs, but they have never kicked on.

I agree with you, junior programs are a fantastic recipe..
But just saying a club will be fine because they have juniors is a reach statement. Mernda & Laurimar have great junior programs, but they have never kicked on.
Laurimar are only a young club. If they aren't in the top grade in 10 years time I would be surprised.
Mernda I can't really comment on. Maybe they have lost a few to laurimar over the years I'm not sure.

Banyule vs NEW
Heidelberg vs Epping
Macleod
vs Research
Riverside vs Rosebank
Diamond Creek vs Rosanna

Epping 63
Rosanna 63
Diamond Creek 55
NEW 51

Juniors aren't just for success on the ground, there is the social aspect to clubs as well. More juniors, more potential teams, more parents around, more money spent at the club, potentially more grants or government cash for facilities etc because you are an upstanding community organisation etc. Flags are not the be all to end all.

Back