BARCLAY SHIELD 2022/23

finals with 4 teams on the same points.

North eltham look dangerous
Heidelberg have a really tough run home
Diamond creek have just had a great win, and have Banyule
Tried to put the above in a bit of perspective, going to be a big hunt for that final 4th spot. Any time you're playing Research/Banyule, 10 points would have to be the goal to get any sort of breakaway. Only will take a meltdown from Rosanna to lose top spot.

Have heard the same thing and if thats the case what a joke..... Clubs better make sure there is more than BBQ shapes for arvo tea or the DVCA will hit you with a $500 fine.... The exec need to have a long hard look at themselves if this is the case in fantasy land
LOL, standard Rosebank. Always been like this way back into the Jika days. Rolling in money but you'd be lucky for there to ever be a party pie or sandwich quarter per player at tea.

Approaching the business end of the season, who do we all have finishing top 4?

I’d go:
Epping
Rosanna
Diamond Creek
Riverside

Heidelberg will also be around the mark but have a tough run home.

Macleod I think are hanging on for dear life.

Last edited:
Approaching the business end of the season, who do we all have finishing top 4?

I’d go:
Epping
Rosanna
Diamond Creek
Riverside

Heidelberg will also be around the mark but have a tough run home.

Macleod I think are hanging on for dear life.

Mac did well to get close to 280 odd not many sides would have been able to do, even against the suspect Riverside attack. They will do enough to stay 3rd I think. Diamo should grab the last spot with a favourable run and an outight chance against Banyule.

Try to avoid posting on here much these days but happy to congratulate our boys on beating Riverside.

Not blessed with the talent or depth of most other teams but good to see a bit more competitiveness and consistency from the younger guys and group as a whole.

Try to avoid posting on here much these days but happy to congratulate our boys on beating Riverside.

Not blessed with the talent or depth of most other teams but good to see a bit more competitiveness and consistency from the younger guys and group as a whole.
Good win in terms of relegation. All but confirmed staying up now

6 teams for two spots. What a round coming up too!

Rosebank well and truly in the box seat to grab one of those spots now.

My predictions

Rosanna
Epping
Rosebank
Macleod

Amazingly , Macleod have lost 3 on the trot and remain 3rd. Their form is horrible. They fall out for mine.
North eltham and Rosebank big chance to make it now.
Heidelberg diamond creek have tough draws. Riverside just miss as well.
Goodbye Banyule. Won't see them back in Barclay for a while

Amazingly , Macleod have lost 3 on the trot and remain 3rd. Their form is horrible. They fall out for mine.
North eltham and Rosebank big chance to make it now.
Heidelberg diamond creek have tough draws. Riverside just miss as well.
Goodbye Banyule. Won't see them back in Barclay for a while
Anyone can beat anyone on their day which is good for the comp, banyule going down with just enough time for them to drop players and keep their 2s and 3s from going down aswel.

Having just been up at Eltham College marking the boundary, I’d be surprised if that outfield is playable for tomorrow’s ones. Especially with the grounds persons love of the old sprinkler, it wouldn’t surprise me if they are on all night.

Ironically Research Park is perfect but when you have a council that will take 6 weeks to replace a damaged pitch, unfortunately that’s of no use!🤦

Looks like Banyule have given up. North eltham have been gifted 2 games against them this year. Time to even up the draw and play 9 x 2 dayers and 9 x 1 dayers.
Get rid of the 20/20 comp it's shithouse

Looks like Banyule have given up. North eltham have been gifted 2 games against them this year. Time to even up the draw and play 9 x 2 dayers and 9 x 1 dayers.
Get rid of the 20/20 comp it's shithouse

This but with 8 team competitions. No way clubs are willing to play 27 days of cricket.

Its almsot impossible to get to grades of 8 teams though with the current structure.

There needs to be serious reform though.

This but with 8 team competitions. No way clubs are willing to play 27 days of cricket.

Its almsot impossible to get to grades of 8 teams though with the current structure.

There needs to be serious reform though.

I'm only referring to Barclay shield. Highest grade to command more games with the 10 team structure. The 20/20 has lost its sting. Maybe make it an under 25 20/20 or something I dunno. Other grades i couldn't give a stuff

Last edited:
I'm only referring to Barclay shield. Highest grade to command more games with the 10 team structure. The 20/20 has lost its sting. Maybe make it an under 25 20/20 or something I dunno. Other grades i couldn't give a stuff

How are you going to fit in 27 days of cricket?

Back