BARCLAY SHIELD 2022/23

Rumour has it Gardner from epping to leave to play with his best mate. Henkel to lower plenty.
Whitcher gone. S Mitchell to Preston.
J ward to lower plenty.
Deans Draper to epping.

just rumours though

J Ward as in Josh from Research?I believe has already signed at Research back about 4 weeks ago.

Makes sense as you would think that they would all stick together and try and go one better after such a humiliating defeat in the GF
Just my personal view - but clubs that need to announce players staying doesn’t speak volumes about the commitment of the individuals to the team long term.
Just a it fits my preference now but in a couple of years time it won’t.
Not calling just specifically Epping many other clubs as well.

Just my personal view - but clubs that need to announce players staying doesn’t speak volumes about the commitment of the individuals to the team long term.
Agreed.

I think it’s just the way of the world these days and social media marketing and promoting. If they didn’t post it (in this case Epping) you wouldn’t be able to question a players motives to stay at a club or leave.
I personally think that the social media posting from all clubs these days is great. Not just the off season stuff, but naming teams on a Thursday night and where teams are playing, score updates and highlights and achievements from the previous weeks. It builds the competitions online profile and gets people talking about the DVCA

OPs are scoping out options close but not at the College. They like the look of St Damiens ground Bundoora and Norris Banks Primary. We will start small with 2 teams only. The name will include OPs as part of a longer term strategy to return to the school. The actual name will be Old Paradians Bundy Bowls Amatuer Cricket Club (OPBB for short) with a relationship as described below.

Social room base is tipped to be Bundoora bowls club with a card kick back system. That is, OP affiliated people will have a card they swipe at the venue which gives 20% back (of sale price) to the OPs (not including happy hour beers). The bowls club will provide a room for specific club functions, limited to but not exceeding 3. Following the poor behaviour at Garvey Oval in the past, there is a warning system in place including a staged 1, 2 and 3 level discipline scheme. Any level 3 indiscretions, lead to immediate eviction from the venue.
Please move your dribble over to another thread. This is for Barclay teams only.

N
OPs are scoping out options close but not at the College. They like the look of St Damiens ground Bundoora and Norris Banks Primary. We will start small with 2 teams only. The name will include OPs as part of a longer term strategy to return to the school. The actual name will be Old Paradians Bundy Bowls Amatuer Cricket Club (OPBB for short) with a relationship as described below.

Social room base is tipped to be Bundoora bowls club with a card kick back system. That is, OP affiliated people will have a card they swipe at the venue which gives 20% back (of sale price) to the OPs (not including happy hour beers). The bowls club will provide a room for specific club functions, limited to but not exceeding 3. Following the poor behaviour at Garvey Oval in the past, there is a warning system in place including a staged 1, 2 and 3 level discipline scheme. Any level 3 indiscretions, lead to immediate eviction from the venue.
Not to be rude - but this is the Barclay Shield thread. Not sure anyone really cares about OPBB here

Back