BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Day 1 summarised by Burner Boy

What on earth is going on with the Reptiles?? They look at shell of themselves at the moment. Getting 336 put on you is an embarrassing day. Crisis talks ahead for the reigning premier. The wanderer are doing everything to stay in Barclay, this is a good start.

Bundoora win this game, much to NEWs disliking. Kept riverside to 195, the Prince will do this on his own stick I reckon. Someone give BB some insight, was this ground super slow??? Prediction, Prince ends up on 143* taking down L and S Money on the way.

After losing Blair Dawson to the mighty Jika comp, Rosebank put in a pretty honourable display, I ventured down their to have a look at the Tim ‘🐐’ Wise show, and if it wasn’t for a mix up he was on for a 100. This will be game of the round, and will come down to the wire.

Epping flexed their deep batting line up, putting 292 on the board. Yes it’s a small ground but there is no way the searchers are getting anywhere near that. Nath and Arky with a huge partnership put the result to bed.

Diamond creek are ticking along okay. Putting 206 on the board. Might not be enough on that small ground, but one thing we know for sure. The berg batting is very very shaky! Couple quick wickets from Gilbo and it’s just about all she wrote. Will be watching with interest

What on earth is going on with the Reptiles?? They look at shell of themselves at the moment. Getting 336 put on you is an embarrassing day. Crisis talks ahead for the reigning premier. The wanderer are doing everything to stay in Barclay, this is a good start.

Bundoora win this game, much to NEWs disliking. Kept riverside to 195, the Prince will do this on his own stick I reckon. Someone give BB some insight, was this ground super slow??? Prediction, Prince ends up on 143* taking down L and S Money on the way.

After losing Blair Dawson to the mighty Jika comp, Rosebank put in a pretty honourable display, I ventured down their to have a look at the Tim ‘🐐’ Wise show, and if it wasn’t for a mix up he was on for a 100. This will be game of the round, and will come down to the wire.

Epping flexed their deep batting line up, putting 292 on the board. Yes it’s a small ground but there is no way the searchers are getting anywhere near that. Nath and Arky with a huge partnership put the result to bed.

Diamond creek are ticking along okay. Putting 206 on the board. Might not be enough on that small ground, but one thing we know for sure. The berg batting is very very shaky! Couple quick wickets from Gilbo and it’s just about all she wrote. Will be watching with interest

couple blokes from Heidelberg hit you round the park one day I reckon. They should get that.

NorthEltham batted well more so than Rosanna bowling badly, they’re more likely to finish top 4 than be relegated. That Willbe RECCs fate IMO

Good summary again BB! Bundoora would be red hot favourites with Prince to go big I reckon. Ground was super slow on Saturday so I reckon 185 was a good score, but still 30 short of where it needed.

I went and watched NEW and boy they turned it in. Recruit Murray belted them and was ably supported by Jack Young. 336 will be too many for Rosanna who, if things don’t go well early, could bat twice next week.

Reckon Berg, Epping and Rosebank get the job done from here. Few interesting games to keep an eye on

Good summary again BB! Bundoora would be red hot favourites with Prince to go big I reckon. Ground was super slow on Saturday so I reckon 185 was a good score, but still 30 short of where it needed.

I went and watched NEW and boy they turned it in. Recruit Murray belted them and was ably supported by Jack Young. 336 will be too many for Rosanna who, if things don’t go well early, could bat twice next week.

Reckon Berg, Epping and Rosebank get the job done from here. Few interesting games to keep an eye on
Thanks mate, if Sheehan and Nick don’t go well, Rosanna will 100% bat twice. I think the jury is out with them, their bottom 3-4 players a lot worse than NEWs

Time to concede NEW are going fine, they could be in the 4 by 5pm Saturday.

I’ve got no issue with umpires still wanting half of their money, but surely common sense has to come in to at some point.
rain still coming down, puddles starting to form on the wicket and the call was ‘we’ll wait another half an hour’

Day 2 summarised.
8mm fell in the local catchment areas, as all games were abandoned.

The winners of this round are Rosanna, Riverside, Macleod, Research and Heidelberg.
All of those teams are rejoicing as they would’ve been on the wrong end of the stick.

Interesting couple of rounds coming up.

Back