BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Who cares, Henkel has given great service to all clubs he has been involved at. There wouldn’t be a club in the comp who wouldn’t take him.
Gardiner is coming into his own now as a cricketer and Plenty have probably got him back at the right time.

At the end of the day, it’s a lot of runs to replace at Epping so I’m sure they are disappointed to lose them both…

It's easy to peel off 12 clubs and say Nath is a 'hat-collector'

Essendon & Northcote (& Preston to a degree) is a young bloke having a 'crack' at turf cricket - at a better standard than DVCA
Nightcliff is 'Top End' cricket and let's get rid of Diamond Valley & Metro North

We're down to 6 pretty quick

Junior Cricket at South Morang
A brief stint at Plenty before 4 seasons at Whittlesea, 3 seasons at Lower Plenty, & 5 seasons at Epping
* Couldn't find Mernda

He can play a bit - I don't think he's moving around for an extra $200 like some blokes - or some new clothing
That's good solid stints (& service) at his last 3 clubs

He could do anything at Plenty - he's at the right age (maturity ?)

All valid points. Leads to the question, where does this leave Epping right now?
I’m sure the pingers will be just fine. Their bowling stocks aren’t an issue and they just need to replace the runs column from Henkel and Gardiner.

I’d say they are like every other club and looking at recruiting some new faces or potentially time for some of their B graders to take the next step.

They Still have some older/experienced guys in their lineup, would be a good time for them to also step up. Unless they also walk out the door…

I’m sure the pingers will be just fine. Their bowling stocks aren’t an issue and they just need to replace the runs column from Henkel and Gardiner.

I’d say they are like every other club and looking at recruiting some new faces or potentially time for some of their B graders to take the next step.

They Still have some older/experienced guys in their lineup, would be a good time for them to also step up. Unless they also walk out the door…
All well and good saying this. But find me a game that epping have won, without Nath or Josh making runs. The “older/ experienced” blokes you talk about haven’t done much. Only bloke left is Tom. Hughes and Licovski are so far past it, but they’ll still keep getting a game now that they’ve lost two.

Saying all of this ^^, Epping will be the club that now goes and opens the cheque book, now that they have got about $30000 off their books.

Well run club, good people on and off field. Arguably the best player in the comp leading from the front.

Can’t see too much of an issue for them

I agree there batting is top notch I’m just not sure there bowling is going to hold up I’m interested to see if they pick any bowlers up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree there batting is top notch I’m just not sure there bowling is going to hold up I’m interested to see if they pick any bowlers up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They just won their way into the top grade by bowling some good sides out . I'm sure they will be fine on that front. Fox jnr will trouble plenty of batters. I actually expect them to be highly competitive

So I’ve been informed Rivergum and Dennis are both about to be at the final stage of acceptance in the DVCA,
Rivergum no idea why you’d except a club that burnt your comp once before but that’s up to you guys, as far as Dennis go bring an Eski if you want a cold drink and your own food cause they can’t even open a canteen on match day,
tea will be an eye opener Friday nights left over pizza enjoy .

Last edited:
So I’ve been informed Rivergum and Dennis are both about to be at the final stage of acceptance in the DVCA,
Rivergum no idea why you’d except a club that burnt your comp once before but that’s up to you guys, as far as Dennis go bring an Eski if you want a cold drink and your own food cause they can’t even open a canteen on match day,
Don't think Dennis will ever appear in Barclay Shield so teams up there won't have to worry about it. Let the lower grades squabble about arvo tea quality
Fiji Himilaya straight into the top flight at Jika I'd imagine ? Lol what a disgrace of a comp

Someone is a little bit salty that some clubs are willing to get out of the farce of a competition that is NMCA 🤣 just because you are stuck there because no other competition will touch your ***t of a club, don’t bag out other clubs for being pro active. 2 strong clubs that would be good additions.

Back