BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Copy and paste job. Replaced Banyule with Bundoora.

All I'm saying is that certain teams again get to play Research twice again. Have a softer draw.
Yeah it’s pretty stiff. Only reasoning I can think of is teams were slow on giving ground allocations?? But wow we are really a rabble of a comp organisation wise, if we are just rinse and repeating fixtures.

But hey, you can wear coloured pants and a white top and get away with it…

Fixture is 100% correct. Asked the question the other day to our clubs pres. As for the games post Christmas, disregard the dates, as they are all Saturdays. The only difference is the first game back is Saturday & Sunday!

Last edited:
Totally agree - smaller clubs will be fielding completely uncompetitive 1sts sides, along with the Saturday / Sunday after Christmas. Most of us are volunteer players who don't have any interest allocating an entire weekend to local cricket (finals excluded)
I think the compounding issue will be the kids that would normally fill the holes in those sides are probably going to be away with their families already for the holidays. It makes no sense.

Nah grow up would rather play 23rd over the 6th of Jan. I don't know anyone that goes away BEFORE Christmas everyone should be at home and it's only the top grades if a team can't field their bloody twos they should really consider where they're at as a club

Nah grow up would rather play 23rd over the 6th of Jan. I don't know anyone that goes away BEFORE Christmas everyone should be at home and it's only the top grades if a team can't field their bloody twos they should really consider where they're at as a club
Good point, the only concern will be on the 23rd some hungover players, but I don't know of many who go away that close to christmas. Plus it's only the 1's and 2's. Returning on the 13th is much better than the 6th when most people are actually away.

Copy and paste job. Replaced Banyule with Bundoora.

All I'm saying is that certain teams again get to play Research twice again. Have a softer draw.

Just had a look at the fixture, I'm from Bundoora. 1st game at Yulong November 4. That's club, not just Barclay. Any other clubs away for that length?

Just had a look at the fixture, I'm from Bundoora. 1st game at Yulong November 4. That's club, not just Barclay. Any other clubs away for that length?

Email has gone out to clubs apparently it’s all PlayHq fault

You know what would make releasing a fixture easier?
Possibly having a reserve grade for all the shields….
1’s play @ home
2’s play @ away

But we are still shying away from this because:

“Shield reserve grades don’t work due to the disparity of the standards on a number of clubs second elevens”

I can guarantee that there will still good sides in B grade and there will also be shit sides in B grade this season, it won’t be any different in C and D

This was put up as a rule change this season by Montmorency (2nd by Eltham and Banyule) but was knocked back by the rule changes committee, not allowing the clubs the chance to vote on it.

Could anyone clarify when the Comp started making competition decisions without allowing the clubs to vote on it?

Back