BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
No I just find it crazy a competition doesn't have a person running it
Strange, given that 20+ games occurred last weekend, basically without a hitch.

All I read on this site is negative crap. The games seem to be going ahead, with or without coloured clothes or pink balls. The “new” software did see teams turn up to the wring

Yes, some clubs are struggling and some clubs are thriving. Same as very year.

The game really hasn’t changed much in the last 20 years, except for forums where people bitch all the time.

Good to see Heidelberg’s ground starting-it’s make over. Banyule’s looks pretty schmik. Interesting to see how they going playing out of the bunker for the year. Clearly created issues for Banyule.

Bring on the warmer weather.

All I read on this site is negative crap. The games seem to be going ahead, with or without coloured clothes or pink balls. The “new” software did see teams turn up to the wring

The game really hasn’t changed much in the last 20 years, except for forums where people bitch all the time.

Good to see Heidelberg’s ground starting-it’s make over. Banyule’s looks pretty schmik. Interesting to see how they going playing out of the bunker for the year. Clearly created issues for Banyule.

I do think it’s just a matter of complaining, I think people just want to see the league make a decision, enforce it and stick to it.

we saw some faults with the app leading into rd 1 but I was impressed that by early Saturday night, all scores were in, ladders had already started and there was no crashing/ app meltdown.

The whisper I heard was that Heidelberg were trying to secure Heidelberg west ground rather than being at banyule flats

Makes sense to head over the road
West have folded . Did I read that somewhere ?
Was mooted as a potential move, but the fact that there could be two games next to each other every Saturday was too much of a draw card in the end. Warringal Park was to become completely vacant due to no sport played (per council advice). Liquor licence, internet all secured at the Flats and the move has been well received so far. West have folded unfortunately.

Clubs are charged around $2,000 per year to be part of the competition. I would expect that clubs should would receive something that is nearer to a full service rather than bits and pieces when the Exec can be bothered. What about Whittlesea, OP's and TU all paid their fees on time and when it was time for the comp to help them to keep afloat there was crickets( excuse the pun). No President is a result of the previous one alienating every member on the exec to the point that now no one wants to be a part of it. What about issues like the sustainability of clubs in higher house price areas like Heidelberg/Banyule/Eltham that 1st home buyers cant afford to buy in and then those clubs cannot fill junior sides and down the slippery slope they go. All clubs need to survive otherwise there will not be a comp to play in. The comp needs to stand up and provide a clear direction and that cannot be done with a dads army board that lacks ideas, direction and leadership.

Was mooted as a potential move, but the fact that there could be two games next to each other every Saturday was too much of a draw card in the end. Warringal Park was to become completely vacant due to no sport played (per council advice). Liquor licence, internet all secured at the Flats and the move has been well received so far. West have folded unfortunately.
So , no chance of Heidleberg CC trying to take control of both grounds at warringal Park from next season ? Seems a waste such a lovely picturesque ground to play cricket on in my opinion

So , no chance of Heidleberg CC trying to take control of both grounds at warringal Park from next season ? Seems a waste such a lovely picturesque ground to play cricket on in my opinion
That would be the ideal situation to have access to Heidelberg Park for lower grades in 24/25 but it’s all subject to grounds availability with any other clubs and their grounds getting refurbished and with respect, the HWCC situation.

That would be the ideal situation to have access to Heidelberg Park for lower grades in 24/25 but it’s all subject to grounds availability with any other clubs and their grounds getting refurbished and with respect, the HWCC situation.
Re - the HWCC situation - are in recess for a year ?
Pretty hard to come come back once a club folds. They might be done and if the tenants from across the road move in , that will be the final nail in the coffin

Hberg west are done they only had 1 team last season, they won't be back heidelberg WILL take over hberg park next season
I remember years back when Hollywood came to town with the filming of the pig movie Babe, with the crew offering them somewhere in the vicinity of $50k to use the ground for filming. That all happened , crew and cast pack up go home and forget to pay the 50k was the rumours doing the rounds

I remember years back when Hollywood came to town with the filming of the pig movie Babe, with the crew offering them somewhere in the vicinity of $50k to use the ground for filming. That all happened , crew and cast pack up go home and forget to pay the 50k was the rumours doing the rounds
They shot an ep of around the twist there and a few tv footy adds

Back