BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
It will be interesting to see if the teams that played each other in R1 & 2 play 'return one-dayers' after Christmas
Stay tuned on this one 🤔
One of the great butcherings this fixture, oh well.

Rosanna and Heidelberg to defend, Research to roll NEW for under 100, Rosebank to chase, Epping to lose a few but wrap things up against Macleod is my tip for the round.

Epping to chase it down by 1:15, Agree with NEW, they’ll get nowhere near it. Berg win but only just, Rosanna comfortable winners

Is the fat lady singing for NEW in Barclay shield?
Surely they go back to the well and roll out Tsappa for another One dayer?? Lose this one and it’s almost curtains on season 23/24

Does anyone know the answer to this?
I was there and certainly not a tie, unless the scorers had one all mighty session on the beers and screwed up by 60 runs! I’ll check it out though.

*Just checked with our scorer and past President and he has no idea, so guessing it’s an error.*

Back to one dayers this week ahead of a good stretch of two day cricket. Going to tip some roughies. Wonder if/when Creek fire their shot? Their fixture does not get much easier until Christmas.

Riverside Heidelberg
Research Rosanna
Rosebank
Bundoora
NEW Macleod
Epping Diamond Creek

Will be interesting to see how many clubs actually have it tomorrow.
My understanding is Panton Hill the only club not playing in colours. Speaks to the clubs willingness to get with the times and modernise the competition. I worry about the durabilty of the pink balls in a 40 over innings, hopefully with all clubs on board next season a white ball can be used which is proven to last longer.

Back