BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Something interesting I saw from the Macleods 3rd XI on Saturday..
an absolute hero of an innings against the rampant Under 14 attack of the Riverside 6th XI…
Team mates needing to justify him playing constantly probably says all it needs to about this guy

To be fair, the bigger issue is probably the fact that their thirds are playing against a 6ths XI, a big score against them doesn't make him a 1s or 2s cricketer. Probably just wanting to enjoy his cricket with his brother. Taking pot shots on here probably says all it needs to about you...

To be fair, the bigger issue is probably the fact that their thirds are playing against a 6ths XI, a big score against them doesn't make him a 1s or 2s cricketer. Probably just wanting to enjoy his cricket with his brother. Taking pot shots on here probably says all it needs to about you...
Nah, the bigger issue is why Macleods 3rds are in F2. Along distance from C Grade.

Bullyboys will be bullyboys. Could have retired at 100 and let someone else bat.

Noticed a senior player bowling bouncers in G3 at 14 yo and 71yo. Lots of class.

Something interesting I saw from the Macleods 3rd XI on Saturday..
an absolute hero of an innings against the rampant Under 14 attack of the Riverside 6th XI…
Team mates needing to justify him playing constantly probably says all it needs to about this guy
I went for a run past Whatmough so I could catch a bit of HCC v Riverside and saw some of the innings in question. I would genuinely be embarrassed to be a team mate of that. Absolute hero beating up on teenagers.

I went for a run past Whatmough so I could catch a bit of HCC v Riverside and saw some of the innings in question. I would genuinely be embarrassed to be a team mate of that. Absolute hero beating up on teenagers.
What is he supposed to do but - block out ? It's against Riverside so who really cares If the bowling is shit , then it deserves to go to the fence .
I remember Dale Mac playing in sth Morangs 4ths a decade ago and no one called him a hero to his face.

Last edited:
No shite Sherlock, was last week. But as bullying was mentioned I thought I’d add another poor case of an individual acting as though they are bigger than the game.
Pull up. It's park cricket. I doubt this guy goes around acting like he is bigger than the game. Big call. Looks like it is his 3rd game for the club. I'm sure if he is good enough he will get promoted to their 2nds.
Remember too , big gap between C grade and F2.
Looks like everyone got a hit as well apart from no 10 and 11 . Don't have a problem with it.

Pull up. It's park cricket. I doubt this guy goes around acting like he is bigger than the game. Big call. Looks like it is his 3rd game for the club. I'm sure if he is good enough he will get promoted to their 2nds.
Remember too , big gap between C grade and F2.
Looks like everyone got a hit as well apart from no 10 and 11 . Don't have a problem with it.
You are crossing bullies. The bully I was talking about didn’t make 148 against Riverside.

And again today 144. 3 out of 4 innings over 140. Why not retire at 100 and give someone else a decent bat.

Must be getting hard to defend his selection in f2. Add him to the lower plenty 3’s, as just a few examples off the top of my head, suggest the comp’s got a few low grade bullies…

Surely blokes from both clubs could go higher and help losing teams…

Must be getting hard to defend his selection in f2. Add him to the lower plenty 3’s, as just a few examples off the top of my head, suggest the comp’s got a few low grade bullies…

Surely blokes from both clubs could go higher and help losing teams…
LP 3rds were in F1 last year. Way too strong for that grade.

And again today 144. 3 out of 4 innings over 140. Why not retire at 100 and give someone else a decent bat.
End of the day he goes home thinking he’s an absolute guru when he beats up on kids and old blokes trying to help said kids in their start to senior cricket. Absolutely embarrassing

Looks like everyone got a bat.
Good to see he is living rent free in your head.
Yesterday we had a 17yo, playing his 1st game for the year, come out and destroy the oppositions opening order batsmen. As soon as the “kids” came into bat, he was taken off. The kids got to face like ability bowlers. If he had been left on, these kids would never play senior cricket again. That’s what playing lower level cricket is about.

Don’t know the guy, but I have been very consisted on the fact that there is lack of awareness by players who are playing out of their appropriate grade.

On LP’s 3rds, G Brown has been too good for that team for years, but he is a vet, and has one good leg. Yesterday instead of opening it appeared that he batted down the order. Still tonned up. He is just a good cricketer.

Matt McMaster another vet, and other gun. Makes rounds for fun, but no bully, just a god cricketer.

There are bullies and there good old cricketers, the boy from Macleod is …

Yesterday we had a 17yo, playing his 1st game for the year, come out and destroy the oppositions opening order batsmen. As soon as the “kids” came into bat, he was taken off. The kids got to face like ability bowlers. If he had been left on, these kids would never play senior cricket again. That’s what playing lower level cricket is about.

Don’t know the guy, but I have been very consisted on the fact that there is lack of awareness by players who are playing out of their appropriate grade.

On LP’s 3rds, G Brown has been too good for that team for years, but he is a vet, and has one good leg. Yesterday instead of opening it appeared that he batted down the order. Still tonned up. He is just a good cricketer.

Matt McMaster another vet, and other gun. Makes rounds for fun, but no bully, just a god cricketer.

There are bullies and there good old cricketers, the boy from Macleod is …
So , you admit you don't know him , or know of his circumstances or reasoning for playing cricket in Macleods 3rd grade side , yet you sit there and judge him as a bully ?
I don't know him and have never seen him play, maybe the bowling is just crap . It's F2 Park cricket.
I see Andy Stuart playing G3 for mont. Bloke has A grade tons in the bank. No one blinks an eye coz he is in his 40's. He is probably playing coz he likes getting amongst it on a Saturday and doesn't want to play to those standards anymore. Maybe this bloke has the same circumstances. I'm not sure why it bothers you or others so much.

So , you admit you don't know him , or know of his circumstances or reasoning for playing cricket in Macleods 3rd grade side , yet you sit there and judge him as a bully ?
I don't know him and have never seen him play, maybe the bowling is just crap . It's F2 Park cricket.
I see Andy Stuart playing G3 for mont. Bloke has A grade tons in the bank. No one blinks an eye coz he is in his 40's. He is probably playing coz he likes getting amongst it on a Saturday and doesn't want to play to those standards anymore. Maybe this bloke has the same circumstances. I'm not sure why it bothers you or others so much.
Chicken man (made 39) vs 148 ( in a 35 over one day game ie averaging 4 an over by himself), 154 and 144. Not seeing it myself.

Just commenting on someone else’s discussion, that’s all.

You must have worked hard to find Chicken Man’s game yesterday to throw up a comparable.

Chicken man (made 39) vs 148 ( in a 35 over one day game ie averaging 4 an over by himself), 154 and 144. Not seeing it myself.

Just commenting on someone else’s discussion, that’s all.

You must have worked hard to find Chicken Man’s game yesterday to throw up a comparable.
I could pull up a heap of former a grade cricketers playing in lower grades over the years. We don't even know this blokes past . But I can say this - F2 cricket is a long way from C grade but that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes with the current grade structures.

Back