BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Day 1 summarised by yours truely.

Dan Gilbert is really going to put creek on his back this year, Rosanna’s batting looks vulnerable. Carlton needs to avg over 13 with the stick for them to be a threat come March

Berg have a batting collapse *shock horror* new coach, same results. Epping look the real deal, however their March form worries me

With the amount of kanga Rosebank spend, you’d think they’d one day get a half decent bowler?? Riverside will win by about 200 runs.

Huge from JT to get Research out of a big hole, however I can see 200 odd not being enough for the two brothers to chase down off their own sticks. Has there been a better brother combo than those two

Bundoora are completely vulnerable when the GOAT doesn’t fire for them. But if anyone is going to bottle this from here, NEW are the ones to do it.

For the record, I have no idea who is good and who is bad, every game is going to go down to the wire

Dan Gilbert is really going to put creek on his back this year, Rosanna’s batting looks vulnerable. Carlton needs to avg over 13 with the stick for them to be a threat come March

Berg have a batting collapse *shock horror* new coach, same results. Epping look the real deal, however their March form worries me

With the amount of kanga Rosebank spend, you’d think they’d one day get a half decent bowler?? Riverside will win by about 200 runs.

Huge from JT to get Research out of a big hole, however I can see 200 odd not being enough for the two brothers to chase down off their own sticks. Has there been a better brother combo than those two

Bundoora are completely vulnerable when the GOAT doesn’t fire for them. But if anyone is going to bottle this from here, NEW are the ones to do it.

For the record, I have no idea who is good and who is bad, every game is going to go down to the wire
Was watching a bit of the Creek v Zannas game and Rosannas batting looked ordinary apart from Sheahan.
They rely heavily on making 180-200 and hopefully to tie teams down with their bowling. 168 might not cut the mustard this week and get Creek their 1st win of the season

I spent the weekend travelling between games (I’m an old timer) and your summary here is a very accurate picture. Rosebank looked very ordinary and Riverside looked good, Chrimes can’t buy a run though. Fact is B Money and Morgan to come back, with rumour having it that A Villani (after christmas) and potentially N Bragg (who wants to play in the 3’s and watch 370+ scored against) to come in. They look to be dangerous at this stage.

The wise brothers taking 7 between them just echoes your statement. Maybe this Billias that’s in their 3’s and making runs for fun could add some support? It has to come from somewhere.

North Eltham good on paper, not executing yet I don’t think. 2’s are though so no shortage to pick from. Maybe selection is the issue.

Real scrap for relegation is between Diamo and Bundoora. If Gilbert or the Prince don’t perform a week, don’t see them winning many.

Epping seem early flag contenders whilst Heidelberg can’t stop a rut.

Let’s make this a weekly ritual Burnerboy, talking about the actual cricket.

Nice summary, I reckon Rosebank could chase that score, small and quick ground (729 runs scored in two weeks), some of their batsmen would fancy their chances. Research did an amazing job to claw themselves to 200 +

I spent the weekend travelling between games (I’m an old timer) and your summary here is a very accurate picture. Rosebank looked very ordinary and Riverside looked good, Chrimes can’t buy a run though. Fact is B Money and Morgan to come back, with rumour having it that A Villani (after christmas) and potentially N Bragg (who wants to play in the 3’s and watch 370+ scored against) to come in. They look to be dangerous at this stage.

The wise brothers taking 7 between them just echoes your statement. Maybe this Billias that’s in their 3’s and making runs for fun could add some support? It has to come from somewhere.

North Eltham good on paper, not executing yet I don’t think. 2’s are though so no shortage to pick from. Maybe selection is the issue.

Real scrap for relegation is between Diamo and Bundoora. If Gilbert or the Prince don’t perform a week, don’t see them winning many.

Yes sir

Nice summary, I reckon Rosebank could chase that score, small and quick ground (729 runs scored in two weeks), some of their batsmen would fancy their chances. Research did an amazing job to claw themselves to 200 +
Well, Riversides attack is sub par. If they can blunt Luke Money, then it’s fill your boots against the others.

Don’t think we can declare them flag favourites. They’re coming off the back of being rolled for double figures in a 80 over grand final.

2 sides made 200+ in an 80 over innings and are not considered favourites to win their respective games.
From all the cricket I have watched over the years - I would be amazed if both sides lost from here.

2 sides made 200+ in an 80 over innings and are not considered favourites to win their respective games.
From all the cricket I have watched over the years - I would be amazed if both sides lost from here.
I'd be gobsmacked if Macleod didn't chase down Research in under 50 overs to be honest.
Macleod Park is small and quick

So , you admit you don't know him , or know of his circumstances or reasoning for playing cricket in Macleods 3rd grade side , yet you sit there and judge him as a bully ?
I don't know him and have never seen him play, maybe the bowling is just crap . It's F2 Park cricket.
I see Andy Stuart playing G3 for mont. Bloke has A grade tons in the bank. No one blinks an eye coz he is in his 40's. He is probably playing coz he likes getting amongst it on a Saturday and doesn't want to play to those standards anymore. Maybe this bloke has the same circumstances. I'm not sure why it bothers you or others so much.

21/28 clubs playing in the NRT20.
It seems to dropping off more and more each year.
It's a waste of time. Most clubs use it as an excuse to blood some of the younger players, and most of the senior players have little to no interest. I don't wanna finish work at 3pm to drive to Hurstbridge to play some hit and giggle or play against a Jika team that would struggle beating a DVCA non-shield team

Back