BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Who wins on Saturday.
Diamond Creek vs Rosanna
Heidelberg vs Epping
Riverside
vs Rosebank
Macleod vs Research
Bundoora
vs North Eltham

It's a waste of time. Most clubs use it as an excuse to blood some of the younger players, and most of the senior players have little to no interest. I don't wanna finish work at 3pm to drive to Hurstbridge to play some hit and giggle or play against a Jika team that would struggle beating a DVCA non-shield team
The jika teams normally hold their own and always cause a few upsets. Eg old ivanhoe and holy Trinity defeating Rosanna and Mac, sometimes everyone in here has a massive ego in terms of thinking our teams are the best when really it's all just wheely bin shyyt.

The jika teams normally hold their own and always cause a few upsets. Eg old ivanhoe and holy Trinity defeating Rosanna and Mac, sometimes everyone in here has a massive ego in terms of thinking our teams are the best when really it's all just wheely bin shyyt.
Old Ivanhoe are a surprise packet.

That's the nature of T20 cricket though. If you pit DVCA v Jika in One Day and Two Day, then you'd consistently see DVCA get the W

Is that why it only took Rosebank 2 years to get into Barclay. Their best 4 sides would be in the best 6-12 sides in the dvca hands down. Just continue being ignorant champion
Jika sides ranked 5 down to 20 are junk but. It really does fall away and that's not being ignorant, it's just the facts.

That's the nature of T20 cricket though. If you pit DVCA v Jika in One Day and Two Day, then you'd consistently see DVCA get the W
Jika sides ranked 5 down to 20 are junk but. It really does fall away and that's not being ignorant, it's just the facts.
agreed would think that the top couple of sides in Jika might hold their own.
The standard of Money shield the last couple of years has been pretty ordinary. Barclay is still head and shoulders above though.

Is that why it only took Rosebank 2 years to get into Barclay. Their best 4 sides would be in the best 6-12 sides in the dvca hands down. Just continue being ignorant champion
Both sides are gonna tell you they'll be better, but judging off the standard I see on Frogbox, the names playing in the JIKA comp and looking at the scores, I'm comfortable with my opinion Rivergum and Holy Trinity could fit into that 12, but i wont accept Old Ivanhoe or Reservoir Cobras would be anywhere near the top 12 let alone top 6.

- Epping
- Rosanna
- Heidelberg
- Riverside
- Macleod
- Research

- Rosebank
- NEW
- Bundoora
- Diamond Creek

They went up quickly cos they've always been a strong club. You're kidding yourself if you think anyone outside of Rivergum and HT would give the top flight of DVCA a shake. Best not to fire too quickly from the hip chief

They went up quickly cos they've always been a strong club. You're kidding yourself if you think anyone outside of Rivergum and HT would give the top flight of DVCA a shake. Best not to fire too quickly from the hip chief
Take away the money aspect, then have a look at how strong Jika would be against DVCA in respect to the strength of junior cricket , then you pretty much have your answer

Last edited:
Back